It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird ouija board experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hi all,
I was just reading up on the dangers of using an ouija board and it reminded me of somthing that happend when I was messing with an ouija board a while back.
I was having a conversation with something on the ouija board, when suddenly my arm started shaking uncontrollably, and I suddenly felt extremely emotional - I was basically laughing and crying at the same time. A few minutes later I felt extremely angry, more angry then I have ever felt before I think! And I felt this overwelming urge to throw the ouija board across the room.

Has anyone else ever had this experience?
And has anyone got any ideas what this experiance might of been??

Thanks in advance

edit on 11-3-2011 by CandiceZ because: spelling

edit on 11-3-2011 by CandiceZ because: my stupid keyboard

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I remember as a child I brought my sister's Ouija board to school in second grade. We all sat under a table and asked whoever was in the room to pull to the left and we'd pull to the right to see who was stronger. The entity put on a struggle, ended up scratching the board, b/c the entity was stronger than us. Always wondered about that, if it was something doing it.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It's most likely just the spirit playing with/testing you. Shielding could help with blocking these random bursts of emotions.

I'm a natural born energy worker & have been practicing various magickal traditions for a good amount of years by now & think that bad things will only happen if you expect them to. Casting a circle also never hurts, though I never do in any of my workings.

I just bought one a few weeks ago & have only tried it once so far. I have not had this experience & there were no replies but my hands felt like they were burning up & my chest was really tight afterwards. Still not sure if I believe in ghosts or not but I do believe in spirits.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PinkAndBlack
It's most likely just the spirit playing with/testing you. Shielding could help with blocking these random bursts of emotions.

bad things will only happen if you expect them to.

Interesting, thanks. I totally agree with you saying bad things only happen when you expect them to, thats why I was so confused as to what this experience was. I still regularly do the ouija board and nothing like that has happend since, I find it interesting though. Iv had a lot of Latin through the board, which is weird as I do not know one bit of Latin, so the sceptics cannot be right when they say you subconsiously push the glass yourself. I did the board with my dad once who is a Catholic, so he was very wary, and he started getting scratches appearing on him in front of our eyes. I always think that this was because he was scared, so somehow it makes it easy for the spirits to get to him-as nothing like that happend to me. I think you should never believe anything the board tells you though, I think spirits do try to put the frightners on you, I had one telling me I was going to die in a week for example. That was over a year ago.

edit on 11-3-2011 by CandiceZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CandiceZ

Crazy! I haven't heard of people getting scratches but I was sure it happens. It's easy to still feel a little scared no matter how brave you are, but I kinda feed off of it. I think the number one thing where many people go wrong with talking boards is when they ask "Are there ANY spirits that wanna talk?" ANY spirits really implies ANY spirits, good or bad (not right or wrong, but beneficial or not). Might be better to have a specific one in mind that you can test to verify it is who it says it is. I always thought Ouija Boards would be fun ways to talk to you spirit guides or higher-self, but I've found that so far tarot cards work better for me. Still not gonna give up on the Board just yet though

edit on 11/3/2011 by PinkAndBlack because: fnord?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CandiceZ

Originally posted by PinkAndBlack.........
Interesting, thanks. I totally agree with you saying bad things only happen when you expect them to, thats why I was so confused as to what this experience was. I still regularly do the ouija board and nothing like that has happend since, I find it interesting though. Iv had a lot of Latin through the board, which is weird as I do not know one bit of Latin, so the sceptics cannot be right when they say you subconsiously push the glass yourself. I did the board with my dad once who is a Catholic, so he was very wary, and he started getting scratches appearing on him in front of our eyes. I always think that this was because he was scared, so somehow it makes it easy for the spirits to get to him-as nothing like that happend to me. I think you should never believe anything the board tells you though, I think spirits do try to put the frightners on you, I had one telling me I was going to die in a week for example. That was over a year ago.
My mind is too square to believe any of this. I have never tried an ouija board. When I was a kid I would never have touched em because I was a christian. But strangely now that I don't have a faith I think it would be kind of fun to see what's out there.

So you think it's real, or possibly real, but you say to never believe anytying the board tells you?
edit on 11-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I dont know if this is the sort or reply you are after.

Around 1991 myself and a few other started messing around with a board (all of us around 11 or 12 years old).

Cant remember what was said but the board reacted by spelling out Alex.One of the boys present grabbed the glass and smashed it against a wall before bursting in to tears he then just started running.

*Now as an 11 year old kid I didnt know if this was a good/bad thing to do with the glass

Later on despite knowing I was going to get in to trouble of my mother I asked her who Alex was.
She never had a clue untill I told her the full story and the boy that got up and ran away.

She then explained to me that (lets call him paul) Paul had an older brother called Alexander who had passed away when he was around 4 or 5 (I dont recall if paul was born at the time of his brothers passing) but what I do know that none of the people present knew about it.

Around the same time my babysitter had been using a home made board and a glass from my house.
A few hours after replacing the glass in the kitchen by the sink I was sat in the living room watching tv when I heard a smash come from the kitchen.

When we went in to have a look we saw it was the glass she had used earlier approx 6ft away from the sink.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Having worked in the medical field for some time, any burning sensation in the arms or wherever there is a joint, lactic acid will build up and cause a burning sensation. Have you ever seen the body builders who go in competitions and hold their arms out with weights and they start shaking and drop the weight, same effect. You hold your arm out long enough it will start to burn, because of the lactic acid building up.

"people get rid of the lactic acid before it can build to the point where it causes muscle fatigue, and at the cellular level, Brooks said, training means growing the mitochondria in muscle cells." -berkeley.edu...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

A word of advice; they lie, lie and lie some more to keep you, They want to hang onto you because you give them energy. Don't mess with it, it doesn't bring any kind of good into your life and unless you're very experienced and have a purpose for using it, don't. My two cents from experience. You don't need that in your life.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Its all fun and games until someone ore something gets possessed. Dont use ouija boards.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by shamaniski

You don't have to tell me twice. I once wanted something more than anything else in this world and I used it, by myself, yes it worked. I had someone named "Rich" who promised me something and time after time he lied to keep me close. I almost went crazy with my want for what I wanted. Does that make sense? I've always sort of had a gift, most likely from my Irish grandma, and I started to test what I could do but it was all lies. There was one time it spelled out, when I was in tears, "Don't be foolish," and "God loves you." That helped bring me back to the present. My brother had died and it hurt so bad and for a time he was with me, for about six months. He saved me and then was gone and I didn't want that to go away. No, I won't mess with that again and if I did, I'm sure "Rich" whoever that is, would be right back trying to get me again.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

So you think it's real, or possibly real, but you say to never believe anytying the board tells you?
edit on 11-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

I do think its real, but I dont believe a lot of things it tells you as I think some spirits mess about with you and try to scare you, thats why a lot of people warn against using an ouija board because you dont know if you're going to get good or bad spirits.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Perhaps it was simply an adrenaline rush you were feeling? I don't know if the Ouija board works or not, but if someone truly believes it does, they are probably gonna be more than a little shaky/emotional/scared at the thought of communicating with the "other side".

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The Ouija board I wouldn't touch with a barge pole for 2 reasons. Firstly my Mum used it as a kid and the glass went flying across the room, but the second was the clincher for me.

When I was in school in 2nd year the 6th formers used to go on outward bound trips with the PE department to the Lake District and sleep in bothies (purpose made stone huts on the mountains). This particular group came back from their few days trip and I was told that somebody had taken a ouija board for the laugh.

They used it and one of the lads went crazy and it took 3 people plus the PE teacher to hold him down. The trip was cut short and they all came back.

Now that happened in my school, not made up at all. Don't touch the damn things. People may scoff and say ah nothing happened to me but it only takes one event to mess up everything, including your mental health.

Nuff said

October

top topics

join