It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Man, that is some serious destruction. I'm glad I live where I do. But then again I live in hurricaneville. I don't know why but I have a strange and odd feeling that something is coming soon, dont know what or where, I just have this feeling of dread like something is missing and not complete, like the Earth is not done yet. Stay vigilant people is quake areas, be ready for anything just in case.

link   
Pacific Tsunammi Fears Decreased as Surge has decreased/ eases, reports comming from Sky News:

Sky News

Is this the event predicted by someone on ATS of an event which would shock the world?

Kinda coincidental one thinks.
edit on 11-3-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by lammypie999

www2.nict.go.jp...

That is a legit website that many ppl use to show magnetic anomalies and disturbances. It says simulation because it is showing a computer generated image of the magnetic field and ionosphere.

link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Probably only minor issues with regards to this event, but should know by 11:49 am for San Diego

link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

I live 200 yards from the beach on the west coast and my whole neighborhood noone is going newhere. I am thinking about walking towards the beach to check it out.

I will not tell you not to, but just remember this.

A tsunami is NOT ONLY 1 WAVE.

The wave will come in, then recede. 2nd wave come in, then recede, etc. etc. The 1st may arrive, and then it is still very possible that a wave can come an hour later, that will be much much bigger. A Tsunami wave is unlike a normal wave.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I absolutely couldn't sleep last night and I fell asleep at about 3:30am CST and woke up with a text about this disaster. I've been glued to the tv and ATS since. Does anyone have a source that has a number of missing in Japan yet. I know it is early but they should have an estimate by now. I'm sure whatever number is released will be greatly inflated as loved ones are still trying to get ahold of them etc.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

We have to subscribe to get information from your link - you want to share with us poor people who can't afford to sign up?

Thanks
peace
edit on 11-3-2011 by silo13 because: peace peace

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
One of my oldest friends is living in Tottori Prefecture in southern Japan, and (while not surprising) thankfully she didn't feel it at all. Her boyfriend lives and works in Tokyo though, but I've heard he's doing well enough. I'll post any updates I get from either of them.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
fukushima power plant "under control" according to the BBC news channel UK
so hopefully thats a ll clear

Its under control SO FAR - they can't cool the rods (which means there MIGHT be a meltdown)

They are running on battery power at the moment, but if they can't get some power to run the pumps, then watch out.

link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
Does anyone have a source that has a number of missing in Japan yet. I know it is early but they should have an estimate by now. I'm sure whatever number is released will be greatly inflated as loved ones are still trying to get ahold of them etc.

Here's a link. Best wishes to you & your family

Google Japan Earthquake People Finder

link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
I absolutely couldn't sleep last night and I fell asleep at about 3:30am CST and woke up with a text about this disaster. I've been glued to the tv and ATS since. Does anyone have a source that has a number of missing in Japan yet. I know it is early but they should have an estimate by now. I'm sure whatever number is released will be greatly inflated as loved ones are still trying to get ahold of them etc.

From what i've read.

300 confirmed, but estimated 88,000

Yeah i know that's a big leap, but parts of Tokyo are on fire, a dam has burst, chemical and nuclear facilities are affected and parts of the tsunami have literally wiped away villages. Ships have gone missing and a passenger train is also uncontactable. 88,000 people reported missing.

www.bbc.co.uk...

news.yahoo.com...

rt.com...

EDIT: Hope your family and friends are safe. Keep in contact.

edit on 11-3-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

The reports vary between 10.000 to 88.000 people missing. Confirmed deaths are at 300.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

well that doesnt sound good
batteries?
well we all know batteries dont last!!!
just hope they fix it before they fail

link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Looks like I'm watching 9/11 all over again

This will probably kill more people than 9/11

terrorism vs mother nature? no contest
edit on 11-3-2011 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Golithion

Thanks for the update. I'm not sure what to think right now. My relatives don't seem too concerned and think things are just getting over hyped so, they are not planning on leaving the area. Hopefully they are right and everyone stays safe. I have a beautiful neice and adorable nephew living there and I would be devastated if anything happened to them.

link   
resident in japan says aftershocks every 20 minutes

link   
Some good pictures from the ny times.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
oregon cam not even there too select?
maybe warning has been passed and all is clear
i hope so for the people there too put their minds at rest

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
In case this hasn't been posted yet, there are numerous US military bases in Japan and I found a few reports on the status of some of them...

Atsugi rattled by quake; damage appears minimal

U.S. Navy Airman Andrew Matyas, 22, of Tucson, Ariz. was in a shop at Atsugi Naval Air Station trying on a new uniform when the quake hit.

“I felt a couple of jolts and I thought it was just going to be like the little normal shakes we have,” he said Friday evening. “Suddenly the shaking got more and more violent. I got outside as fast as I could and saw telephone poles and cars shaking.”

Matyas estimated the earthquake lasted several minutes.

Quake moves U.S. aircraft carrier from Yokosuka pier

Sailors aboard the aircraft carrier USS George Washington say the gentle rocking that signaled the beginning of the earthquake felt so familiar, they barely took note. As it intensified over the next few minutes, they knew something extraordinary was happening.

“It actually felt like we were under way and answering bells,” said Chief Petty Officer Bill Mason, of Damascus, Pa.

At Misawa, 'cold, miserable and scared people'

For several hours after the first quake struck, Misawa Air Base on the Pacific coast of northern Japan was in a blackout.

Just a 30-minute drive from Hachinohe, where a 13-foot tsunami wave pushed boats and debris miles inland, Misawa personnel had scrambled for the high ground, but the water did not come.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

Depending on how high up they are they should be just fine, at maximum they are estimating a six foot wave, Crescent City CA, is a little worried right now with regards to this event. But most places will only receive at the very least a three foot wave which will and could cause minor street flooding depending on the terrain. I am sure your family will be just fine hopefully. If they are below that and live around the coast I urge them to at least sand bag.

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join