It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answers to FAQs not in the FAQ.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Pagani

When you purchase something in the ATS store you have the option of using ATS or BTS or AP points or a combination of all three.

I'm guessing you left the default option of "using combined points".

If you've never been to BTS you should have a look.

Also note that you can customize ATS to take advantage of all three boards.

Check it out: Customization Feature and Surfing Our Sister Boards (AP + BTS)

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I don't know where to post this, so maybe here is a worthwhile shot? Most recently, when I visit a thread, my page will load twice. I use Safari as a web browser and am most often using my iBook (Tiger as of now). It doesn't actually "refresh" each time, but the top bar where "www.abovetopsecret...etc" is, will go blue twice. I'm not an idiot when it comes to computers, but I'm certainly no genius either. Could anyone explain why this is so? Thank you.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
So...

I joined ATS many months ago and accumulated points and had an avatar uploaded and a signature, but I didn't log in for about a month and when I finally came back, everything was gone! I hadn't done a thing to alter my account other than change the password. The site is treating me like a newbie again.

What could be the reason for this?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Question: I was drafting a new thread and realized that to attach my two photos, they need to be located at an URL. I don't have my own web site, and I didn't want to post my pics on a Facebook-type site because I would like to secure my privacy. Can anyone here recommend how I go about posting pics to a thread and still maintain anonymity and privacy? Can I Google free web sites out there on the Internet and sign up for a minimum amount of space under a fake name, create a quick and dirty web page to present my photos and then plug in the URL back here at my ATS thread?

- Rionifics

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Rionifics

I'd reccomend Photobucket or Imageshack; both work fine for what you're looking for.

There's also upload space here on ATS that's accessable through the MemberCenter. You can eventually add to your upload quota with ATS/BTS points, at the ATS store, if you find that you need more room.

[edit on 8/17/08 by redmage]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by redmage

Thanks very much, Redmage, for responding to my questions on how to get my two photos posted so I can create a new thread. I'll look into the two applications you suggested this weekend and see if I can get these pictures posted. I'm at work without my login info but I at home I'll check on the ATS space, too.

This is a big help!

- Rionifics

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Hi Gools!!

Excellent thread! Please, dou you know how I can change my member name?

Thanks a lot!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by herbert.amaral

You can't. You have to make a new account if you want a new name.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Can anyone help me figure out what is making my avatar repeat itself? I was hoping I would figure this out on my own, but unfortunately this whole process has got me beat.

I understand that it's kind of frowned upon so I'd like to get it fixed ASAP.

Thanks to whoever comes to my rescue!

Edit: Problem Solved!

[edit on 07/05/2008 by leakingignorance]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Not sure where this goes, but what is a Security alert? I was trying to post on a new thread and that came up, and I was not allowed to. There was no bashing, no cussing and I was on topic, I think. What does that mean?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I am new to the forums and I have tried to navigate throughout ATS to find an answer to my question, but I couldn't really find the answer. That said, here is my question (if someone can please help that would be great!):

What do the letters (P, F, S, W, & K ) under the member profile stand for?

Thank you

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
*BUMP* Anyone know what the Letters stand for???

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is on the front page of this forum. I will leave you to go look rather than repeat it all here.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
testing.....
edit on 8-2-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
So I tried to log into the media center and it told me i am not a member...
Odd thing is I am logged in and I post often. am I a member or not?
Tried to reset my password and it says my screen name does not exist...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

PuterMan I want to thank you so very much for the "new to posting? PDF". I'm new and was diligently reading the freshman forum and saw the bbcodes and brackets and went What?? Reminded me of old school DOS coding (way before internet) and my only experience with message boards were those set up like regular email pages. Your visual pdf was just the ticket for a visual oriented person like me to overcome my trepidation of my first post!!! Thanks!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Man, I'm still having issues navigating this site. This is totally probably not the right place to put this, no objections if it gets moved.

I was wondering if I could get a direct link to the board, if one exists, on what is considered reportable behavior? As a child I was kind of a tattle tale and would not like to set up a similar precedent here. On that matter, how do we report/bring a person to a mod's attention? I heard about a gripe button, but I can't seem to find it. Would it be at all possible to get some nice member to do a screencap and circle the applicable button or something?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Can anyone tell me how to flag threads

Thanks

Sincerely,

Your Canadian newbie

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

Well, I see I've come to the wrong place... No one has been replying to anyones questions for quite sometime now:/. Guess I'll have to figure it on my own

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join