It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North NJ, Loud Rumblings (3/10/11)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
So I live on the West Coast of Washington State and have been experiencing what sounds like the same thing since December of last year. I had heard it a couple of times before but never as loud and it is almost constant now.

I live in Western Washington as well.
Heard these "rumblings" to the South of me(Bothell) throughout the day a few days ago. Storms expected throughout the weekend.
"Rumblings" heard in NJ; flooding in New Jersey.

Coincidence? Maybe/Maybe not.

During the Dust Bowl drought dynamite was used to induce rain; I can't verify this, but I remember seeing it on a History Channel Special once upon a time.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Agreed. It did stop abruptly. I have lived in this area of NE Ohio my entire life and have never heard this sound. The rumbling was so low that at first I actually had to strain to hear it as it was almost inaudible. And as I said it was an annoying noise. Almost like a get the f**k out of my head type of annoying.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
sinkholes reported>>>>>????????????

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Current reports of "rumblings";
N New Jersey
S New Jersey
N Ohio
N New York
S Michigan
E Pennsylvania
W North Carolina
W New York
W Washington
W Tennessee

9 states so far.

Interestingly enough;
Take a look at the National Severe Weather Warning;
Notice States that have Flood Warnings;

Severe Weather; Updated: 2:06 AM GMT on March 11, 2011

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CVinWA

Many of the rivers here have already gone beyond flood level and caused damage. We got about another 2 inches of rain today and are expecting about 15 inches of snow tomorrow. I am curious how you think the two are related? Not being negative, just curious.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CVinWA

Hi there!

I live in Québec, Canada and this afternoon, at about 1PM I heard this rumble too. I had heard something similar before, but this time it was louder and also stopped suddenly.

It was a sound with presence, but I couldn't find where it came from, but it looked to be from the north-west, in my case...

It sounded like no engine. Only a rumble. It was peculiar enough to make me pause in my activities and listen.

I find it strange that it happened with a difference of 12 hours... because the description in the OP is so similar to what I heard I had to tell you.

Maybe it is the famous trumpet we should hear at the end's time?

Seriously, could it be something from space? I just thought, could it be the sound of the sun's last CME, or whatever it is called? ---Just asking, don't pebble me for my ignorance!

EDIT: Also, it has been raining hard all day and tomorrow is expected to be about the same...
edit on 10-3-2011 by Aresh Troxit because: ...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Found this article. It's a few weeks old and the description mentions a 20 minute sound. While these were 1 minute to 2 minute bursts, I still thought it would be good to share.

What was the loud rumbling over Washington Township and Pitman Saturday night?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

wow! now this is weird. I live in the suburbs outside philadelphia and i would say that for the last 2 weeks, this week in particular I have heard and felt a similar rumble. I actually thought it was a storm the first time and went outside to see a clear sky.
Tonight we are getting a storm here, pretty big one at that, and I would say the "rumbles" are nothing like the sound of wind, rain, or the thunder that i am hearing tonight.
The rumbles were more like a pulse, the sound level would go up and down. Not choppy like a helicopter or consistent like a plane flying over.
I'm still of the belief that the rumble I heard was naturally caused but this topic certainly got my gears spinning...

went back and read the last two pages...i'm thoroughly intrigued!! i'll be keeping an ear out on this one
edit on 10-3-2011 by TheRealTruth84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...
do you think they should have had an indication a big one was coming?
and possible warned the general public?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Wow... I am sitting here in my livingroom (in Barrie, Ontario) watching the terrible destruction from the 8.9 (current rating) magnitude earthquake in Japan, and I keep hearing strange rumbling, very much as described by the others above. Coming in about five minute increments, lasting for two or so. And no, it's not me projecting my expectations, hahahaha! I hope it's not, anyway...

Connection?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Sorry to not have replied before now but yes, it scared the day lights out of me too. At first like the others here I thought it was a plane or a tornado or something like that. But it turned into a constant thrum like rumble that did not waver too much in its frequency. Almost as if someone had hit a very low pitched tuning fork on something and held it up to my head.
edit on 11-3-2011 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I just thought I would remind people that some of us, myself included, have been hearing this for weeks and months but never brought it up due to a lack of proof. Therefore, any of the recent flooding and storms would not be the cause. I have personally gone out on my deck to investigate the sound on perfectly clear nights. I saw stars -- but nothing else that would explain the noise.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This is a portent.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

from what began from a local event seems to more widespread than it appears, so may variances in the descriptions too , some with shaking , some with emotional irritation, and some with lights in the sky! .. i wonder where this will all end

intriguedbox

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Wow, This is weird. Late in the evening back in May of 1984, 4 of us in total were hanging out in my friends house in Union City, NJ having a couple beers when all of a sudden we heard what sounded like some sort of engine rumbling in the sky. It actually slightly shook the house! But the strangest thing about it was it lasted but 15 to 20 seconds then stopped. We all kind of looked at each other and went on talking.

Then a few moments later it happened again! Best I can explain it is it sounded like an aircraft engine but with a very deep low pitch. By time one of my friends said, "WTF" it was silent again.

Now we are all just sitting there looking at each other because we all know that was unlike anything we ever heard before. I remember my one friend putting his open hand over his eyes then moving it down his face while he stared at his beer and shook his head.

It happened again! This time we all look at each other then at one time we jump out of our seats and run outside to see what the heck this thing was. When we got outside we saw nothing and now didn't hear anything either.

After a lot of speculation, we finished our beer then went our own ways home.
The next day, the friend who's house we were staying at called me with this...Dude, I just read the paper and there's a story about a UFO being seen all over Hudson County!!
Man, we were all upset we didn't react faster and got up off our butts after the first time we heard it.
Now it's like 25 years later and the same friend who still keeps in touch sends me an email of this link...
www.ufoevidence.org...

I asked him if he was sure it was the same day and he said he was positive.

I still don't know what it was but it has stayed with me all these years and I'm freaked out but happy to have read your post. Hopefully we'll both see it next time.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CVinWA

Add NW Atlanta. Every morning between 3 a.m. and 4 a.m. for at least a few months now. It usually (4 nights out of 7) wakes me up. It's a very low sustained rumbling that at first seems like a large plane (or maybe more like a fleet of planes traveling together) but isn't. At first I thought it was a scheduled military cargo flight or something, but now I realize that it can't be because 1.) it's a constant sound (not what you'd expect from an approaching and then leaving plane) that lasts for about 10 to 12 minutes and then stops—for this to be a plane or be on some flight path, it would have to either be going about 2 miles and hour or be hovering or be a few miles long—because 2.) when you run outside to look, there is no plane anywhere, and because 3.) the pitch really isn't quite right for a plane—it's more sustained at a lower level and doesn't have all the variances of a typical engine—not like a plane at all if you really stop to listen hard. I think I've posted about this in at least one other thread on ATS but can't find it offhand. It maybe have been on one or more of the threads about waking up at the same time every night. I'm going to actually attempt to record it next time I wake up as I just got a USB micro-recorder for work. To be honest, I'm a bit of a chicken about going outside, and the three or four times it compelled me to this point it really creeped me out, but I'll try. .

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I don't live too far from you OP - Rockland county right on the Bergen county line and I, too, have heard these rumblings on an off for the last few days. The most recent was today around 3pm. I was sitting on my sofa, which is by a large bay of windows, and the rumbling started and the high back of my sofa shook. The whole thing only lasted about 20 seconds but I couldn't pass it off as merely an airplane or truck because those vibrations wouldn't have caused my sofa to shake. I'll try to be more aware over the next few days as I usually keep my windows open and as you can tell from the timing of my post, I'm usually up most of the night.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dadfortruth1

You know its interesting you brought this up,because I was thinking about the magnitude of the Earthquake in Japan. I was wondering do you think we might have heard the ground shifting in preparation for the big earthquake? I mean there is the Tao Hum and honestly not everyone can hear it but the sound is there. So is it possible that only a few of us that posted here are able to hear the sounds of the Earth movements before a big one? I for one would be interested in finding out if anything similar happens before another big Earthquake.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I need to report that a pair of my co-workers heard the rumbling going on most of the day on Saturday 3-12-11.
They said that they heard it most of the day. The location was midway between Lancaster and Reading in Pennsylvania.
I heard nothing at my location, approximately 15 miles away.
edit on 14-3-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Heard a long rumbling engine like sound today in Essex county NJ.

The sound seemed to emanate from high in the sky. I was unable to identify it's source.

A few planes went by as EWR Liberty airport is located south east, yet the rumbling sound remained audible and unchanged for approximately 20 minutes today Monday March 21st starting at around 10:30am.

This is not the first time I've heard this unidentified sound and my cat always acts up before and after the sound is audible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join