It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Benghazi Explosion – Tactical Nuke Use By Gaddafi Suspected

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarist

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

1)Yes, prices have gone up due to the conflict. What did they do the previous ten years?

2)I never claimed everything was awful there, so again, yo are reaching, and deflecting.

3)You are still missing the point on gas pricing, and I do not wish to go any further on it. You have proven you dont get my point.

4)A car is a luxury. You could get where you needed to be without one. You have just been so heavily indoctrinated as to think you cant live without one.

1. Prices have went slowly up, not 4 cents overnight. That's a very steep change. Of course fuel will get to $5, but, if things were they way they were, it wouldn't happen until probably late 2012.
2. You never did, but you act like he is terrible. I can't say the same...
3.Okay, fine, I'll completely stop talking about the gas prices.
4. So okay, a car is a luxury, I'll give you that. I just want to know how I'll get to places without one. You know, we don't have public transit over this way and it's a 30 drive to work. Not including the stores I have to go to, which are still a good drive. So tell me, how do I accomplish tasks without a car when I live in the country?

1) Are you sure about that? Or is it just that they leveled off for a couple of years so you have forgotten the last time we saw the exact same type of spikes??

2)No, I dont 'act like he is terrible'. I was asked a direct question, I gave a direct and factual answer. You are the one taking leaps in logic here.

3)Good.

4)Let's think about this for a second. Why is it that you feel you must travel to work? Did you choose to live in the country, based on the luxury of being able to drive 30 miles to work?

1. I don't ever remember gas going up 4 cents overnight, at least in my lifetime...
2. Whatever, on to #4
4. I MUST travel to work so I can pay my bills and feed my family. I CAN'T move, the housing market has collapsed, so I'm here for the foreseeable future. So, explain to me how I'll be able to live if I couldn't get to work.

1)Then you must be VERY young, as it has happened at least twice in the passed 10 years, and at least 4 times in my lifetime.

2)You may have to give up some of the luxuries that you have to live in a less violent world. It never ceases to amaze me how much people want to scream about peace and the such, but arent willing to give up anything in order to get it. It you truly do not believe that you can live without traveling 30 miles to work, then that is a true sign of your indoctrination. I notice you wont answer as to whether these things were your choice or not...why is that?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarist

I hope Gaddafi kills all the damn rebels, it'll keep our oil prices down.

I hope the oil runs out and everyone has to walk 20 miles to their job at McDonalds. Peace.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
Really wish people would stop using the - don't need gas, other ways to get around line.

The economy is based around oil - it is needed to grow crops, process crops and get the damn food to the supermarket so you environmentalists can bike there to buy it.

As to Gaddafi, he is scum - but take a look around the world - it is full of pathetic individuals who will exploit others for their gain. The world is not a happy place, never has been and never will be.

(and before the high and upstanding moralists start preaching at me that it won't with my attitude, get off your computer and go out and try to make a difference)

1. I don't ever remember gas going up 4 cents overnight, at least in my lifetime...

It has spiked at least 3-4 cents a few times since all this started....and just wait till next week when the people of Saudi Arabia start to riot.
edit on 6-3-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

Sure, it would take a major restructuring to get off of our dependence of oil. What I am tired of is people who want to talk about not being involved in this mess in one breath, and screaming about how they wont give up consuming oil in the other. This line of thinking is the ONLY reason a man like Gaddaffi has power.

And no, oil is not NEEDED to grow crops.

Other than that, I agree with most of what you said.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkThorson

Who cares about Libya? I hope Gaddafi kills all the damn rebels, it'll keep our oil prices down. It isn't like he was Hitler or anything.

This is one of the most disgusting posts I have seen on ATS.

Who cares? Those of us who give a damn about life, that's who.

calm down, if your so bothered why aren't you over there helping or something. Or as I expect, your the sort of coward who'll call troops baby killers and murderers I bet, whilst sitting at your computer in the comfort of your home thinking a post on ATS on the moral highs and lows of foreign policy will solve the crisis.

Typical, gutless reply. 'Why arent you over there?' Get over yourself, it may be because I dont have the means to do so.

Quite a leap there too, to take my calling of the advocacy of murder and twisting into me being a coward and anti-american. How exactly did you make that leap? From what I can see here I said nothing about the US whatsover, only about some couch-commando(im guessing you are one as well) that thinks lower oil prices is worth mass death.

Seriously, you're going to have to explain how you got from point A to point B here....because all I see is some wannabe hiding behind a computer calling names.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Who cares about Libya? I hope Gaddafi kills all the damn rebels, it'll keep our oil prices down. It isn't like he was Hitler or anything.

And Americans wonder why we're hated by the world.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
did anyone else notice the main chunks of information from the article?

"new physics"

"went underground"

"4th gen nukes"

what the article is saying is that fissionable material is no longer required to create a fission reaction exlposion. north korea's "nuclear program" is not a "sham." it is just not "conventional."

peace,
mbzastava
edit on 6-3-2011 by mbzastava because: spelling

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CCLLCCLL
reply to post by Aquarist

I hope Gaddafi kills all the damn rebels, it'll keep our oil prices down.

I hope the oil runs out and everyone has to walk 20 miles to their job at McDonalds. Peace.

If your more then a mile away from a mcdonalds then your probably not on planet earth

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

This is one of the most disgusting posts I have seen on ATS.

Who cares? Those of us who give a damn about life, that's who.

Just a question...but what did he do wrong before this uprising?
I mean, if you were the leader of a country, and violent rebels were trotting around, what would you do? Let 'em trample all over your dead body? Or defend yourself, your family, and your government?
@ Backinblack-I remember reading the article about Obama's assassination bill, do you have a link to it? Because my friend wanted to see it but I couldn't find it.

What did he do? Are you kidding? According to one of closest aids, he did personally ask for and funded the terrorists attack on PanAm 103. He's trained and paid for training camps and supported known terrorist crews that went out and killed innocent people until he had a smart bomb dropped on his house. Then he quieted down. He's a monster. The people in Libya should have done this years ago...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I hope US pays $6 - 7 a gallon like the rest of the real world ...
Go crawl under a rock

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Proof Gaddafi is firing from the air on its own people ?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by whyamIhere
I would not put anything past the Libyan Leader.

We don't need a No-Fly Zone anywhere in the Gulf.

We need one well placed Hellfire Missile from a Drone.

For God Sakes, The man lives in a tent.

What the hell are we spending all that money on?

Give my ten year old that Joystick. She will fly it in the tent,

Then directly up his murdering a$$, and pick up some gold coins along the way.

Hilarious (not). Miraculously, not even the American leadership see themselves as if they are Rambo like you do.

I don't think it's very funny to joke about your country assassinating a leader of a sovereign nation, or assassinating anyone for that matter. And what do you think would come out of such an act, the same butterflies, puppy dogs and rainbows that came out of the US-led assassination of Saddam?

Another million will die because you think your country is a cowboy in the wild west.

it amazes me that u and so many others ignored the fact that he would allow his 10 year old daughter to commit murder.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Taking direct action will save lives but if you pussyfoot around and more people will die. If Muammar el-Qaddafi is the problem then I suggest that someone removes him in by whatever means necessary. Shake your heads and wave your fingers until something like this happens in your country. We'll see if your attitude changes then. Its only the countries that aren't in the need of our help that like to bash us for what we do. Go find and talk to some people that were alive during WW2 and ask them there views on the United States helping, I bet its a whole lot different then yours.

Now for the OP's post. There are only a hand full of countries with tact nukes. If they did get a hold of one im sure it would be easily spotted by the numerous countries that are monitoring the movements and activity of both rebels and government troops right now. Lets just say the UN and nato would be all over them right now if they used one.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Bombing an arms cache makes the most sense to me; not a mini-nuke.
Send someone into the area with a Geiger counter if you really think so.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I already apologized for my tongue in cheek remark.

Some of you people should really get a sense of humor, they are quite wonderful.

I am still in disbelief so many would defend this tyrant.

People are being killed in the street by their leader. They have ask for help.

I don't advocate killing anything. Your Rambo guess wasn't even close.

Do you form all your opinions of American's based off movies?

Is this where I am supposed to apologize for being an American?

Should I be sorry that all over the world. When people are in trouble they call America?

I am not sorry. It makes me proud to be an American.

reply to post by Question Fate

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I dont beleive so ,,,,

Any nuke goes off anywhere in the world surface wide and even underground would be confirmed fast,,,,

And bodies were recovered??

What did they do??,,have a vacume cleaner and vacumed up the dust or see pompei statues???

Theres fire work factories in china that blow up,, that probly would be equal to this explosion...?

Personally,,there dictators/goverments,,more like regimes,,,are very ruthless and very very corrupt as well,,,,

Imagine having mercinaries and hired guns from other african nations to controll/kill his own people as he does???
(Im sure Sean Penn would have an answer)lol

I myself see all grim in the middle east,,,,,,

nothing good,,,,

k

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
Seriously, Am I missing something?

He is killing his own people in the street. They are asking for our help.

If you had family there, and they were getting shot down on the street?

Wishing this murderer to leave is not going to get him out.

My Drone comment was tongue in cheek. I apologize if I offended anyone.

Let's hear your ideas to remove him...

First of all, if they are asking for help like you claim, then they should be appealing to the UN for peacekeepers. That's the process to acquire them, and that is their job.

Second of all, they aren't appealing for Americans to invade, at least not from what I've seen. And yes, implementing a No-Fly zone is a military offensive (the exact words of Canadian military leadership).

Thirdly, who says we need to remove him? Do you not see the American-backed rebels lynching and killing black people on the streets of Libya? Gee, didn't we see something like this before... oh yeah, in Iraq, after the US destabilized the country and civil war followed where ethnic groups started massacreing each other (there are direct links between the US military and genocide forces like the Wolf Brigade).

captaintyinknots-

I just want to say that, you are wrong on this point. The biggest users of oil in the West is the food industry, specifically agriculture and factory farming.

In the West, they use a lot of oil in food production because it is convinient for them (while ultimately producing sh!tty food and destroying the environment).

There are indeed farms in the world that operate without the need for oil, specifically in Cuba after their 90s agricultural revolution (most of their pesticides were redesigned to be made with natural products and overall, are much more efficient that oil-based pesticides). However, the West would starve without oil for food production.

The best theory that I've heard about why the West wants Libya is so Libya's oil can be transferred into Europe via Spain, eliminating Europe's dependence on Russian oil.
edit on 6-3-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

captaintyinknots-

I just want to say that, you are wrong on this point. The biggest users of oil in the West is the food industry, specifically agriculture and factory farming.

In the West, they use a lot of oil in food production because it is convinient for them (while ultimately producing sh!tty food and destroying the environment).

There are indeed farms in the world that operate without the need for oil, specifically in Cuba after their 90s agricultural revolution (most of their pesticides were redesigned to be made with natural products and overall, are much more efficient that oil-based pesticides). However, the West would starve without oil for food production.

The best theory that I've heard about why the West wants Libya is so Libya's oil can be transferred into Europe via Spain, eliminating Europe's dependence on Russian oil.
edit on 6-3-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

And I just want to say, you are completely wrong, and the point went over your head.

There is not a single crop on this planet that REQUIRES oil to grow. It is the INDUSTRY that requires the oil, not the crops. Crops have grown long before the dependence on oil.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
they should in troops and slaughter all the ones who try and fight back. new.world.order.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Our sons and daughters have been dying in the middle east for over 20 years now and to what end? 230,000 troops were deployed to Saudi Arabia August 6th 1990 in preperations for war with Saddem Hussein. Our foot print in the middle east and our national debt have only grown since then. Do you think these flare-ups in the middle east are happen-stance. You look but do not see, listen but do not hear. The average American is blind and deaf to anything but their own comfort. They have imprinted a Rambo mentality on an entire generation and it will be our doom. No matter where in the world I go people say to me; say to your president; please no more war. It seems the four horsemen have been loosed!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join