It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Benghazi Explosion – Tactical Nuke Use By Gaddafi Suspected

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by whyamIhere
I would not put anything past the Libyan Leader.

We don't need a No-Fly Zone anywhere in the Gulf.

We need one well placed Hellfire Missile from a Drone.

For God Sakes, The man lives in a tent.

What the hell are we spending all that money on?

Give my ten year old that Joystick. She will fly it in the tent,

Then directly up his murdering a$$, and pick up some gold coins along the way.

Hilarious (not). Miraculously, not even the American leadership see themselves as if they are Rambo like you do.

I don't think it's very funny to joke about your country assassinating a leader of a sovereign nation, or assassinating anyone for that matter. And what do you think would come out of such an act, the same butterflies, puppy dogs and rainbows that came out of the US-led assassination of Saddam?

Another million will die because you think your country is a cowboy in the wild west.

dAMN MAN YOU JUST FIND A WAY TO SUCK THE FUN OUT OF EVERYTHING

2nd line

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by whyamIhere
I would not put anything past the Libyan Leader.

We don't need a No-Fly Zone anywhere in the Gulf.

We need one well placed Hellfire Missile from a Drone.

For God Sakes, The man lives in a tent.

What the hell are we spending all that money on?

Give my ten year old that Joystick. She will fly it in the tent,

Then directly up his murdering a$$, and pick up some gold coins along the way.

Hilarious (not). Miraculously, not even the American leadership see themselves as if they are Rambo like you do.

I don't think it's very funny to joke about your country assassinating a leader of a sovereign nation, or assassinating anyone for that matter. And what do you think would come out of such an act, the same butterflies, puppy dogs and rainbows that came out of the US-led assassination of Saddam?

Another million will die because you think your country is a cowboy in the wild west.

dAMN MAN YOU JUST FIND A WAY TO SUCK THE FUN OUT OF EVERYTHING

2nd line

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Not unless they've invented a non radiological nuke or something. Maybe they bundled together a whole bunch of the regular stuff. Hell that rocket fuel disaster video that goes around shows what all kinds of chemicals can do. Maybe they're using an ammonium perchlorate bomb.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarist
Who cares about Libya? I hope Gaddafi kills all the damn rebels, it'll keep our oil prices down. It isn't like he was Hitler or anything.

Utter failure of a post

I'm sorry but the man is killing his own people, he ordered the killing of innocent protesters just because he is there leader should we simply ignoring it? its a sad day for the world when we have to turn a blind eye to this sort of thing for fear of making this look like a western plot, i hope the people of libya and the middle east take him down and the rest of them dictators for them self and string him up before he can even stand trial for crimes against humanity the mans an EVIL DICTATOR and has done nothing but steal from his own people for the past 42 years

Where are all the good people in this world huh oh yeah on the streets protesting getting shot at

edit on 6-3-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Don't mean to derail the thread as there are some good discussions and valid points being put about. However, shouldn't this be in the hoax section? I only suggest it as it seems there blatantly was no tactical nuke and the headline is very misleading -
Jus woke up saw the headline and thought # its all over! Not a nice thing to wake up to!

Glad there are more credible reports and posters here to see through the lies.

Peace

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LestatG
Don't mean to derail the thread as there are some good discussions and valid points being put about. However, shouldn't this be in the hoax section? I only suggest it as it seems there blatantly was no tactical nuke and the headline is very misleading -
Jus woke up saw the headline and thought # its all over! Not a nice thing to wake up to!

Peace

I have to agree i actually laughed at the title tbh

There is no way Gaddafi would have got his hand on anything labeled nuke not even a small tactical nuke this was an arms dump explosion the rest of the damaged course by fire after the initial explosion

End thread Gaddafi just wont have got his hands on them

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Peace

I have to agree i actually laughed at the title tbh

There is no way Gaddafi would have got his hand on anything labeled nuke not even a small tactical nuke this was an arms dump explosion the rest of the damaged course by fire after the initial explosion

End thread Gaddafi just wont have got his hands on them

MY FIRST DOUBLE POST GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by aarys

Was is a nuke? Simple matter to go downwind and sample the air.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Who cares about Libya? I hope Gaddafi kills all the damn rebels, it'll keep our oil prices down. It isn't like he was Hitler or anything.

oke don't care about them. .but in future you'l face that situation. .and we'l be there to care. .because we are human..its humanity

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarist

I keep hearing folks saying that the Libyan majority supports Quadaffi. The rebels will fail, and only serve to run up gas prices.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

Glad I'm not the only one, as I live quite close to Libya that 'headline' gave us a bit of concern to say the least!

Peace

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I don't go for this "mini nuke" thing at all.
The first thing that did spring to mind though, given such a large area devastated by the blast, was a thermobaric weapon detonated just above ground. Those things are known to cause a huge amount of damage.
Not sure if Gaddaffi has them but others do, and I wouldn't put it past those others to use them, blame Gaddaffi then offer to help!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Someone tried to open a high explosive storage bunker with a cutting torch.?!

If it was a nuke likely the Crater would have a green glass lining, Trinitite also known as Atomsite or Alamogordo Glass.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.mine-engineer.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
a tactical nuke huh...I think things just got very serious...I wonder whose nuke it was?

It doesn't seem to me that an ammunition depot could cause so much damage...
edit on 5-3-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

If not a nuke then possibly some other sort of bomb...3 soccer fields blast radius plus quite a bit of damage to the surrounding area's is not a small bomb
edit on 5-3-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

You might wanna google "Enschede fireworks disaster" before thinking that, where a fireworks storage exploded leveling an entire city block.

I'm not saying a nuke hasn't been used but let's not assume right away that it's the case just because of the amount of destruction, there's some nasty explosives out there.
edit on 6/3/11 by Romekje because: typo

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
For 40+ years you have paid gaddafi with your own tax money. He is Americas pawn just like Mubarak. All this unrest is set up. please realize that your hard earned money paid for that bomb whatever it was.

I will ask how is 10+ trillion dollars in debt going for you

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
I don't go for this "mini nuke" thing at all.
The first thing that did spring to mind though, given such a large area devastated by the blast, was a thermobaric weapon detonated just above ground. Those things are known to cause a huge amount of damage.
Not sure if Gaddaffi has them but others do, and I wouldn't put it past those others to use them, blame Gaddaffi then offer to help!

This was mine also but it then struck me that he would also not be able to get hold of such a weapon,

I believe the russians have some like the MOABs but titled The father of all bombs instead of the US Mother Of All Bombs

But i don't think they have anything big enough air force wise to carry the thing & drop it

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

Glad I'm not the only one, as I live quite close to Libya that 'headline' gave us a bit of concern to say the least!

Peace

Highly highly unlikely

You have to look at the fact if one was used, the nation who sold them it after an arms embargo in place would be in alot of trouble, there's only a handful of military's in the world who posses them so it wouldn't be very hard to trace that back. stay safe

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by aarys

the real focus should be the blatant baiting-story itself.

the following reply to the article (found on the linked page...in the OP) expresses my view
on the situation.
www.veteranstoday.com

Danton says:
March 5, 2011 at 2:56 pm
Headline: BENGHAZI EXPLOSION – TACTICAL NUKE USE BY GADDAFI SUSPECTED

“Reports indicate an ammunition depot caused the blast
but another, far more sinister [CONVENIENT] cause is much more likely, a tactical nuclear weapon.”

IF!! the story of an Israeli micro-nuke is true—and who knows nowadays–then it is more than likely that Israel’s Mossad or CIA operatives, did this as a false flag op to give credibility to the WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION scenario that is being pushed as an excuse for full scale military intervention.
After Iraq, a lot of people will regard the WMD threat as a phony pretext for war, so it has to be made to look real.

If oil and Israel are involved in a situation, TRUST NO ONE!...

the article is meant to instill the threat of Nuclear Proliferation into the equasion... all the more
reason to force a No-Fly-Zone in that N African area.

establishing US Army boots on the ground seems to be the purpose of this Sky-is-falling OP-ED article
disguised as News reporting.
edit on 6-3-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

Utter failure of a post

I'm sorry but the man is killing his own people, he ordered the killing of innocent protesters just because he is there leader should we simply ignoring it? its a sad day for the world when we have to turn a blind eye to this sort of thing for fear of making this look like a western plot, i hope the people of libya and the middle east take him down and the rest of them dictators for them self and string him up before he can even stand trial for crimes against humanity the mans an EVIL DICTATOR and has done nothing but steal from his own people for the past 42 years

Where are all the good people in this world huh oh yeah on the streets protesting getting shot at

Where is all of the outrage about "evil dictators", innocents being killed, genocide etc in the countless other scenario's of far worse being done in just the last 5 - 10 years? Why does everyone think this is our business, and want us to act while we get nonstop slander for going all Captain America on a dictator responsible for FAR worse crimes against his own people? North Korea is set up like one giant concentration camp outside of Pyongyang. That is not some conspiracy theory, it's a fact.

It is unbelievable how things get so twisted out of context, no matter what we do or don't do.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

This is one of the most disgusting posts I have seen on ATS.

Who cares? Those of us who give a damn about life, that's who.

calm down, if your so bothered why aren't you over there helping or something. Or as I expect, your the sort of coward who'll call troops baby killers and murderers I bet, whilst sitting at your computer in the comfort of your home thinking a post on ATS on the moral highs and lows of foreign policy will solve the crisis.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join