It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Benghazi Explosion – Tactical Nuke Use By Gaddafi Suspected

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

i agree we should just send a bunker buster or hellfire missle to his camp it would kill him and solve the revolution no one wants his pussie butt in there in anyway. what he is doing is basically a small scale genocide. I honestly care more about hte lifes of animals than i do the lifes of this pathetic human race. we waste so much money to create a dumb no fly zone when we could end it all with a small missle from a uav...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
If he had used a tactical nuke all the news services would have been screaming about it. It sounds like a fuel air bomb to me.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Are you guys serious? We blow up innocent people every day in Iraq, but the second someone else sets off a nuke the tables turn a bit.

Seems pretty hypocritical.

In my opinion, we should stop trying to buy friends after we obliterate their land and people. Egypt is just another example of where the safety and well being of the people is not as important as BIG GOVERNMENT SPENDING.

But at least our enemies fear us....
for now.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by aarys

i think a nuke is unlikely bt then again i wouldnt put it past him the man has lost his mind.

if only there was a group whos responsibility it was to solve problems in the world such as this

oh wait.......

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

Originally posted by Aquarist
Who cares about Libya? I hope Gaddafi kills all the damn rebels, it'll keep our oil prices down. It isn't like he was Hitler or anything.

Utter failure of a post

I'm sorry but the man is killing his own people, he ordered the killing of innocent protesters just because he is there leader should we simply ignoring it? its a sad day for the world when we have to turn a blind eye to this sort of thing for fear of making this look like a western plot, i hope the people of libya and the middle east take him down and the rest of them dictators for them self and string him up before he can even stand trial for crimes against humanity the mans an EVIL DICTATOR and has done nothing but steal from his own people for the past 42 years

Where are all the good people in this world huh oh yeah on the streets protesting getting shot at

edit on 6-3-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

Its the fact that we feel the need to be involved in things that aren't our business, and feel the need to turn our noses when somebody actually needs help. You're right, the guy is a bad guy. He's doing a lot of things I disagree with, and he's killing people because its a battle between freedom protesters and an evil leader. Okay, so of course that means the US must be involved immediately.

When a dictator is ruling and is threatened by masses of people attempting to overthrow him, its obviously going to start some problems. I hope the protesters come out on top.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I really dont see how some of you guys can support this prick when he was responsible for the death of american soldiers in the past burn this [Offensive Content Removed]and his radical country

PROFANITY
Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 3/6/2011 by tothetenthpower because: Offensive Content Removed;Added Mod Note

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
1)Yes, prices have gone up due to the conflict. What did they do the previous ten years?

2)I never claimed everything was awful there, so again, yo are reaching, and deflecting.

3)You are still missing the point on gas pricing, and I do not wish to go any further on it. You have proven you dont get my point.

4)A car is a luxury. You could get where you needed to be without one. You have just been so heavily indoctrinated as to think you cant live without one.

1. Prices have went slowly up, not 4 cents overnight. That's a very steep change. Of course fuel will get to $5, but, if things were they way they were, it wouldn't happen until probably late 2012.
2. You never did, but you act like he is terrible. I can't say the same...
3.Okay, fine, I'll completely stop talking about the gas prices.
4. So okay, a car is a luxury, I'll give you that. I just want to know how I'll get to places without one. You know, we don't have public transit over this way and it's a 30 drive to work. Not including the stores I have to go to, which are still a good drive. So tell me, how do I accomplish tasks without a car when I live in the country?

1) Are you sure about that? Or is it just that they leveled off for a couple of years so you have forgotten the last time we saw the exact same type of spikes??

2)No, I dont 'act like he is terrible'. I was asked a direct question, I gave a direct and factual answer. You are the one taking leaps in logic here.

3)Good.

4)Let's think about this for a second. Why is it that you feel you must travel to work? Did you choose to live in the country, based on the luxury of being able to drive 30 miles to work?

1. I don't ever remember gas going up 4 cents overnight, at least in my lifetime...
2. Whatever, on to #4
4. I MUST travel to work so I can pay my bills and feed my family. I CAN'T move, the housing market has collapsed, so I'm here for the foreseeable future. So, explain to me how I'll be able to live if I couldn't get to work.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Really wish people would stop using the - don't need gas, other ways to get around line.

The economy is based around oil - it is needed to grow crops, process crops and get the damn food to the supermarket so you environmentalists can bike there to buy it.

As to Gaddafi, he is scum - but take a look around the world - it is full of pathetic individuals who will exploit others for their gain. The world is not a happy place, never has been and never will be.

(and before the high and upstanding moralists start preaching at me that it won't with my attitude, get off your computer and go out and try to make a difference)

1. I don't ever remember gas going up 4 cents overnight, at least in my lifetime...

It has spiked at least 3-4 cents a few times since all this started....and just wait till next week when the people of Saudi Arabia start to riot.
edit on 6-3-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
reply to post by Aquarist

I keep hearing folks saying that the Libyan majority supports Quadaffi. The rebels will fail, and only serve to run up gas prices.

Completely right, what I'm trying to convey.

Looks like some people with sense entered this thread. That's great.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Neither side of this conflict want foreign troops, so stay the hell out.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
He has been trying to bomb this same ammo dump for fifteen days, I see they finally hit it. How pathetic in every aspect.

What great pilots those are, they finally hit it.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Your article claims that Ghadaffi used a tactical nuke given to him by Israel

However, more rational news sources have reported this to be the result of the Libyans bombing a key rebel's arm cache.

Everybody blames Jews for everything. Even when there is no connection or proof, suggesting any involvementy at all.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

reply to post by rigel4

I am 15, myself, and unfortunately God isn't with me.

Wait are you 15

Or do you own a car,home,and support a family?

My car doesn't guzzle gas. I own a Hyundai Elantra. Also, I'm vegan.

And it's not like I'm materialistic, I'm realistic. I have to get to work, go to the doctor, and get food. And where I live I can't walk to any business. So I need gas to stay low so I can live well and not foreclose on my house and live in my car that can't move because I can't pay for fuel.

I MUST travel to work so I can pay my bills and feed my family

Or are you 15 with a family and a mortgage?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by binomialtheorem
Get some exercise and use a bike, and maybe even put a basket on it for groceries.

I live 10 miles from the nearest grocery store.
On a bicycle that would take about an hr
to ride there and another hr to ride back home.
Not counting having to do it in the dark with
no lights.

Not counting the fact that some people take
their own work tools to work and cannot fit
all their tools in a basket on a bicycle.
If people can't afford to drive, then they can't
afford to work either.

Seems you misunderstood me, I was joking.

(I thought cause of the 30 mile drive that people would already understand.)
edit on 6-3-2011 by binomialtheorem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This is all about deflection so no one, especially the MSM, will not look at what is really going on to the East. I mean, remember it was just weeks ago Egypt fell? There is insanity throughout the Middle East right now so lets use all the footage from Libya and make is news. Anyone on here know about the Ivory Coast right now and women being killed while peacefully protesting? No, because it is not what the world stage wants you to see. They want to blame the rise in gas prices for this because they do not have the balls to stand up to the oil companies who are raping us at the pump, at the stores since their will be a rise in consumer pricing also.

The scary fact is that the US has not said anything based on the fact that there are innocent people being killed by the leader of a country and the cards are falling. Leave now? that is the POTUS response. If we and the rest of the world do not move soon, North africa and a large majority of the Middle east could become Mogadishu in a few months. Lawlessness, not true organized government and Shia/Sunni fighting becoming rampant.

Qaddaffi was responsible for Lockerbie...then a little while ago he made nice...this is his payback for that. Allowing his country to fall so the pieces can be moved in the area.

As much as I say kill him, it did not change Iraq. I would think strategic air strikes by the US to remove his air support,key armor locations and military bases and let it play out on the ground. Eventually become a staging area like Iraq and Afghanistan.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The MOAB (largets non-nuclear) bomb has a blast radius of 300 yards. I find it doubtful we would sell them to Lybia, but who knows...
edit on 6-3-2011 by Fiberx because: Corrected radius

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by aarys

Cool down, folks.

it was just a russian ATBIP delivered by a cargo plane. The most powerful conventional bomb ever.

No radiation signature on site.

MSM will buy the history of a tactical nuke to justify OTAN intervention.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I don't know if we are talking about the same incident but I've got a link to an article from the LA Times talking about a similar explosion. Here we go.

latimesblogs.latimes.com/babylonbeyond/2011/03/libya-toll-in-rajmeh-arms-depot-explosions-near-benghazi-may-be-as-high-as-100-.html
edit on 6-3-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

Dont think conventional explosives can do that?

Just Google

Halifax december 1917

Texas City April 1947

Bombay (Mumbai) April 1944

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Examples of EOD blowing up munitions. Warning for military language, parental guidance is suggested.

Prepare to be awed.

edit on 6/3/11 by MikeboydUS because: o

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join