It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't stop playing Halo! What's Your Gaming Addiction?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Being an avid gamer since that wonderous Xmas morning when I received my Atari 2600, I have never been so addicted to a game as I currently am with Halo. Well there was that time in college with the first Zelda

I've always been an RPG, puzzle, & racing game kinda girl and never tried a FPS. I'd heard so much talk about COD I borrowed it from my cousin. After 10 minutes, I had a terrible headache and my review of the game was "Meh." An xbox friend convinced me to try Halo and I did like the sound of a Sci-Fi aspect so I gave it a try. That was three weeks ago and I'm already a Commander Grade 3 LOL!! I still totally suck but I can not stop playing this game.

In addition I've bought a T-Shirt, the soundtrack (it rocks!), strategy guide, a novel, console skin, signed up for Bungie Pro, and purchased a Lego figurine set. Considering spending a rediculous amount of $45 for a flaming helmet - as if I need another target on my head.

I have no idea what has made me so addicted to this game. I didn't even play FallOut this much. Maybe it's the daily challenges or how in depth game is with making videos, pictures and the countless variations of gameplay available. Honestly, for me, it's also how absolutely terrible I am at this game and I love a good challenge.

All I know is the dishes are stacking up, my hair is sticking straight up and the family knows to refer to me as 'Noble 6' to get my attention. I run around the house saying "Mythic ON"
I'm female & an ancient relic at that (hence the Atari reference) and apparently this is unusual in the FPS realm. This type of addiction is exactly why I never started playing WoW.

Summer is coming and I'm sure this addiction will pass. I don't need an intervention, I can stop whenever I want. Maybe.
What game captured your attention and dug it's electronic claws into your brain?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I wouldn't say I am addicted to any game. I don't even own a gaming console.

But....

The one game I keep going back to year after year is Nethack. The old rouge-like game that for me never gets old and is different each time I play it.

One of the best games ever!!

Nethack.org

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

I love halo always have since the first halo C/E was released and have bought and finished every title since and i agree it is very addictive, although the last few weeks i stopped playing reach ( i got to field marshal, nearly half way to hero ) and started playing oblivion and fallout again.
Games in general are addictive, and there made to be that way : )

Peace

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

edit on 2-3-2011 by johngtr because: double post

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I'm hardly addicted, but my time waster of choice is minecraft, possibly the best indie game out there and one of the most addicting I've ever seen.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
NHL Hockey, and Call of Duty Black ops!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
battlefield bad company 2

cant wait for battlefield 3

but im not rly addicted...last time i was addicted is years ago..

game called UFO - xcom enemy unknown on PS1 ..i played that for ages and on and on..
edit on 2-3-2011 by angrydog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Anything by Bethseda Softworks. More specifically, Oblivion and the Fallout series'

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

I watched the first part of the trailer this morning, whoa daddy that's gonna be a good one.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I'm a Fallout (all of them) and Battlefield BC2 fan
(I wouldn't really call it an addiction though)

Oh! Also Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield and Athena's Sword.

I've complete all of these multiple times.
edit on 2-3-2011 by AeonStorm because: oops + added

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Wow 30 years of console gaming and the best game to come from it is Halo???? Sorry to hear that.....

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I Love Black Ops!!! Way too much!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by angrydog

I watched the first part of the trailer this morning, whoa daddy that's gonna be a good one.

hell yes...looks very realistic...im afraid i need a new gfx card for that ^^

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

You Sir are Trolling, im sorry to say that : )
2nd line

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I used to like games a lot in my late 20's and 30's, especially racing games and flight sims.

Then 3 years ago a friend showed me a Simulation used by Formula 1 teams and even our homegrown Aussie V8 Supercar drivers. I gave my games away and paid out the A$50 needed to pay for the download of the simulation, after which everything else was free.. all the circuits and mods you could ever want.

Over the 3 years I saved and built a Sim computer, a basic cockpit with 3 pedals, stick shift and LCD screen. Did some modifications to the pedals, because Logitrash makes rubbish, and now they feel like a real car. With RealFeel installed the Force Feedback is brilliant.

3 years ago I also joined an Aussie Sim race club that races online, which led me to other communities and eventually to learn that this Sim is huge globally!! In that time I've won different events, earned podiums in championship series and earned real trophies, caps and shirts and made some very strong friendships.. not just in the virtual world but also in real life.

The sim keeps me away from Pubs, keeps me off the street, and, it keeps me Creative as I "paint" many "cars" for other competitors and as freely available on RFC.

Oh, the name of this inexpensive and enjoyable Simulation? It's called rFactor

Yeah... I'm addicted

My free paintjobs

My test videos

My race community

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Long Time Old School Gamer Here!

If you love Sci-Fi games; then there's no going past 'Mass Effect 2' for XBox 360. I personally found it far more immersive than any version of Halo. I highly recommend it Whisper67!

IRM

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

Yup I must be trolling because everybody knows Halo is the best game to have ever come out in the history of gaming.....

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

bah, both half life 2 and halo are awesome fps games.
world of warcraft is on other hand best mmorpg out there
, ah, good old times. I miss them

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

i never said it was you just obviously have a problem with Consoles.
No offence was aimed at you by the way but it was a "troll" (for want of a better word) comment. i could list a lot of console games i believe are better than halo old and new. But the topic wasnt what is the best game, it was what games were/are you addicted to, there is a difference

Peace

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

I am a console gamer so I'm not taking jabs at consoles at all..... The topic is still the same what is the difference between the best game and one you were most addicted to? Obviously you wouldn't be addicted to a game that you hated right?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join