It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kundalini Cobra Awakening: Ancient, Mystical, Forbidden Knowledge!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Most people in this thread don't have to worry about raising kundalini because most people in this thread will not do what is necessary to raise kundalini. They will mess around with it a little, increase their energy a little and have some tingly or euphoric feelings and will be satisfied. And that's a good thing.

Some people, on the other hand will work more seriously at it and will be fascinated with it and will pursue it in an undisciplined way, without preparing themselves intellectually and emotionally. They will probably not raise kundalini either, but they may increase the energy level in their mind/body to a marked degree. Everything they did as a normal, undisciplined person will be done with more energy. Everything good and everything bad. That can become a problem. People reading this thread might have noticed that some posters are very energetic and abusive in their advocacy for the raising of kundalini.

With good luck, these sorts of people may get by without doing serious damage to themselves or others. With bad luck, they may get themselves and others into big trouble.

Some people may have the discipline necessary to do what is necessary to raise kundalini for real. These people, if they have not laid a proper groundwork are courting serious problems. There are many variables here, so it is difficult to generalize, but in a worst case scenario a bolt of energy that seems to have the power of a howitzer shell could go shooting up your spine and do serious damage to nerves in your brain.

It is very important to prepare mentally for a phenomenon like that, in order to survive it, physically whole.

Remember, in the brain, mental and physical are, for our purposes, the same thing. When one talks about raising kundalini without careful mental preparation, it is almost criminally irresponsible, as far as I am concerned.

I hope I don't come across as a worry wart or a killjoy. I started doing serious Hatha Yoga in 1972, without laying the proper groundwork. I know what I am talking about.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I've read a few of the posts you've made in this thread and can't find a single point in which I actually agree with you. You are entitled to your own opinion and when you voice an opinion I'll listen.

However, you go on about everything as a fact. You dismiss the fact that there could be sexual/spiritual energies that humans can tap into and give what you view as a "logical and highly analyzed fact".

You mention that you've taken part in several religions and by all means, that's perfectly fine. Just as long as you have faith in what YOU believe in.

This thread wasn't about religion so much as it was about meditation and self awakening. If you don't believe in any of this then that's fine but the fact that you take the time to bring everyone down and distract the topic is completely insulting.

It seems like your overall view on humanity as a whole is pretty unenthusiastic and pretentious. You can continue to waste time tarnishing people's viewpoints with negative remarks or you can move along and let us discuss what the topic was namely about.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Yeah, I was reading a lot about Kundalini preparation and read about serious injuries and ailments that befell the untrained students that haphazardly awakened it.

I am completely ok with taking this task slowly and carefully, at least that will insure my mental well being. The last thing I need to happen is a spinal cord or brain injury from meditating too hard.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CordDragonzord

The major problem that people don't take into consideration is that normally, a highly disciplined and practiced yogi will be in an absorption state when raising kundalini. Normal undisciplined people are not trained in meditation to the extent that they are capable of achieving an absorption state that would be conducive to raising kundalini.

They can do physical exercises however, asanas, bandas and pranayama that will cause the arousal of kundalini energy. Under proper supervision this sort of activity would lead to meditation and training in achieving absorption states.

The fact is though, that there is one absorption state that all of us reach every day, sleep.

That's where the problem started for me. During the day I was "messing around" in a serious disciplined way with the physical inducements to the raising of kundalini while totally ignoring the real mental preparation necessary.

During sleep I entered an absorption state that paved the way for what I had set up with physical exercise, the raising of kundalini. Without going into a lot of detail let me just say that it took many, many years to solve the problems that resulted.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Millions of people worldwide do hatha yoga. You must be one of the rare ones who felt damaged by it.

People in this thread being abusive in energetically promoting kundalini? Who was it you had in mind?

Also, please note that I have directed people to study and be informed before and during embarking on this journey, recommended specific books, and hatha yoga. I believe that my recommendations are responsible and safe, and based on my personal experience since 1975.

edit on 4-3-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Study on yoga practice in the US

"The 2008 study indicates that 6.9% of U.S. adults, or 15.8 million people, practice yoga. (In the previous study, that number was 16.5 million). Of current non-practitioners, nearly 8%, or 18.3 million Americans, say they are very or extremely interested in yoga, triple the number from the 2004 study. And 4.1% of non-practitioners, or about 9.4 million people, say they will definitely try yoga within the next year."
"71.4% are college educated; 27% have postgraduate degrees."
source:www.yogajournal.com...

As a matter of record, I attended both the Kumbhamela at Meadowland and the Mahakumbhamela Millenium festival in Allehabad, India and was initiated into Kriya yoga by Jagadguru Ramanandacharya pictured in this page omkriyayog.com...

I say this only because I sense there is a certain challenge on the credibility of posters here. I'm sorry but although I have been to ashram, I do not believe one has to be immersed in some out of the way lifestyle to be a modern yogi. One just needs to have a little common sense.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
And over 50,000,000 people daily eat fast food products in the U.S. alone. Let me ask you, does this mean that it is healthy to consume? Quantity means nothing when it's about spiritual or esoteric practice. I agree with ipsedixit regarding the expectations and unawareness of people about Kundalini.

Source: ezinearticles.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I have a friend who is huge on '___' and other psychedelics and after tripping pretty hard and doing some minor Kundalini meditations he experienced a slight tingling in his groin followed by a full on erection.

Having read a lot of esoteric books and ancient shaman scriptures in the past he remembered that he had read that some of the native peoples would drink their own urine and that would in turn activate their full sexual power of Kundilini energy. In fact, not only would it awaken the serpent or sexual energy it would also turn the wielder's penis "gold".

So having that knowledge he decided that he was going to try this method and after going on with the "process" he admitted to me that his penis had turned "gold" due to drinking his own urine and practicing an ancient Kundalini meditation.

I, to this day have yet to find anything closely relating these two things together and was wondering if anyone has heard of such an experience or might have tried this themselves.

If not it's ok, this seemed pretty goofy as well but apparently happened to him, lol.
edit on 4-3-2011 by CordDragonzord because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Pampamz

I knew someone would have a smug response like that.

I participated in this parade at the Mahakumbhamela. In the video you can see that people are standing behind the barricades. I was actually in one of the rings of people walking with the parade. It was one of the truly most amazing experiences of my life. That was a little dangerous though, because there were all the Brahmins and around the cars, rings of people all walking down this little dirt road, and the rings would sort of start to get too close. So the men in our group formed a ring around the ladies and children to protect them from being crushed by the crowd.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Pampamz

So you post an ezine article as your reference? That was a huge effort at research. By the way, I checked out your link, and it just had ads for starting laundromat businesses.

Oh and thanks for the drive-by

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Dragon, it is true that some ayurvedic practices have the urine thing as remedy. I personally find it a bit gross. And I definitely do not recommend '___' either. If someone does '___' then practices yoga and kundalini, do not blame the problems on yoga. '___' and pot are both hallucinogenic. Other drugs have serious side effects and indications. Anyone who is on potent medications should definitely get medical advice.
Also anyone doing this for any reason other than genuine spiritual attainment is playing with fire. One should definitely approach this with reverence for the Creator and the life force of Creation.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Thanks for the info, he and I are both on the same path but it seems like he is more along the lines of immediate gratification as far as meditation goes as to where I haven't ever done drugs and I basically just use my will power.

It's crazy to think though that drinking urine would help in spiritual attainment. It seems kind of primitive along the lines of a path away from enlightenment and more towards a path of self indulgence.

He's always been fixated on the sexual nature of meditation and the Kundalini as to where I'm not that focused on it, but that's probably why he was able to awaken it and I wasn't.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Oh I know, and I agree. I posted the one vid from the festival parade, but did not post part 2 which I found also, because it showed some of the Sadhus nude and covering themselves with ash. It sounds very bizarre to Westerners, but they are devotees of Lord Shiva, and such practices are part of their sect. I found them a bit scary, as I encountered a few while I was there.
I would post more of my experience but it's not for this forum.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
As it is bizarre to westerners, I think it's starting to pick up momentum here in the states and abroad. I guess the big blanket of illusion our western governments has placed over our minds has finally started to rise and we are starting to think and act as one loving accepting culture....for the most part.

Like all energy, you have to be open to it to allow it inside you and to allow it to work it's wonders. If you are closed minded and thrive on negativity and materialistic satisfaction, you'll never reach enlightenment or happiness.

While awakening the Kundalini snake seems awesome and a vital transformational tool, I'll be taking that road slowly and surely. Right now I'm trying to align my chakras and gain enough wisdom about life as I can before I take on this enormous and very complex task.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

This is because all energy is the same. There is no grouping of different kinds or different affects. There is no observable difference between energy. It is very possible that you as a human with a brain can make your brain focus on different things, ie, sexual gratification, and indeed generate it yourself. It is indeed possible for you as a human with a brain under your control to program that brain to do a wide variety of things. This included making the signal for pain be redirected to something else, or the signal for stress to be disconnected, or the signal for fear to be located to joy. All of the above I have done. but there is no mystical element here. No super special powers nor energies. Your brain is a machine. You are just taking one wire and putting it to something else.

I indeed believe meditation is good and useful and the spiritual side of me believes it can lead to learning things. however, the presence of meditation in multiple cultures, each with incredibly contradicting beliefs, leads me to believe that it is not universal what you are learning from it. It is that from which is in your own mind,

It is not ok if you just believe something, as belief and faith in and of itself is indifferent to insanity. There must be a logical basis to it. Or at the least some cause for it.

The topic at hand was this so called awakening stuff. But the lack of universal essence to it has lead to division as to its meaning. Once must point out the incredible flaw that if in fact this "forbidden knowledge" is true, it would have to be universal. Instead we see contrasting reports and confusion, lead by half truths and ignorance. There therefore can be no other direction but to debate about these things, to get to the core of if there really is a universal essence to it. While incredibly pessimistic and skeptical, I certainly would like to hear and discuss claims. I want to see proof however, not mindless jargon about what people think is true because they "feel" it is. If in fact by doing all the methods you all do I get different results, then there is no universal truth. There is no right way. There is no morality, there is no constant. And without a constant, there can be no truth.

Now, this is the way the world works. You say something, and you must prove it. Failure to do so, and more importantly, complain that you won't believe without proof; that the only possible answer is that there is something wrong with you, is not thing short of lazy and ignorant. And in fact, removes and basis for truth for the entire discussion on your part.

In ergo, agree or not, but be supportive in your own beliefs to at least say how I am wrong, rather than run off, say you're just wrong, and dismiss and reason to say otherwise.
edit on 4-3-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
Try the Binuaral Beats. I remember en training the theta frequencies... and everytime I fell alseep I would wake up in sleep paralysis... and one time I left my body.. weird experience. I started to train my delta frequencies because it was so bad I wasn't getting any sleep.

I was using something similar several years ago, every time I used those beats weird stuff happened. Your experiences are very similar to mine - I had sleep paralysis, including one really bizzarre occasion where I opened my eyes and couldn't move my body from the chair, but could see out of the window and watched clouds rushing by as if on a speeded up video, the experience got more intense each time I opened and shut my eyes, I thought I was walking around the house, had some strange conversations with the people who lived there(although they weren't "right") , at one stage a monk wearing orange robes was talking to me. Anyway, when I came back to myself I was so convinced all of what I'd experienced had happened that I asked the people in the house if I'd been downstairs talking to them. Very odd, very strange time in my life..

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

The thing is, I don't feel that I'm wrong and I refuse to admit that I'm wrong because I do indeed see things differently than you. You see things as one beige incidence and that's probably why you have such a negative attitude about this.

I didn't come into this thread ready to debate, I came into this thread ready to share experiences and learn and learning isn't imposing one's beliefs onto another. I too, am highly analytical in some respect and look at things logically but I am also spiritual, I used to never be, I used to be just like you. I never gave a sh*t about anyone but myself, I was arrogant, my ego was the size of the sun, and most importantly I was depressed.

I finally found something that made sense to me, something that really gave me a reason to wake up in the morning, a reason to share the things I've learned with others. So let's say that you are indeed right about us being nothing but a bunch of biological computers walking around and what we perceive as a divine experience is nothing more than our brains firing off synapsis, what then? Is that it?

A lot of things can't be explained fully and I think it's incredibly ignorant of you to claim you know more than me or that you know what's right and I don't.

That's why I will never say that I was wrong. (I'm not saying your views are wrong either)

I've felt things that were real to me and others on this board that have opened up have felt things and had experiences that you'll probably never have, due to your closed mindedness and ego. I really hope you still you're tongue sometime and actually look at things from another point of view because, I've been in the same disposition you are in and I'm glad that I left that way of thinking behind.

No hard feelings but I refuse to engage in this useless banter. I hope we can agree on something sooner or later, until than, it was nice chatting with you.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CordDragonzord

Yeah, I was reading a lot about Kundalini preparation and read about serious injuries and ailments that befell the untrained students that haphazardly awakened it.

I am completely ok with taking this task slowly and carefully, at least that will insure my mental well being. The last thing I need to happen is a spinal cord or brain injury from meditating too hard.

Lol I just figured out what you said... haha maybe I should post those pics of ash laden Sadhus just for the shock factor!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Dragon, it is true that some ayurvedic practices have the urine thing as remedy. I personally find it a bit gross. And I definitely do not recommend '___' either. If someone does '___' then practices yoga and kundalini, do not blame the problems on yoga. '___' and pot are both hallucinogenic. Other drugs have serious side effects and indications. Anyone who is on potent medications should definitely get medical advice.
Also anyone doing this for any reason other than genuine spiritual attainment is playing with fire. One should definitely approach this with reverence for the Creator and the life force of Creation.

i'm not sure how someone who knows about it, and is so much more acquainted with the practice could possibly find it gross at all. what is gross about it exactly? urine is pretty much pure gold. it's all the minerals your body can't use at the moment, and will lose too much energy by storing rather than expelling. so when you drink your urine, you recieve these minerals back instantly and surely. urine is sterile. perfectly safe and consumable, and very healthy, and good for the complexion (urea is in almost all skin products). i've read that you never partake of the head, or tail of the snake, however, and only drink the bulk of the middle of your excretion, not what first comes out, and not what's left at the end. sometimes when i shower, i will urinate into my hands and wash my face with it, and pat it into my skin, and rinse off. it really does help your complexion. i wouldn't quite recommend drinking or using your own urine until you've had some proper detoxes or cleanses however.

also i really don't trust your tone or most of the things you decide to say in this thread. getting bad vibes from you.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Yes, that is it. However depressing it may sound, the laws of the universe and what governs them do not change to cure your depression, you must change to adapt your depression to it. As I said, I just took whatever was causing depression, and turned it off. Takes years to learn how to do that, but it's just off now. Perhaps that's from my spirituality, but I have always found it pleasing to think that I would just end and be no more. However, I recognize that, too,m is a purely homo-centric view, based off what I would desire from that standpoint.

One experience I mentioned was a mediative experience whereby I had removed from me all physical things. All flesh. I had no input. What a terrible experience. To feel dead. Did I feel that I was connected to some greater mind? No. Did I see or feel anything? No, not at first. I was, for all accords, in hell. Complete removal from the presence of anything. No sight, smell, feeling, nor anything. Just thought. And it was here that I realized that we are but dust, nothing special. We come, we do, we end. The soul can end if God wills it, and its existence nullified. There is no immortality but by what is allocated by God's will. And in that nothingness of nonexistence where only the self's thoughts are, in terrible fear, I cried out for help to God. And from there appeared a light that was not light, and it said not with voice but with thought "I am that I am, you are who you are, we all are who we all are". It then preceded to explode. and reveal to myself my own existence once more. Sight returned, feeling, hearing, etc etc. I was full. I awoke roughly 2 feet above my bed, falling down. I can only hope it is from shocking myself into the air while dreaming.

A lot of things will always be unexplained. But they are always being explained. Without any prior necessary need for things to be magical, I fail to see the need for things to suddenly start being magical. No precedence, no cause. No cause, no need.

I never claimed to know more than you, but it is quite obvious I know a great deal more than you on this topic in particular. This does not make me better than you, for all humans have the same ptoential, and potential is really what matters in the end. That said, considering that morals do not exist and that things are for the most part either yes or no, then yes, I will claim to be right.

I have experienced things. I've described them here and made topics about them here. but I have never seen any undeniable proof that these were nothing more than fabrications of my own mind. no proof, no claim to them being right.

What you are describing is known as postmodernism, and it is a miserable failure of belief systems and cultures that has lead us to the ruin that is the last generation. This is why starting in the 90s people abandoned it and began returning to the core of modernism. Tis better to make your yeses yes and your noes no that anything being possible and nothing mattering in the end. Post modernism at its worst created "generation meh" and at its best created a don on a white page and called itself art. It's useless, and has lead to total stagnation on civilization and society. be something or be nothing. Don't try to be everything and call it something.

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join