It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In less than 90 days, you will be "REQUIRED" by Federal Law to carry a "National ID" card.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Using technology to enslave us has been a running theme.
It can ALWAYS be defeated.
Everytime!

But I'm sure the masses will just gobble it up as they so predictably do everytime
someone proposes to enslave us further.

USA USA USA USA!

Can we stop this bill from passing? I can't stand the way they enslave us with technology anymore. As it is, I barely get on my computer. I refuse to comply with their demands. They can't force me to carry a tracking device. After all, we are all human. Alas, the masses do seem to gobble it up, well said.

And what will happen if I don't comply?
edit on 1-3-2011 by flutterbye309 because: random thought added

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mobocracy

I first hear about Veri-Chip about three years ago and studied the technology behind it. I even went as far as buying a rfid expierimentation kit with a reader and a book of things you can do with it. It is pretty amazing, if I can get that much tech for $99 imagine what the govt can do with unlimited funds. Most barcode systems are being switched over to rfid for convience and for easier tracking of what the consumers actually buy. Many dogs have already been implanted with chips that vets can scan when the dog is lost or found etc.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Trying to force all Americans to carry chips that track their every movement would probably just take some part of Washington D.C. one step closer to being the next Tahrir Square.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Hitoshura

God, I hope you're right!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Nothing a high-powered magnet can't fix.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by donkeystyle

No, that is foolish. Throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

We only need to force the government to obey the Constitution.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
UPDATE: From intelhubradio.com

In what could only be described as a Masterpiece in Incrementalism, the long awaited Real ID System is now mandating that states be in compliance by May 11, 2011.

theintelhubradio.com... y-state-compliance-by-may-11-2011/

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
Is there any word on who is getting the contract to make these things, CHINA? Can they even make 300 million of these in 90 days?

They are already made. I got one for me and the relatives I take care of.
Long story......
I've been saying it was coming but of course, who listens to reason as long as people still need spokes models to tell them what they need to know. Not that it matters because IMO, this was too short notice, deliberately done so people can not get their ID's in time for something.
Go to your passport office today guys or get chipped tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byteman
reply to post by donkeystyle

No, that is foolish. Throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

We only need to force the government to obey the Constitution.

People like this are already on board for the collapse of the US and are in favor for NWO AMERO! You will not be able to tell them anything until they experience for themselves the same things that the Germans did during Nazi times. It is very obvious they want it more than they want the US.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zezima
Wait, so does this mean come May 11, we will be required to get this? Or will it be given out when your license expires?

Don't be surprised if you are paying for both the 10 yr Nat ID and your 4 yr driver's licence. Do you think the local municipalities are going to give up their income to NWO? Doubt it.

BTW, when I got mine, they did not require me to surrender my driver's licence. I have no idea if this will be the norm in the future or not.

Oh and a funny thing: I got it in a week because my family was going on a cruise to the East Bahamas and we were called by the cruise line and they told us that it would be best if we got the Nat ID or passport, eventhough it was not a requirement for boarding/docking at ports, as a 'just in case' security.
Now I know what they meant. If this change would have happened during the cruise, it would have made it hard to return to the US.
Also some of those articles say this has been in effect since 2005 so they have the cards. I think the closeness of deadline is to put a lot of people in jail. Why? Well, before you saw it here, where did you last see it? I haven't heard a peep since 2005 and now this?
Who wants to bet that there is about to be a flood of people jailed because they were watching music videos or playing video games in stead of getting prepared?

edit on 1-3-2011 by DaWhiz because: to add, surrender requirement.....

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Yeah we've had those here available as an option for about a year or so. Supposedly to make it quicker to get across the border. Well that's what they say it's for anyways. It comes with it's very own RFID blocking sleeve, and claims that "The RFID chip does not contain any personally identifying information. "

www.michigan.gov...

I would still get my own RFID blocking wallet though if I had one. Like this.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyStinkyRabbit

Thanks for the info. I'm getting one for everybody.
I don't carry my card, I keep it w/my passport. However, I know people carrying them (they think they are cool?) so I will get this for those rascals. And yes I have both because at the time I thought it strange what the cruise cooridnator said and of course I remembered ATS!
Thanks so much for that RFiD wallet idea.

edit on 1-3-2011 by DaWhiz because: to add

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Deception at it's finest. It's not forced on us yet, it is offered as an option now. As you can see in my post above to bekod. But if it restricts travel most people will opt for it. I myself don't need it so I will hold out as long as I can.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
After reading this thread there are a few things that were discussed that I feel should be put into perspective. These links may not be in the order they were presented (sorry) but important to understanding the implications of this "Project"

For those who brought up boarders:

North American Union
www.youtube.com...

The Amero
www.youtube.com...

The Opening
www.youtube.com...

For those who would like to put it in the microwave:

Non-Metallic Nanotechnology
www.cherry.gatech.edu...