It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the planet was being attacked, would YOU accept genetic modification of yourself to fight enemy?!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Yea i would love to have the upper hand in the battle this kinda reminds me off that movie District 9 where he picks up some crap and sprays him .

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Hell yes I would. It would make me stronger and smarter 10 fold. It morph our bodies into perfect Adonis like porportions with our bones becoming dense carbon fiber to resist crippling damage. Our pain thresholdholds would be through the roof. The greatest part would be, we would have a chance to save humanity and live our eternal lives out as this super human race with super human abilities both physical and mental.
However, I saw a show that has me ready to make a thread. It talked about world war II and how we basically gave german engineers life or death choices. These same engineers worked on all this alternative technology that seemed almost "alien" to us. Projects like the bell and other flying saurcer shaped aircraft with advanced propulsion. I think that is why UFO hotspots are usually around military bases. It is where these guys do all their testing. Some one in the military is brilliantly found a way to disinform us and at the same time perpetuate the money making "conspiracies of avoiding disclosure"

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
As long as the salisbury steak keeps a coming..Im soooo there...

Its almost like tomatoes...

...with a chorus of jingle bells, just to be polite

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Personally I wouldn't want to fight against aliens unless there is a real evidence they are attacking us. Talking about body modification here's what I would hope to one day have:

- Brain chip : A chip with no side effects to multiply the level of intelligence reachable.

- Bionic arms : being more powerfull to do many tasks.

- Bionic legs : can run faster, much more agility, high jumps, etc.

- Bionic eyes : the ability to see in the dark, temperature, through walls, etc.

I would wish these as long as it is stable and no side effects on the body nor any rejection from the body made of flesh.

P.S. : Flesh always posed a certain limit.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perfectenemy
What´s with the odd questions lately? I don´t think we have the ability to create genetic modifications or superpowers of any kind.

Nope. Fortunately the local government can't summon whatever powers it wants to, because some things are only open to those that do things in a certain way. If they had access to anything they wanted, seriously, we'd be absolutely ***ked.

We can still tap our own potential, that's what they fear, that's why they pummel us with so much mind dumbing crap.

Please, have faith in yourself. It could make a difference you can't even hope to imagine right now.

And yeah, that means you too skeptics. I'm not that far from you guys, I'm no blind 'believer.'

Try and focus on what it is that's telling you to sort this problem out. Be patient with it, see what starts to happen. It won't magically come to you all at once. It takes time.

I'm not some douche pretending I have all the answers, just saying because I care about us. I'll stick my neck on the line and look like a freak if that's what has to be done. We'll work this out eventually.
edit on 26-2-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Hey : sometimes you stray into the believers camp to see what it feels like, to see what happens, and sometimes you stray into the skeptics camp for the same reasons. Don't close your minds off.

Who are you without the mask? That's the only question I have for any of you, and nope, I don't expect you to answer. Just try and think about it.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I would totally do it if those abilities were like Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen, or Wolverine... Probably might be even worth the short lived pain.. Preferably painless though..

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Unless that modification grows me wings and lets me breadth under water....then other than that, theres aint nothing else that would make me take any injection.

Good try on the focus group Mr. Handler. As if our opinion matters anyway? lol.
Get Your Flu Vaccine! Get your HPV vaccine ladies !

Sheep.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0R10N

I would totally do it if those abilities were like Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen, or Wolverine... Probably might be even worth the short lived pain.. Preferably painless though..

But your mind would be mind-controlled zombie mush, only suitable for following orders. Would it be worth it?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Hell yea, I would love to be smarter, stronger, and faster.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
People : please just be who you're supposed to be. You won't have to wonder about what I said in my previous post or anything that some other nutcase ranted about, because you'll know. I've just had it with this whole charade. I'm 31 years old and have had it with all the crap, because it's just got worse as I've got older. And nope, I don't feel old and frail, anything but. (I don't think for one second that 30 is old, more like coming of age.) Quite the opposite after what's happened to me. We're not Human or Alien, we cannot be defined. That's what they're scared of, the people that totally reject the reality they show us and do our own thing.

And nope, I won't be one of those posters that's waffling on about 'what they know' from here on out. This is what I'm saying now and I'll just go back to other stuff from here on out. Think about it though please.

No matter what country you're from, we're connected in many ways. Don't think outside the box because the box doesn't exist, and it's not all about thought.

Sorry for the ranting, I've never alluded to what I've just said before though, and the thing that I'm thinking of happened over a decade ago. Sorry for going on, it's just hard to describe. I don't believe or disbelieve in Aliens, but I believe in some of the crazy ***t that we're capable of, because I've done some of it myself.

All the best to you guys. This site is pretty unique and I don't want to burn any bridges so I'll do my best to just leave this here. Seriously though : don't be surprised if you find that we're not alone. It's no big thing, we just have to adapt. If I knew for real I'd probably just stay quiet, I'd not expect people to believe me. But that probably won't matter in the years to come.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Modifications are not exactly as wonderful as they are made out to be. I was in a car accident and I have hardware implanted in my face, jaw, legs, hip, and left arm. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't know its there. Metal expands and contracts with the changing of the seasons and causes very painful swelling. I'm only 30 and I have worse arthritis than an 80 year old. Logically speaking, nothing is without a price. Don't accept it unless you absolutely have to.

If you had a bionic eye, you wouldn't be able to go out on a day when temperatures are freezing.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I think we should have stayed uncivilized for a few more millennium, we would of been stronger. Perhaps we evolved to fast, and didn't get to try out any natural defenses like exo-skeletons, or horns... would probably come in handy if and extraterrestrial species was trying to wipe out the indigenous species, so answer is YES

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
OP, the ten million dollar question is what gave you the idea for this unique question? Ok now I am only using my imagination here. But what if man (with alien guidance) could learn to harness the power of lightning without a weapon. Say with mind control creating a virtual lighting rod? Even with no storms in sight? They could take out a whole ship full of evil reptiles in a flash.
Wouldn't this be a more simple route? Obviously the choice of volunteers would require a careful selection process. Otherwise government offices and the homes of evil dictators would be going up in smoke.
I really have to stop watching Speilberg movies.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Haha! Good old alcohol. I don't usually rant like that, sorry! I'm currently paying for my sins with a serious hangover.

edit on 27-2-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitoshura

ahahaha. I thought you were high as ***t.

Thanks for your posts throughout this thread though. Travelling between skeptic and believer and knowing yourself as more than either of those two things is exactly the point of this entire ATS community.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hmm, the ability to phase in and out of this dimension and....to be hung like an clydesdale. Then I would sneek up on those bastards and do a little probing of my own!

Bill

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join