It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 179
<< 176  177  178    180  181  182 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Ummm... did you all see the video in the first post of this thread????????

Japan Ground Cracking Open...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Just an observation regarding that video in correlation to AR. That park, you see whole sections of it moving and the ground water swelling up like driving over an ice road or being on a large boat, sways to the liquid beneath. My correlation is, that looks like what our friends in Ar are feeling but on a bigger land mass, a good section of the region being involved rather than being in just a park, its that whole part of the state. But what I don't get is the park shows distinct edges bouncing off each other and rifts opening on opposite side. If in AR we see the swarms bouncing and churning against each other, then are there cracks and rifts occurring in other places not being reported?

Could someone further this speculation?

ps got my avatar up this am, the print is named The Student. sorry off topic.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
webcache.googleusercontent.com...:xXyEJsycbqAJ:www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc%3FLocation%3DU2%26doc%3DGetTRDoc.pdf%26AD%3DADA238496+ %2Barkansas+tomographic+s+magnma+tudies&cd=163&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

I've read some of the Super Moon thread. But I didn't want to join in late and post stuff that had already been talked about. And I need to remain focused.

But here is something interesting you can look into. You've probably already noticed that the Indonesian Quake happened during the full moon. There are studies linking the moon with the San Andreas. There is a statistical influence on quakes caused by the moon, and the sun when there is a major tide cycle.

Here's my best example. You need to study the two recent major swarms at Yellowstone. Both occured on the new moon at apogee. But you can't just point at one interval of the cycle. Because preceeding the new moon at apogee, we experince a full moon at perigee.

I'll just simply say it's like a pump. You move the lever up and down, but the water doesn't stop when you stop. And it doesn't start with the first pump. You need to prime the well.

The Japanese quake did not start on a full moon, nor a new moon. But that's not when the fault started moving. During the last new moon, world wide quakes began to become active with lots of 6+. You'll see there were quakes a week ago, and everyone forgets the 7.2 a few days ago. We all focus on the "big one". There is no big one. It's a series. It's a large slab of the earth sliding underneath another. And that didn't just start when the 8.8 hit. The fault has been moving for years.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

I don't know if you read this on that thread, but I've been analyzing the correlation between significant earthquakes off Oregon and Japan and the cycle of the moon for a couple days now, going back to when the cluster off Oregon started, and I've been seeing an impressive pattern. Granted, like you said, not all of the quakes line up due to "priming" and aftershocks and whatnot, that can hide any direct relation to the moon's influence, but, where a relation should be found, there is most definitely one to be found. Of course, it's too early yet to say there is a relation, and even earlier to begin predicting because of it, but I will be paying close attention over the next couple days...and especially on the 19th, when the moon is at its perigee and in alignment with the sun and the earth (since it's the Full Moon).

I think it should also be noted that, during the Full Moon, in the timeframe when the sun is overhead at the western side of the Ring of Fire, the moon is over New Madrid.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

my feelings exactly.

I understand I can see you are very busy thanks for the info pointers as-well.

your pump analogy fits perfectly, I feel its the time leading up to and away from perigee that is most important as that is when the tourqe is in motion.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
just noticed this.

the mass die offs in Ark happened and then the Ground started the constant shake we have been observing.

I remember there being a die off of whales or dolphins near japan and one in Aus days before the larger quake and most likely during the smaller constant 5+ quakes they were getting before the largest 8.8
edit on 3/12/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

Whoa! That is frightening! It looks like it's moving with the waves of the ocean. Thanks for posting the link.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I have been reporting along with other members since 9th january in
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

I forgot to mention, the last major swarm, second largest ever recorded, started just hours after a total solar eclipse. A short time after the shadow the moon left the face of the earth, Yellowstone started quivering. Of course the fact that the real action didn't start until the 17th, apogee, confused the geologist at the YVO. They thought the swarm started on the 17th. I had to correct them.

If you want to study the effect of the moon on Yellowstone, then you should read my stuff on the What's going on at Yellowstone,

I know it's a monster thread. But if you search back and find Dec. 28, 2009, you'll find my prediction. And I wrote about the first activity and was telling everyone to watch. They didn't listen. They only tuned in on the 17th when all hell broke loose and they all came running back on the thread to get updated. I drove everyone nuts talking about the moon and the aquifer. All my observations are on the Yellowstone thread.

March 19th will be the full moon. The next day it's spring.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hi everyone,
I've been observing this thread for a while and this is my first time ever posting on ATS.
I live a little ways out of Memphis to the east... and I get updates sent to my phone from the weather channel.. and just recently in the last week or so I've been getting a strange warning from them that I've NEVER ever seen before... RIVER FLOOD WARNING.

Ok this part I'm gonna tell you guys is a dream I had the night during the major quake in Japan... I had no idea of the quake until I woke and checked headlines. But my dream hit me hard during the night and I woke with a sense that this could be a reality and very urgent (when I dream these things there is a weight that does not come with simple night dreams...so it was definitely set apart from simple dreams)
Anywho ... in the dream/night vision I saw the MS River and around the Memphis area and opposite the river there became a MASSIVE mudslide or landslide...these areas were being taken down into the river. The river flooding had softened the land below incredibly and the shaking going on in the area set it sliding. A date also came up in my dream which I am not sure of so I will hold off on the date as to not cause unnecessary panic.

I really wanted to know if this thing can actually happen. I know you guys are very credible in your knowledge of geology. Thanks in advance for any info and for taking the time to hear my concern.

Grace

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by UtahRosebud

Japan Ground Cracking Open...

Sometimes I miss the obvious until I look a second time. This is absolutely relevant. Because at 1:17 of the video, you will see the waves coming through the sidewalk. It's like watch the waves at beach. This is what's happening under Arkansas. This is what's happening in the aquifer. Tidal effects also do this to the ground water just at slower rate. But the rise and falling of the water causes pressure differentials. It's a pump

Think about it. Civilization really took off after we developed pumps. Pumps and plumbing allow civilizations to expand rapidly. Imagine a world without the toliet and tap water.

Once we understood how to make water move at our whim, we truly become modern. The Aquaducts of Rome.

The Fountains of Versallies.

www.youtube.com...

Long ago I realized that water was the most amazing thing on earth. If you want to understand anything about the world, it would be impossible without understanding water. That's why I detest fracking and injection. They are contaminating the water. That's why I'm an enviromentatist, I love water. That's why I'm a fisherman and gardner, both require and understanding of water.

Here's a bunch of pumps.

www.fao.org...

Susan your last link didn't work.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I didn't bookmark it, It came from a military study done here in Ar and had mentioned harmonics in it.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I didn't bookmark it, It came from a military study done here in Ar and had mentioned harmonics in it.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Grace0f4babes

Yes, that could happen. We have a giant list of links and I think I should post it again. In the meantime you can simple search New Madrid Earthquake and find lots of videos and webpages. You may not want to look. Maybe you should instead search for Earthquake Preparedness Information, also in our list.

Any disaster can happen, so just be ready. I think that's why so many Japanese were calm. They were not surprised and did want they were trained to do. So don't focus just on the destruction, focus on your actions.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

YES.. thanks for bringing that up I do remember that and have been following you and that thread every step through this big mystery (cover-up)??

no source needed robin I remember that well and i am sure most everyone here will take your word.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Do you remember my hypothesis for the origin of the moon?
It was not as a result of a collision.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I believe so although the main point of the theory alludes me right now.

I do need more evidence to believe the collision theory, if the moon really did come from a collision, how could it have its own core?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

The moon comes from the earth. That's why it has the same chemical composition. If it were from a collision, it would be different.

I forget his name, but a scientist long ago thought the moon was formed when magma flung off the earth from centrifugal force. I found his name, George Darwin. (oh brother, the other Darwin, hehehe, George Darwin was not Charlie's brother. but he should be more noteworthy, he was on the right track.)

Math has proven him wrong. But he was half-right. The moon came from a volcanic eruption. Maybe several. Water-induced eruptions. Or Mega-Eruptions. Not many believe me but it will be proven right one day.

The collision makes no sense, and isn't standing up to scrutiny and testing.
The math kills Darwin's idea.

Think of it like CME. Coronal Mass Ejection. Except it's earth. Massive volcanoes would eject material out into space far enough away to make Darwin's math work. The volcanoes are like launching a rocket, the material will then be out far enough to make the math work. That's why they discount Darwin. The moon is travelling away from us. So, we can measure back in time to figure out where it started from. Darwin's idea was dismissed when the moon came up short and didn't start on the earth. It started futher away.

I know the collision hypothesis tries to explain this. But I think the whole thing is silly. There's no way two planets collide and one flops over on it's side and hangs around to form the moon. And the age, and etc.

I think I'm off topic. No wait. Moon causes groundwater to move. Moon tiggers faults. Arkansas is experiencing a swarm. I thought I'd better be on topic, I've had a post or two removed.

Current webicorders show very little activity.

edit on 12-3-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks
reply to post by -W1LL

The moon comes from the earth. That's why it has the same chemical composition. If it were from a collision, it would be different.

I forget his name, but a scientist long ago thought the moon was formed when magma flung off the earth from centrifugal force. I found his name, George Darwin. (oh brother, the other Darwin, hehehe, George Darwin was not Charlie's brother. but he should be more noteworthy, he was on the right track.)

Math has proven him wrong. But he was half-right. The moon came from a volcanic eruption. Maybe several. Water-induced eruptions. Or Mega-Eruptions. Not many believe me but it will be proven right one day.

The collision make no sense, and isn't standing up to scrutiny and testing.
The math kills Darwin's idea.

Like of it like CME. Coronal Mass Ejection. Except it's earth. Massive volcanoes would eject material out into space far enough away to make Darwin's math work. The volcanoes are like launching a rocket, the material will then be out far enough to make the math work. That's why they discount Darwin. The moon is travelling away from us. So, we can measure back in time to figure out where it started from. Darwin's idea was dismissed when the moon came up short and didn't start on the earth. It started futher away.

I know the collision hypothesis tries to explain this. But I think the whole thing is silly. There's no way two planet's collide and one flops over on it's side and hangs around to form the moon. And the age, and etc.

You know what's funny? I had this very thought today while I was outside, taking a "break" from this stuff. It occurred to me: what if the moon was created by a massive supervolcanic eruption instead of an impact?
I'm glad I wasn't crazy thinking that. It made sense all of a sudden.

top topics

<< 176  177  178    180  181  182 >>

join