It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mubarak stepping down tonight/transfers power didn't step down/Steps down Feb 11,

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Full quote from Mr Suleiman:

"The 25 January movement has succeeded in making a change in the party of democracy, history has begun. Constitutional decisions have been taken, commissions were formed to implement what the president decided in terms of directives in his 1 February speech. What the president announced today stresses once again his national feeling and his siding with the legitimate demands of the people and his commitment to the many pledges he made in the past. It also proves his awareness of the seriousness of the situation that Egypt is going through. The president had put the supreme interests of the people above everything else."

go back to work and be aware of the dangers around you .. did he just threaten the people?

Unconfirmed Report that army to make a statement..

link   
Cavuto just said it's some kind of Abbott & Costello act, who's on first.

link   
#ING CARL ROVE GET THIS WANNABE HITLER OFF THE SCREEN

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Egypt's VP Suleiman speech highlights,

Egypt's Vice President says dialogue has started and agreed a road map

We have opened the door for dialogue ... am committed to carry on transfer of power according to constitution

'Change Has Already Started'

Suleiman tells Egypt's youth to 'go home, go back to work...don't listen to the satellite TV stations'

link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Someone who dies for their country could be considered a martyr.

link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight
Now they are talking about the protesters being heroes. Hes calling them to go back though. oh no. and hes saying not to listen to satelite stations (al jazeera)

When I heard him say don't listen to the radio or satellite tv, I was floored!!! Talk about wanting to control people's thoughts!

A have no words for how clueless these 'leaders' are!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Ceausescu is trending on twitter.

Will Mubarak meet Ceausescu's fate?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It just takes too much time. Unwanted elements are given way too much time to prepare.

link   

Originally posted by talklikeapirat
Mubarak stepping down tonight...Not!

I hate "not" Jokes, so i think its only appropriate to make one now.

Wether your believe in the power of thought or not, lets send the Egyptians encouragement and strength to keep up the peaceful protests, they're gonna need it.

"Non-violence is a weapon of the strong." Ghandi

That is why they are getting ready to take to violence. They don’t have the strength of the majority, so they take other routs of advancement.

Make one sound like a hundred, make a thousand sound like millions. They know how to use the media to amplify their impact, but they still don’t have the true overwhelming support of the population. So, if all else fails, threaten violence. And that is what they are doing.

edit on 10-2-2011 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

link   
Wow, the VP is slimier than Mubarak even. It's funny how they flail around and say that it's Israel, no the U.S., no..wait, it's Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood, they are grasping at every straw, and now somehow the U.S., Israel, muslim extremists, and KFC are all working together to bring Egypt down...wow.

link   
Just a reminder: The beginning of humanity's last "punctuated evolution" begins in Egypt in 15 minutes. Interesting timing.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I can't imagine these people will just go home. Tienemen square 2? I hope the military sides with their people and helps Egypt survive this.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
What do you guys expect...he can't just step down with no plan.

Do you guys just want him and the VP to wave and say "BYE...the seats open...have fun fighting over it".

Waiting until the Fall IS probably the best course of action at this point.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

Do you guys just want him and the VP to wave and say "BYE...the seats open...have fun fighting over it".

Anything is better than a tyrant dictator. Give the power to the military.... to the people. MAN CAN #ING RULE HIMSELF

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
CNN is painting a very bleak picture right now. Military and gov are one. The people in my opinion should try to take down State TV, it is what is used to create chaos.

link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Has anyone thought to ask them, "What part of get the hell out" do they not understand?

link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

No, the military could easily keep the peace until elections. Egypt, like most nations, can run on autopilot for months without a hitch.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
September is eternity to the Egyptians. They know that they must not give Mubarak anymore time for political maneuvering. I hope that the people remain steadfast and defend their ground.

link   
I know the media was still running the story, but maybe its on purpose.

Now it will be even harder to put the cork back in the bottle so to speak.

link   
reply to post by AndrewJay

Anything is better than a tyrant dictator. Give the power to the military.... to the people. MAN CAN #ING RULE HIMSELF

Funny you say that because according to many people especially on this site that is not possible. But I agree with you, man can rule himself.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join