It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Kaku warning of Huge Meteor in 2036?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I saw the news last night, Fox preview for interview, but the story never came on.
They cut to commercial showing an interview with Michio Kaku regarding a meteor..
Never saw it?
They said it was of "extinction" size and possible take Germany or England sized area off map.
ANY HELP APPRECIATED.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think you mean APOPHIS

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

Figured that as he mentioned 2036...
Cannot find interview anywhere.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I have been hearing about this here and there on Alex Jones, George Noory,
and a few tid bits of information about this on the news...

I also heard an astronomer say that NASA can tell with their telescopes
100 years out if there was a meteor that could hit.
I heard there is nothing big coming this way for 100 years.

Who to believe anymore?

I use to trust Michio Kaku he has a radio show on saturdays.

I'm not for sure what kind of information he is coming up with now to be true...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

this ?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Well the Russians seem to think so too; however, no matter what, it's inevitable that there is a meteor out there somewhere in the perception of time that has Earth's name all over it. It's just a matter of when and it's simply a part of natural celestial occurrences (in a more galactic perception of time). Just take a look a New Mexico...geological indicates that Earth has and will receive more crushing blows in the future. Why worry about it, it is what it is.
P.S Kaku is by far the most intelligent being on earth, so I'd take his word over anyone's.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

No it was a legit interview on Fox News.
Kaku was on and in his own words...
Hope someone can find it.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

What is it with the recent interest in Apophis? I mean after the brief concern in 2004 there hasn't been all too much talk about it. Now all of a sudden it seems like I'm hearing multiple articles, stories, interviews about this NE asteroid. Guess it's just a case of everyone wanting to get in on the action. (albeit late action)

The fact of the matter is we don't know if there will be a collision in 2036, and we wont know until 2029 when we can observe the gravitational effects of the Earth on Apophis as it dips below our communication satellites.

If in 2029, it passes through a small gravitational keyhole (a small region of space about 600m across) then we can safely assume there will be a collision in 2036, the chances of passing through this keyhole in 2029 are incredibly small. Even with a collision being confirmed in 2029 that should give us enough time to do something about before it returns to smack the Earth. Apart from increased technology in the almost two decades we don't really want to do any gravitational tethering on the object for fear we might actually drag it right into that keyhole haha.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The interview aired this morning on FOX

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
So in the span of a month we have Kaku going on the national news warning us about a massive mag 10 EQ, yellowstone erupting, and now the 2036 asteroid?

So if Kaku is really a government shill, has he been instructed to start conditioning the sheep knowing one or all of these catastrophic natural disasters are imminent?

I don't like this at all.
edit on 9-2-2011 by Disconnected Sociopath because: add to post

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly

Who to believe anymore?

I use to trust Michio Kaku he has a radio show on saturdays.

I'm not for sure what kind of information he is coming up with now to be true...

ex US military Michio. All dazzling and smart and fluent in english at first glance. But after hearing him talk about type 1 - type 3 civilizations and calling resisters of a one world gov't terrorists, it became apparent at least to me he is just another presenter of what the tptb want to dispense in terms of knowledge.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Kaku is an alarmist for the sake of monetary gain. He has no foresight on anything related to cataclysms, only speculation. Will massive floods happen? Yes...they always have and always will. Will massive earthquakes happen? Yes...they always have and always will. Will Yellowstone erupt? Yes...it has many times and it will again. Have Asteroids hit Earth? Yes...they always have and always will.

Right now, with all the turmoil in the world, gloom and doom sell and sell big. As a scientist, Kaku should be ashamed of himself for instilling fear in people; alas, he wants to get paid for selling what sells...fear.

There is nothing we can do to stop these type of events from occurring. Furthermore, there is little we can do to prepare for such events.

Too bad the media doesn't try to sell peace and happiness...I suppose what they report is simply a mirror of society.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Here's the link on FoxNews's website:
www.foxnews.com...

Every action has a reaction

By adding weight to Apophis before its first Earthly encounter, its course could be altered enough to gravitationally sling it away from Earth's path for good.

But a lack of good observations, astronomers warn, could turn such proactive deflections into disaster.

"Without such performance margin," the authors said, "the deflection action would instead create an unpredicted outcome or a new hazard."

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Stuffed

Can you provide us with some links to the information you presented?

I am interested in reading more about the subject.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

yeah, it's a shame. people like kaku and neil de grasse were great for getting people of all ages interested in science for the sake of it. but now books, news panels, and this fear crap kaku is doing, dilute the whole thing.

science has sold out.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

This should give you some basic information of Apophis, you can google to find out a bit more.

Here's a good clip to give you a rundown of Apophis.
In this video Neil DeGrasse Tyson gives an entertaining speech about the potential hazard to human life, what we know and don't know about it, and a basic scenario of impact.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Stuffed

Thanks

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
2036 is the 'new' 2012! Don't ya know that? If nothing happens in 2012, expect new books to come out
(entire BOOKS describing how bad 2036 will be)

Personally, I am not worried. I mean, why? If you want to worry, worry about being killed in a car accident, or getting some nasty cancer.. the odds are MUCH higher. But really.. no need to stress out about things... All we can do is live in the moment. Do what we can to make our lives and the ones we love to be the best we can.

If a ELE happens, trust me, all the worrying won't matter a bit...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by paratus
They cut to commercial showing an interview with Michio Kaku regarding a meteor..

It's not a meteor, it's an asteroid.

A meteor is the luminous phenomena we see when meteoroids or asteroids enters our atmosphere.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Just found this post I made this video earlier today

www.youtube.com...
edit on 4-4-2011 by provokedrage because: link not working

top topics

<<   2 >>

join