It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stationary blinking lights in the sky?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I S&F'd because this would be nice to get some answers to. Me and my neighbors have been watching these for awhile now. We have binocs, and there are white, yellow, blue and green lights on some of them. They are very bright. Some are in Orions Belt, period, with several surrounding. I just saw one tonight that was really bright and saw all the colors blinking right before sundown in the east. I live in Oregon about 100 miles west of Bend. Some nights they look really close because they get really bright, but then, it could also be the atmospheric conditions too. But....they are there every night. One really has a yellowish twinkling light to it. The others are a very colorful light display. They do move, we've watched them. Been trying to figure out what, or who it is for a long time.

George Green, in his "Big Picture" video, did mention the "probes", and he said they didn't know who or what they were. He said the same thing I heard in science class, that the twinkling stars are planets. But something told me to look closer, so I got my binocs out, lo and behold, there are lights flashing all around the objects. So I just keep listening and asking questions as to what or who they are. The other day I was listening, or read something, and of course, can't remember. Old timers disease. ha. We all know they do have satellites that they can leave stationary to spy on all of us, and can move them wherever they choose. The one's that can pinpoint a dime on the ground right next to you. So, just putting my knowledge out there as to what I have seen and heard. They are everywhere around here. Especially in the eastern sky. Even just west of me, there are some, and I have seen them move too.
Let's see if we can get some answers.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by d00d557

Yeah I'd love to see if this happens to other people too, then I'd feel less crazy. Good to know someone knows what I'm talking about though. I even tried googling something like this but no dice. That's why this thread caught my attention. What state are you in by the way?

Mexico sir. In the mountains, so a lot higher than sea level. I think this is why I can see so well up here.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by stardust1955

The stationary light I saw flashing was staying right next to Orion's belt, as well.

Now, that is interesting... Wondering if there will be any more input on these...

Also, I'd like to point some things out regarding this flashing light I saw - it can't be a plane, chopper, or a satelite. First, it stayed in one place and didn't move at all. Second, between the flashes (which resembled the flash of a camera) there were no other lights whatsoever. So, that goes against the FAA regulations, so those are easily ruled out. Also, satellites move in the sky, and don't flash every 6-7 seconds, the only thing I can come up with, is a satellite which is in locked orbit around Earth (I don't know if the wording is correct, I mean one that moves along with the rotation of Earth), however, I don't think any satellite has a flashing light source viewable from the ground.

Looking for ideas, possible explanations, or other sightings of these flashing lights.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ch1n1t0

We have learned to distinguish a lot of things. PDX is 100 miles due north of us here. These stay along with Orions Belt and it is like they are hiding with the stars in it and around it. They go along with the constellation. Really strange. I'm sure my neighbor will have more news. She looks at them all the time, she is a star gazer. Her father is the Earth and Science tech at Santa Rosa Junior College and years ago he asked at an astronomers conference what they were, and, he did not get an answer. It is finally a very clear and cold night here, and she will more than likely have more info, got her telescope cleaned and aligned. She has very good vision and through the binocs, she said they are round with a hole in the middle. Can't be sure yet, but I'm sure she is looking tonight.
If this thead disappears, I'll find it and repost tomorrow. I can go out on my porch tonight and see them very clearly, blinking with blue, red and white lights.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I have been watching a stationary set of lights tonight...noticed at 11:35 pm EST
Slightly N of Mt Weather...I'm E of DC...they're still there at 12:49am...
Blue, red , yellow, green, orange...at 1st I thought it might be a laser of some sorts
due to size...I only have binoculars...appears to be star shaped like 2 over lapping triangles...

Ektar

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Is the video so bad? I think you should upload it anyway.

If not, maybe it would better help bring comparisons between other people's sightings.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Well I was just assuming based on past videos I have uploaded. It's not much but it does capture a few blinks. If anything you can at least discern one flash 3/4s of the way through the video. Let me give it a shot and see how it turns up.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by d00d557

I was actually going to do that one night, but we have too many lights in our complex here, and my digital video camera wouldn't pick up on it. Good luck. I may try again, and use my tripod, but go up into the mountains a little ways and find a clearing away from the lights. I just want other people to see them too, same as you.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I just tried to grab a photo or video on my cell phone which
has a good camera but didn't work....

Ektar

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Okay here it is. I had hoped it would capture more blinks. You can get the jist of it though. At exactly :24 you can see the flash.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Thanks for the video...My lights are like a unit and
the pulsing appears to be the lights moving ...it's not flashing...
I'm on a farm & it's a crisp clear night...will have to see if it's there
tomorrow night.

Ektar

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by d00d557

You got it a bit there. I'm going to try to get it through the telescope, maybe tomorrow night, we are suppose to be clear and sunny again tomorrow, so, another clear night and I will be at my neighbors with the scope out. Can't tonight, but let's keep tryin. Or, if there is anyone else out there that has a kick butt video cam that can capture them? Anyway, the guy I was listening to about the stationary spy satellites, said they were the size of a bus. So maybe in the meantime, someone will "know" exactly what or whose they are.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by stardust1955
reply to post by d00d557

You got it a bit there. I'm going to try to get it through the telescope, maybe tomorrow night, we are suppose to be clear and sunny again tomorrow, so, another clear night and I will be at my neighbors with the scope out. Can't tonight, but let's keep tryin. Or, if there is anyone else out there that has a kick butt video cam that can capture them? Anyway, the guy I was listening to about the stationary spy satellites, said they were the size of a bus. So maybe in the meantime, someone will "know" exactly what or whose they are.

Yes we need someone with night vision goggles preferably 3rd generation. I know the US sent a spy satellite up just a few days ago to test out new technologies so I assume it is always an option. However I assumed spy insinuated that the operation is clandestine. A blinking light would be counter productive would it not?
edit on 9-2-2011 by d00d557 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by d00d557

Well, look, most people I've talked to have never noticed them. And, not much reply here. As I was told in science, they said that the twinkling stars were planets, so, if it is still being taught that way, no one will notice much. I just took the initiative to check it out, cause that didn't seem right. Like chemtrails, it is finally getting out there, but they knew no one would pay attention by "looking up". Most people are too busy with their lives to even pay attention. And that was just a comment in trying to find out what they are and the stuff I have heard and trying to put 2 and 2 together. And, they seem to stay in the area of the constellations, or along the lines of it. Anyway, think ya get my point.
If I get anything tomorrow night, I will U2U you, and post this again. I have even asked Bill Ryan after the dang Charles material.
And he always emails me back, usually immediately, haven't heard a word from him. Really unusual.
But, oh well. I'm always watching them when I get a chance. It rains here most of the winter, but we are getting a lucky week.
Nice.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

Hey, we see these every night that we have a clear sky (in which is rare this time of year here). Doesn't matter, any time we can see, they are always there. Really bright and colorful and they stay there, sometimes they move back and then come forward again. As I told the OP, will try to get them on my digital cam. Go up the mountain with no light pollution and set it on my tripod to steady it, and just see what I can do. Everyone else that can, should try too. That would be cool. Yes, it is strange. They are not satellites, I know the difference, and I know most people do.
But....who knows. George Green said they are probes of some sort.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I saw the same thing just tonight! I went outside for a smoke break and I looked up and saw what looked like a star, It did not move.

I thought it may be a sat or just a regular star but these seemed different. I think I saw three of them forming a verticle line. Then it would disappear for a while, then it would come back again. at first there was only one bright light. the other two would appear out of nowhere. I felt like I was supposed to look there at that very moment. Like they were calling at me.

Its strange also, every night I go and look at the same region in the sky and nothing is ever there but tonight I saw something.

Just now I went to go check it out, but its gone now..but I did hear drunks down the street.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I saw one the other night while standing on my front porch. Red and green lights, completely stationary. It stayed put for about 45 seconds to a minute, then I saw 2 planes heading toward it at a pretty fast clip. At that point, a car came up the road with its brights on. My night was screwed up but when I looked again, it was not visible. The planes were still headed that direction, then altered their course. I don't know what it was, maybe I was seeing a plane traveling away from me. In any case, it was certainly strange, as here in Virginia we have had a few good sightings recently; my favorite was the big triangle in Powhatan.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Edit: my night vision was screwed up

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
this all sounds really similer to the account my friend gave in the thread i posted a few weeks ago here

here's the video if anyone's interested:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by d00d557

THANKS FOR THE VIDEO!

Exactly the same thing that I saw!!! Well, I hope someone can provide any ideas as to what this might be, I'm baffled.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join