It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation; "Thousand Year Kingdom"?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

Originally posted by works4dhs
the current age will continue until the rapture of the saints (imminent) and the seven-year tribulation.

Not all of this is traditional.The "rapture" is a comparatively recent doctrine, and I've had no occasion to mention it in any of these discussions.

at the end of this thousand years / millenium the devil will be released 'for a season' and tempt the world again. he will form a mass army and attack Jerusalem; he and his army will be zapped, making way for final judgment, new heaven/earth, and eternity.

But if the reign of "Christ and the saints" has already begun, which would be the Augustinian teaching, then this "release of Satan" could be identified with the forthcoming tribulation. They would be the same thing.

the reign of Christ has NOT begun. Jesus refers to 'the prince of this world'; that has not changed (yet).
the early church believed in the rapture and even feared they'd missed it.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs
the reign of Christ has NOT begun.

He is certainly already Lord- KURIOS
Revelation ch17 v14 says that he IS (not "will be") "King of kings and Lord of lords".
We know that he has "sat down on the right hand" of God, because it says so in places like Hebrews ch1 v3.
Even better, in Ephesians we are told that God "raised [Christ] from the dead and made him sit at his right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion"- Ephesians ch1 vv20-21
And the epistle then goes on to say God has "made us sit" with Christ in the heavenly places- Ephesians ch2 v6
We should note the tense of this- the "being made to sit with Christ" has already happened. We are already there, in the heavenly places.

So there is certainly a sense in which Christ is already reigning with the saints.
The question is whether this is the sense which is meant by Revelation ch20.
Augustine thought so, and I find it plausible.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Now that this series on Revelation is about to be completed, i would like to advise anyone who may be interested that there will, in due course, be an Index thread intended to help people navigate their way around the whole collection.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
He has half a mind to take it as a literal number (which would be a mistake, we now realise, because more than a thousand years has elapsed since Augustine's time).

History tells us that at least part of the population was anticipating an "end of the world" in 1000 A.D.
Obviously anyone who had that expectation must have been following a version of the "Amillennial" theory which took the thousand years as a literal number.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
double post
edit on 7-2-2011 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
the best of the Disraeli series yet... you guys are plowing deep.boys.....that's excellent information, for one person can't catch all that time lines configuring by himself, i love you guys....
do i remember right....there will be no death in that 1000 years?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

No, I promise you I'm only one person. (Just look at the prose style)
But I'm on early retirement, so my time is my own.
Thank you for those comments.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
do i remember right....there will be no death in that 1000 years?

"Whoever lives and believes in me shall never die"- John ch11 v26

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

yep, i'm onboard with ya.....but those other guys were great....the time line is my curiosity....i've been following the time line since 1973...i've waited for 40 years to see this friends - of - israel fall away to the king of the south......egypt and jordan will be taken over by the islamic men, leaving israel all by itself. so, i think the kings of the east are china, the kings of the south are all the way from west africa, to indonesia with only saudi arabia in the middle as a question. russia the king of the north. since we see this happening now, we can be aware what egypt trouble really means. jordan.....jordan next.
how close is the call from the clouds?......imminent.
israel all by itself....oil strike in the news any day i bet, the "hook in their jaws" for russia and iran club

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
btw, i know i post like a hillbilly most of the time....he he, i'm trading forex accounts for others while surfing ats...
i have to be on a fast pace for the trades...and can't afford to slow down while London is setting up a major daily reversal ... London....yes those crafty London boys ( i got their number, though)

sell aud.....sell euro.....buy usd/jpy....buy the crud out of the gbp/jpy
edit on 7-2-2011 by GBP/JPY because: euro....aud/usd call

edit on 7-2-2011 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

When people see the power of Messiah and the evil of the anti-Christ, they will be making choices of which side they are on. The people remaining after the war and evil is removed from the earth will know the Messiah and choose his side. Those who choose the other side will be vanquished.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

Thank you for that comment.
I'll have to refer you to my earlier threads on "The roads to Armageddon" and "Victory and Judgement" for my take on the "final wars" at the end of Revelation.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
There is now an Index, covering all these Revelation threads, at this location;

Index of Revelation threads

This thread is numbered as #40 in the "order of chapters" list and Biblical reference index.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Excellent thread!

OP, Revelation Chapter 17 takes place at a time more in the future then now. Yes once Jesus Christ returns he will be "King of Kings and Lord of Lords" over all the Earth. And he was always born to be that person (Messiah), but currently, in this age before the return, Satan is the prince of the world, by perfect design.

The 1000 year reign begins the day after the return (7th trumpet and 7 vials pured out) which has been revealed by God's Witnesses to be by the end of May 2012.

The reign will last 1000 years exactly, the world and all human beings that survive the next few months will be ruled over by God's Government (Mt. Zion) and that span will serve as the ulimate contrast between this age (the age of selfish Mankind ruling under the influence of Satan) and a world ruled under God's perfect laws.

After the 1000 years have finished, then ALL WHO HAVE EVER LIVED AND DIED on Earth (not already IN the Kingdom of God) are ressurected to life again and then enter into an age of judgement, this is the Great White Thrown Judgement of Revelation. The gift of a second life with complete contrasting proofs that God's way of life (laws) leads to happiness, well being and joy, while the natural carnal mind of Mankind will always lead to sin, death, pain and sufferring.

Only after this perfect plan as is plainly written out in the book of Revelation is complete can God successfully proove to His creation that God's way is best and "my way" (carnal, selfish) is worst for me. And as a result all of God's creation will choose to want God's way of life and repent of theirs, or they will cease to exist (not go to hell and be tormented forever).

That is the plain truth.

God Bless,
edit on 10-2-2012 by ElohimJD because: spelling

edit on 10-2-2012 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD
The 1000 year reign begins the day after the return (7th trumpet and 7 vials pured out) which has been revealed by God's Witnesses to be by the end of May 2012.

I am obliged to reject this date for the completion of the "vials and trumpets", on the grounds that there simply isn't time.

Firstly, these are not just signals that can be assigned to arbitrary dates. They are depicted as catastrophic events, which can be seen all through the latter chapters of Revelation. Those catastrophic events have not started yet.

Secondly, they are to be understood as God's response to a dominating world-regime which brings devastating persecution to the Christian church. This is not happening. The persecuting regime is not yet in place.

The whole of this fulfilment, which hasn't even started yet, is supposed to be completed between now and the end of May? As I said, there just isn't time. Your source is mistaken.
Anyway, we will know for certain within a few weeks.
edit on 10-2-2012 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD
Excellent thread!

OP, Revelation Chapter 17 takes place at a time more in the future then now. Yes once Jesus Christ returns he will be "King of Kings and Lord of Lords" over all the Earth. And he was always born to be that person (Messiah), but currently, in this age before the return, Satan is the prince of the world, by perfect design.

The reign will last 1000 years exactly, the world and all human beings that survive the next few months will be ruled over by God's Government (Mt. Zion) and that span will serve as the ulimate contrast between this age (the age of selfish Mankind ruling under the influence of Satan) and a world ruled under God's perfect laws.

After the 1000 years have finished, then ALL WHO HAVE EVER LIVED AND DIED on Earth (not already IN the Kingdom of God) are ressurected to life again and then enter into an age of judgement, this is the Great White Thrown Judgement of Revelation. The gift of a second life with complete contrasting proofs that God's way of life (laws) leads to happiness, well being and joy, while the natural carnal mind of Mankind will always lead to sin, death, pain and sufferring.

Only after this perfect plan as is plainly written out in the book of Revelation is complete can God successfully proove to His creation that God's way is best and "my way" (carnal, selfish) is worst for me. And as a result all of God's creation will choose to want God's way of life and repent of theirs, or they will cease to exist (not go to hell and be tormented forever).

That is the plain truth.

God Bless,
edit on 10-2-2012 by ElohimJD because: spelling

edit on 10-2-2012 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

We won't know the time of Christ's return, it is something we can not pinpoint and that is stated clearly in the scriptures.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
It's important to believe prophecy, God speaks to every generation.

Sharing an excerpt, part of a message from God the Father about the "Thousand Year Kingdom."

God Speaks Will You Listen

10-23-07

...While it is said, Today if you shall hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in that provocation. For some who heard did provoke: but not all that came out of Egypt by Moses. And with whom was he offended forty years? Was it not with them that sinned, whose carcasses were overthrown in the desert? And to whom did he swear, that they should not enter into his rest: but to them that were incredulous? And we see that they could not enter in, because of unbelief. Let us therefore hasten to enter into that rest: lest any man fall into the same example of unbelief. Hebrews 3:11. My people, notice whom these words are written to. It is not the ungodly and sinner, but my House of Israel or my church. My people, do not let the sin of unbelief prevent you from entering my rest. I created the world in six days. On the seventh day, I rested from the work of creation as Genesis 2:1-3 states. My people, this era of yours is soon coming to an end. The sixth day of creation is finished. The seventh day will be called the era of peace. This is a mystery which has been hidden from mankind for many years. My prophets have described these times to my people. Isaiah 30:26: And the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days: in the day when the Lord shall bind up the wounds of his people, and

shall heal the stroke of their wound. Now read Isaiah 65: 17-25. This is a description of my era of peace. To repeat myself, the seventh day of creation is the fulfillment of the era of peace. Now read Apocalypse 20:1-7. These verses also describe the era of peace. The casting of the man of sin and his followers into the pool of fire, marks the end of the 6th day of creation. At that time, I will renew my creation and the seventh day will begin. This day has been described as lasting 1000 years. Remember what my word states: II Peter 3:8: But of this one thing be not ignorant, my beloved, that one day with the Lord is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The entire era of peace is described as a time period of the seventh day or a thousand years. Only I the Lord God knows the length of the era of peace. During this era of peace, my son Jesus will reign through my Catholic church. This can be called the Eucharistic reign of my son. Do not be confused with the millennial heresy. My son is not going to reign in the flesh in the

temporal City of Jerusalem. This is a heretical teaching. My son is going to reign in his Eucharistic glory in the New Jerusalem, which is my church. My son will only return in the flesh at the end of the era of peace or human history, to judge mankind at the last judgment. Time will not exist during my era of peace, as you understand it. Apocalypse 20:5-6 states: The rest of the dead lived not, till the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection. In these the second death hath no power. But they shall be priests of God and of Christ: and shall reign with him a thousand years. This first resurrection occurs in the era of peace. My saints will be resurrected and receive glorified bodies and walk among my people, teaching and instructing the Catholic faith. This has been described as the temporal kingdom by the Church Fathers. This will be the Promised Land my children of Israel will inherit. My Will will be done on earth as it is in heaven...

www.godspeakswillyoulisten.org...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Just to clarify;
Nothing in the OP is intended to suggest any particular prophetic significance in the year 2012 or the date 21/12/2012

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

My response to the claims made about the year 2012 was that I could see no prophetic significance in the date.
This position seems to have been vindicated.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Great Read and thread OP.

I always wondered myself why...

I feel the people of the Mid East are the persecuted for fighting the beast.

They believe in Jesus, they believe he ascended, they are persecuted for it!!

By the Millions!!
edit on 16-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join