It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do You Know That God Exists?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
artisticexpression.wordpress.com...

1.) Does God really care about us?
2.) Will war and suffering ever end?
3.) What happens to us when we die?
4.) Is there any hope for the dead?
5.) How can I pray and be heard by God
6.) How can I find happiness in life?

Where would you look for answers to these questions? Not too many sources can be trusted upon for answers to these seemingly unanswerable questions. There is, however, one book that contains reliable answers. It is a book of truth. It is the bible.

At least that’s what the Jehova’s Witness evangelists who came to my residence and gave me a booklet (which posed these questions) would like you to believe. There is one question, however, that supercedes every question the bible is said to provide an answer for. That question is this:

- How Do You Know?

How do you know that your God is more probable to exist than any other? If Zeus, Poseidon, Krishna, and the dragon that devoured the moon during total eclipses were at one point all thought to exist, what does that say about your God, who other than having a legion of believers today, has no differing qualities from these prior deities that reassures us of his existence?

How do you know that man was created by a supreme being rather than by natural selection?

How do you know that a sentient overlord who watches over humanity and actively communicates, or intervenes exists at all?

To be privy to such unknowable knowledge, you’ve clearly attained a level of enlightenment far beyond the mental capacity of any mere human.

(If this is a double post, sorry. My browsers, (both FF and Opera) have been having a little trouble posting on this site. Firefox won't even recognize this section and Opera for some reason doesn't want to post)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
i have an even stranger question.

firstly i am not religious but here it is anyway, What if allah is the true god and fundementalists views on the quran are his own interpretations?

anyway back on topic, no one can truely say that any god exists as there could be no proof possible to show his existence. even a god lighting up the skys and shouting at the world would not count as proof as it could be aliens or some crazy technoligically advanced religious fundementalist christians or those from another religion.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
one thing i find hilarious... you may not be able to prove god exists, but can you prove he doesnt? didnt think so...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
How do you know that you exist????

Prove it...
edit on 3-2-2011 by Soldier of God because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WJjeeper

can you prove that their isnt an underwater race of people or even magma people that live in the core of the earth and feed on molten rock. you cant and my question there is about as rational as yours.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WJjeeper
one thing i find hilarious... you may not be able to prove god exists, but can you prove he doesnt? didnt think so...

When it comes to logic you don't have to provide evidence for a negative. You can't prove that unicorns don't exist, so then they must exist, is faulty logic.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

God exists because the Bible says so, and my Pastor told me its true.

Is God willing to prevent evil, but nit able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able, and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?
-Epicurus

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.

When it comes to logic you don't have to provide evidence for a negative. You can't prove that unicorns don't exist, so then they must exist, is faulty logic.

And... You can't prove that unicorns do exist, so then they don't exist, is just as stupid..

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

god was made up thousands of years ago to give the poor disadvantaged and vunerable people of the time some hope that someone somewhere was "looking out for them".today science has proved that this world was not made in seven days, adam and eve never existed,and jesus could not have possibly rose from the dead.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by redfezbudking

god was made up thousands of years ago to give the poor disadvantaged and vunerable people of the time some hope that someone somewhere was "looking out for them".today science has proved that this world was not made in seven days, adam and eve never existed,and jesus could not have possibly rose from the dead.

Wow... I wasn't aware of these findings... got a link???

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

sorry i didnt now u wasnt aware of einstien, hawkins, sagan, and all the other great minds like yourself

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

sorry i didnt now u wasnt aware of einstien, hawkins, sagan, and all the other great minds like yourself

And still you cannot point to anything to substantiate what you wrote...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

1.) Does God really care about us?
2.) Will war and suffering ever end?
3.) What happens to us when we die?
4.) Is there any hope for the dead?
5.) How can I pray and be heard by God
6.) How can I find happiness in life?

1. of course...
2.... Nope (imho)
3. if you learned your lessons you move on, if not you're comming back to the physical world for another go...
4. of course, death is only material/physical death
5. Try listening instead of talking, prayers get you no where...
6. be happy with what you have, you could be in a much worse postion. Strive to better yourself, practice meditation....it will help you understand

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God

We don't need proof that God doesn't exist. You can't ask someone to provide proof of a negative. in that same vein provide proof of the absents of unicorns. God=unicorns.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

And... You can't prove that unicorns do exist, so then they don't exist, is just as stupid..

No, actually, its not. Saying that unicorns don't exist is just as valid as saying that God does not exist. You cannot ask me to prove these statements, because like I said, you cannot prove a negative in the study of logic. If you claim that any fairytale creature exists, like God, then the burden of proof is on YOU. Because extraordinary claims requires extraordinary evidence. If there is a lack of evidence for the existence of x, then claiming that x must not exist is not stupid at all.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
How can anyone say that anything exists when everything is simply energy vibrating at a certain frequency?
We can see it, we can touch it, we can hear it...and so forth - but at the base level there is NOTHING there that remotely resembles what we're trying to prove the existence of.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

And still you cannot point to anything to substantiate what you wrote...

He doesn't have to.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

- How Do You Know?

You just know it. Simple as that.

reply to post by redfezbudking

god was made up thousands of years ago to give the poor disadvantaged and vunerable people of the time some hope that someone somewhere was "looking out for them".

Please, provide some actual historical evidence, for that claim of yours.

today science has proved that this world was not made in seven days, adam and eve never existed and jesus could not have possibly rose from the dead.

Really?? Science is there only to disprove Biblical Scripture??? That must be very special Science.

Peace

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
just to let everyone know, I get my lolz reading all your guys beligerant and fumed posts. funny, I can write two sentences and get a page full of responses (i must be asking the right questions
)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

We don't need proof that God doesn't exist. You can't ask someone to provide proof of a negative. in that same vein provide proof of the absents of unicorns. God=unicorns.

so, do you have an explanation as to why our brains put off 50,000watts of electro-magnetic pulses a minute? do you have an explanation as to why that EMP field disappears as soon as the brain loses all oxygen? i didnt think so, but it is a "scientifically proven" fact. some crazy MD even came up with the idea that is our soul?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join