It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Shoots Handcuffed Suspect In Police Car In The Face

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

I've actually gotten a lot of harassment from cops when I wasn't breaking the law. Don't be fooled by "nice cops" either, they may not be doing anything themselves, but they see others acting poorly and do nothing.

As my uncle once told me "The nicest cop is like the smartest retard, in the end it doesn't really matter."

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

That is one of the best little nuggets of wisdom ever!!!!!
I will always remember that...giggle.....thanks, that just made my day.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hardstepah

We don't know the whole story yet.

I am pretty anti-establishment, and I have had my share of run-ins with the cops, but I have also seen cops raked over the coals for just defending themselves.

Two examples:
1. A retired deputy friend of mine worked as a reserve and he transferred prisoners to court and back. One day he opens the door and the guy grabs onto him and starts trying to get his gun. My buddy slams the door on the prisoner a few times and ends up breaking an arm and a collar bone. Of course the guy sues, and my buddy finds himself in court defending his "excessive force." The suspect admits on the record, in court, that he was trying to get the deputy's gun, and that he probably would have used it against the deputy, but they still find him guilty of excessive force because of the severity of the injuries?

2. A different buddy picks up a suspect in cuffs and shackles from a neighboring precinct. He doesn't do the normal patdown, because she was already in a jumpsuit with cuffs and shackles. As he starts to pull onto an on-ramp, he hears a shot and starts to black out. Apparently she had a makeshift gun in her bra. He gets the car crashed/stopped in the ditch and rolls out of his seat onto the ground and sees her running away. He gets off 2 shots before he blacks out. Good samaritans stop and help him, and turns out he was shot in the back of the head, but the makeshift gun didn't have the oomph to penetrate his skull and he just has a concussion and bad scrape from the bullet. The woman has a bullet wound in the butt-cheek and shoulder. Of course, she sues, and he has to defend himself in court. At least the court found in his favor in this case, but he still had months off of active duty (paid, so not too bad), and he still has the tarnish on his record should anything similar ever happen again.

We have to remember that we don't know the whole story.

What if the cop in the OP was just holding the rifle and the guy grabbed it? What if the cop was poking the guy with the rifle to get him back in the car and the guy grabbed his arm?

Here is the biggest what-if? What-if the guy was talking about how the minute he got out of jail for the misdemeanor battery he was going to kill that woman and her child, and what if the cop decided he was serious and decided to risk his career and his freedom to "accidentally" protect them? I know, that one is a lot stickier, and it has far too many ways that it is wrong, but we weren't there, and it is easy to hate the cop, but for some reason we all love Dexter? Doesn't some little piece of you like seeing a bad guy get what they deserve?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

I've actually gotten a lot of harassment from cops when I wasn't breaking the law. Don't be fooled by "nice cops" either, they may not be doing anything themselves, but they see others acting poorly and do nothing.

As my uncle once told me "The nicest cop is like the smartest retard, in the end it doesn't really matter."

Harrassed how? The guy in the article beat his wife then barricaded himself in the house with his kids. Now I'm no genius but if he didn't do all that the cops wouldn't have been there. I'm not excusing the cop for what he did but it's not like they ran up outta the blue and shot at the guy.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hardstepah

Elk Grove Police are investigating the details behind an officer-involved shooting that injured an already handcuffed suspect in the early morning hours of Sunday. "At this time it does not appear that it was an accidental shooting. We're just not sure what triggered the officer to fire," said Elk Grove Police Spokesman Officer Christopher Trim.

Power Hungry Bacon

yet again, cops think they owe it to you to show they have authority over you. so you better do as they say or things could get dangerous....even if handcuffed in the back seat of a squad car

Thats ok....The US and Europe is on its way to a Cairo situation as well. Just a matter of when. Hopefully we can all stay focused and not turn the hatred on one another and focus it on the powers that be and the body guards (law and mil) that protects their evil doings.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

My dad's a cop (homicide detective), I hope that he never runs in to you or any of your friends. I don't want him to get shot :/

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
...so don't let that lull you into a false sense of believing that this puts extremist views into any kind of majority. ...

Uh, the majority will certainly agree, that being grazed in the face by a bullet is the same, for all intents and purposes, as being shot in the face. Additionally, there's nothing extremist about this view.

The Title says "Cop Shoots Handcuffed Suspect in Police Car In the Face".

Of every word in the title, there's one, apparently up for debate. It seems that you've taken offense to the use of the word "Shoots", and would rather the title read "Cop Grazes Handcuffed Suspect in Police Car In the Face", and I suppose since we changed "Shoots" to "Grazes", we should probably add "...with rifle bullet." just for clarity.

However, since the vast majority of people (you included, be honest with yourself), were they to be grazed in the face by a bullet, would consider themselves "shot in face", then it seems more prudent to leave the title as is.

Look, your hair-splitting on the "sensationalism" of the title and the use of the word "shot" as opposed to "grazed", seems to allude to an ulterior agenda within your post. Almost seems like you have an axe to grind with the OP or something.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I don't know what happened.

But I have come to the realization that there is no such thing as a "Police Force", there are just human beings working to individually attempt to clean up the streets in our cities.

Some of them may be good guys, looking for justice.
Some of them may be bad guys, looking for profits.

This human being may have made a terrible mistake, purposefully or accidentally.

If a crime has been committed, by all means let us hold him accountable for it.
But if it is an accident, perhaps we should look into how it happened. If he is negligent, hold him accountable.

We have to treat each person as a individual separate human being. Because they are.

We cannot blindly hate all people who "represent authority", because that "authority" is a figment of our imaginations.

Perhaps forgiveness and reconciliation are what is needed.
Anger and vengeance seem to only make this situation worse.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Wow ! You seem to berate anyone on this topic, who tries to deduce what happened. What do you think happened, with the info provided in this story, to make an officer with a handcuffed perp in his squad car shoot him with a rifle ? The perp could have been kicking, spitting, swearing ; but what could provoke the cop to shoot him, unless it was an accidental discharge. My "guess" was giving the officer the benefit of the doubt. If the cop shot the perp on purpose under the conditions we know about, he should at least be charged with manslaughter ?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by warequalsmurder
Oh no, not another citizen who interferred with a Cop's God Complex.

Say it isn't so!

Does anyone want to start a betting pool that the officer in question is a Iraq/Afghanistan veteran?

Wow. It didn't take someone who hated america and the american servicemen and women to show up here and start the slander and libel.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
this has been on my local news for a few days now. i am not just making a biased accusation. cops in this area are extremely aggresive and have been known to beat up on cuffed purps. this is me being sick as i too have been maliciously targeted by police here when i have a completely clean record and have never once mouthed off. i am sick of these pigs who think they can treat people however they want.

a man with a god complex and a gun is a dangerous combination, and most cops have both

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
reply to post by Screwed

My dad's a cop (homicide detective), I hope that he never runs in to you or any of your friends. I don't want him to get shot :/

Nice try but.........Let's try and use a little bit of logic if that is possible.
Let's start by showing me where I said ANYTHING indicating that myself or my "friends" would shoot a cop.
then we'll go from there.

tick tock......tick tock.....tick tock........

What you WILL find is me indicating that I have ZERO sympathy for ANY cop that gets shot because the law of averages probably caught up with him and more than likely had it coming to him.

Are there "good cops"???????
Well that all depends on ones definition of "good".
In my crazy little mixed up world a "GOOD COP" not only upholds the Constitution but defends our freedoms and liberties viciously. He not only is above reproach but seeks to weed out corruption within his ranks everywhere he can.
He then files for unemployment because the system is not set up to tolerate troublemakers like said Cop.
There is a thin blue line that a cop dares not cross. If you don't want to be a part of the corruption then you will do well to just keep your mouth shut and look the other way.

Now, as for the pig who SHOT this guy in the face......he will get what karma decides to dish out to him and I WILL laugh my ass off when I hear about it. If that sounds to you like I am threatening ANYBODY then you are being willfully ignorant and you can't be helped.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I don't see what you guys are trying to get at.. his title isn't inaccurate.
Does a bullet have to go completely through your face to be shot in the face.
If someone shoots a gun in your face, but the bullet only hits your cheek is that not being shot in the face (it certainly is)?

This is the title of the article.

Handcuffed Suspect Shot By Elk Grove Police Officer

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
Or better yet follow the law and you'll not have to see them to begin with.

With stop and search laws being implemented without the requirement of suspicion of any illegal activity, this is hilarious.

They can stop us where I live, for no reason. They have done. Searched in public. Nothing found, no reason specified, and it's law.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Here's more to the story, don't know if it's been posted, haven't bothered looking at the thread responses

www.fox40.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I don't know if this was out when the OP posted the article or not -

But, there has been an update.

Police: Man Shot in Face Said He Was Armed

An officer who was sitting in the front seat got out of the car and told other officers Hesselbein said he was armed. Officers surrounded the car; one of them opened the back door and drew his gun. Another officer with a rifle moved up to cover that officer.

That's when Hesselbein started moving to reach his rear waistband. Officers told him to stop moving and to take his hands out of his waistband. Police say Hesselbein stretched his body away from officers and reached below the backside of his waistband, and positioned his hands as though he were pointing a gun.

The officer with the rifle fired one round, grazing the left side of Hesselbein's face. Police called an ambulance, took him out of the car, and searched him without finding a gun.

Apparently there was also a tussle with him at the hospital.

While Hesselbein was at the hospital, he became belligerant. Officers say he removed the gauze from his face, threw it at police, then stood up and began rolling the gurney around, causing damage to some medical equipment. Two officers struggled with Hesselbein, one officer hurt his shoulder while trying to control Hesselbein.

That's the updated story.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

If this was the first time a cop has done something wrong, and you said that, I'd understand. But this is not your first time reading about these cases...

As the article states, he is on Paid Administrative leave. Paid holiday basically. And you can bet your life that in the end there will be a statement made that "In our view, we are satisfied that it was accidental and will not proceed with any charges against the officer." and that will be the end of it.

And there is indeed a police "Force" - just like there are drug "Gangs" and outlaw "Bikers". All secured under the umbrella of camaraderie -- the brotherhood...

At least with bikers, they're honest that they operate outside the law.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Please, this is just pure chicken poop. The cops cuffed him and placed him in custody without a search for weapons????

That's just as bad as them shooting him in the face while in cuffs in a police vehicle. Either scenario deserves a real IA investigation from hell.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The cop was sleeping with the woman and he got mad at her and she probably made him mad and him thinking he has the authority over everything made him shoot the guy in the face?

Idk i read a few lines of the article and thought of that, could be wrong though

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I certainly hope they try the officers involved for perjury and filing a false report.

There is no way a cop puts a suspect in handcuffs behind his back and not feel or see a gun: that story is a blatant lie designed to get him off.

That such an obviously false story is put forward shows contempt for the public and is indicative of a conspiracy to subvert the law.

Please don't even try to justify this load of BS to me with any exotic explanations of how a gun in a waistband could be missed by a cop who pulls a perp's hands to that very area and holds them there while cuffing them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join