It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Shoots Handcuffed Suspect In Police Car In The Face

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Elk Grove Police are investigating the details behind an officer-involved shooting that injured an already handcuffed suspect in the early morning hours of Sunday. "At this time it does not appear that it was an accidental shooting. We're just not sure what triggered the officer to fire," said Elk Grove Police Spokesman Officer Christopher Trim.

Power Hungry Bacon

yet again, cops think they owe it to you to show they have authority over you. so you better do as they say or things could get dangerous....even if handcuffed in the back seat of a squad car

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Hardstepah

Another for the pile.
They are just getting worse and worse. I will truly be afraid of the next generation of cops.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

And people wonder why there is so much disdain towards the police these days...

I can see people thinking twice before calling the police for help in the near future, I have seen too many cases where victims are treated like criminals and suspects in custody are treated like sub-humans.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
How come we never hear on here about the police organising the gang stalking, or giving weapons to neighbours of targets to microwave those people in there homes?

Only the blatent stuff about the police gets reported.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Oh no, not another citizen who interferred with a Cop's God Complex.

Say it isn't so!

Does anyone want to start a betting pool that the officer in question is a Iraq/Afghanistan veteran?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

We are all time bombs.

Us v them.

This v that.

Once your button gets pushed it is ballistic animal, no more human inside.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

..because people relay the reports that are verified and have evidence.

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Read the story?

The rifle was fired, and they don't know why yet. If he was shooting to kill, he was a crap shot.

Your headline is inflammatory:

Handcuffed Suspect Shot By Elk Grove Police Officer vs, Cop Shoots Handcuffed Suspect In Police Car In The Face

The bullet grazed his face. He wasn't shot in the face.

Repeating stories like this by adding your clear bias and in a deliberate, derogatory and inciteful way does no one any favors. It's dishonest and childish. Your attempt to lead others to support or agree with you is pathetic.

And anyone sucked in by the misleading thread who just jumps in bashing without reading is just ignorant.

Oh, and your bacon reference is so adorable. You should be proud.

edit on 2/3/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

They seem to think it wasn't an accident though.
And he grazed the guys cheek.. maybe he was aiming to blow the guys brains out, but the guy was moving around and kicking like mad.

I'm thinking this, because they wouldn't go out of their way to say it wasn't an accident unless it obviously wasn't.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I see where you are coming from but ask yourself why the officer has his gun drawn on an already handcuffed suspect and then ask yourself why he had it pointed in the direction of said persons head...

Maybe not malicious intent but stupidity that tells me he is not fit to be responsible for anyone's safety.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
"At this time it does not appear that it was an accidental shooting. We're just not sure what triggered the officer to fire,"

Well, that speaks volumes. The guy was squirming around in obviously uncomfortable metal cuffs and the officers opened the door and shot at the guy...pretty straightforward considering the guy isn't charged with assaulting an officer.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Let me guess...the perp was badmouthing the cop and wouldn't listen to his demands to shut up....the cop threatened him by pointing his AR-15 at the perp ,hand-cuffed in the back seat...whoops the damn thing went off all by itself???

edit on 3-2-2011 by conspiracytheoristIAM because: correct misspelled word

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I've said it before in many other "COP" threads and I will say it here.
If you are a cop, you had better get right with your creator and hug you wife and kids tonight.
This WILL NOT be allowed to continue much longer.
You are on borrowed time my friend.
Sounds like I am making a direct threat to all cops????
NO!!!!
I am not!!!!
I am stating the obvious.Our ship has a hole in the stern and I'm somehow threatening the Captain by telling him that, "while the ship seems to floating along just fine, it WILL eventually sink becuase of the hole in the stern"???? NO!!!!

People are getting more and more pissed off the more they here stories like this one.
People are PISSED and they have ALOT of guns!!!! I wouldn't want to be a cop right now for anything.
I am hearing more and more anti cop chatter than ever before.

I used to be horrified when I would hear of a cop shooting.
I would be so pissed at the criminal. "How could he do that"????? I would ask myself

Now, I know how he could do it.
I find myself chuckling to mysself when I hear of a cop getting shot.
"Wonder how many people he FKD with before he finally got what was coming to him"???
Live by the sword, die by the sword!!!!

These cops need to really re-evaluate why they got into law enforcement in the first place.
edit on 3-2-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

There's a line in Bladerunner:

"Do you know how it IS now PAL? Either you're COP, or little people"

Or, it'll come out that the guy was 'flying high on marijuana', something along those lines, something which enables more of the same.

faces of zionism.

edit on 3-2-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
I will truly be afraid of the next generation of cops.

a truly wise man would not wait that long
2nd

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

It was a rifle. Bet they were just standing around. Who knows.

I'm neither defending nor rushing to judgment. They'll figure it out.

My beef here is with the re-reporting. And the usual jump-on-the-bandwagon comments.

If we keep looking for any little thing that supports our biases and then blowing them out of proportion, soon two things will happen. No one will pay attention any more at all, or people will be left with these exaggerated "memories" about what 9 times out of 10 is simply not that bad.

Just a pet peeve of mine. And rampant in the blogosphere and on discussion boards where people are forcing their own agendas and looking for support.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

..because people relay the reports that are verified and have evidence.

My life has proven it, but people would be scared to tell the truths for ridicule.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
I've said it before in many other "COP" threads and I will say it here.
If you are a cop, you had better get right with your creator and hug you wife and kids tonight.
This WILL NOT be allowed to continue much longer.
You are on borrowed time my friend.
Sounds like I am making a direct threat to all cops????
NO!!!!
I am not!!!!
I am stating the obvious.Our ship has a hole in the stern and I'm somehow threatening the Captain by telling him that, "while the ship seems to floating along just fine, it WILL eventually sink becuase of the hole in the stern"???? NO!!!!

People are getting more and more pissed off the more they here stories like this one.
People are PISSED and they have ALOT of guns!!!! I wouldn't want to be a cop right now for anything.
I am hearing more and more anti cop chatter than ever before.

I used to be horrified when I would hear of a cop shooting.
I would be so pissed at the criminal. "How could he do that"????? I would ask myself

Now, I know how he could do it.
I find myself chuckling to mysself when I hear of a cop getting shot.
"Wonder how many people he FKD with before he finally got what was coming to him"???
Live by the sword, die by the sword!!!!

These cops need to really re-evaluate why they got into law enforcement in the first place.
edit on 3-2-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

Doesn't matter how the stories are written or exaggerated?

You chuckle when a cop gets shot? Really? Without knowing the circumstances? Well this goes to my point.

Your ignorance knows no bounds. In fact, your reaction is disgusting.

Talk about karma

edit on 2/3/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I'm just looking for clarification. Are you stating that some citizens are given microwave weapons by the police or do you mean to say something else entirely?

I had a house in Elk Grove for more than 10 years. I watched the area become a gang infested cesspool over that time.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Woah man.. calm down.
I'm not a fan of cops. I'd like to see the bad ones lose their jobs/go to jail and the rest have they're powers to detain and search greatly limited. Not really the stuff you are talking about. You are sounding a little out there. I know you are likely just venting, but if not take a breather and either way.. you may want to be careful what you post online.. you know for everyone in the world to see.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join