It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am seeing a disturbing trend in the uk

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I live in a flat in Brighton (uk) And i saw something that disturbed me. I left my flat yesterday to go and meet my wife from work. I walked down the stairs and got to the front enterence of the flats. There was four people standing there. Two men and two women. One of the women, who was about 65 was crying. I was just about to pass them, when to my horror, right beside them was this small little dog. It had been ripped to shreads. the dogs head was basically hanging off. It was not a nice site.

I asked what happend. The old lady was in shock, so the young woman told me that the old lady was just about to go into the flat when a drunken man walked up to her with a Pit Bull Terrier. The pit ball had a muzzle, but as soon as it saw the little dog, somehow it removed the muzzle and attacked the small dog. Another man tried to stop the pitball by kicking it and punching it, but the pitball would not let go, and after he killed the dog, the pitball turn on the man and started biting his hand. The owner managed to pull the dog of the man and just walked off with the dog.

All this happened when i was not there, so i did not see the dog, or the owner. I stayed with them until the police came. The old lady was in a bad state. She even picked up the dog and tried to bring it into the flat. The police came and took descriptions and stuff.

My wife came along and the sight upsetted her too, as it was really horrible with blood everywhere.

Now, this is something i have seen alot of, and thats people who own these dogs as a fashion accessory. They walk the streets thinking they are hard and tough because they have a pitball. And then i started to think, what if my wife (who is pregnant) turned up at the same time, and was attacked too.

I love dogs, and i do not blame the dogs. I believe its the owners who most prob don't treat the dog well because it is only a fashion accessory to them. I am seeing more and more of these kind of people with these dogs, and it is worrying. I mean, the owner just walked off.

I don't think i will ever get that picture out of my mind. I have never seen a dog ripped to shreads like that.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I really love to see how that pitbull does in my old country
it would make a delicious snack for a drinking party.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Sad story mate, but that is the way the UK is going at the minute; absolutely bonkers.

I read this yesterday in the paper:

Girl hurled kitten 11 floors to death

Honestly makes me wonder if theres something in the water...

Edit to add: Being more specific, yes it's an increasing trend here in the UK for so called "gangstas" and "chavs" to walk around with a dangerous dog on a lead, the police should do more about it but after reading this: Don't go in the park after dark also in the paper yesterday I wouldn't hold your breath...
edit on 29/1/11 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Maybe the old lady was upset because the only one who visit them these days in England is animals.

The fabric of society has collapsed in the West. Old men and women are extremely lonely, they visit the super market and try hard to start a conversation with random strangers just because their arrogant kids can't appreciate the fact that it was their damn parents who used any means necessary to bring up.

I'm not saying all parents are good, infact this situation exists also because we have a lot of drunken moms and dads who spend all the well fare money buying booz and drugs, and leave the kids hungry. Then the kids end up in foster homes, moving from house to house.

Insane how the old and the young are suffering, because the companies don't need them, the companies need fit people who can work.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Yes, it is worrying
I see these people all the time in Brighton. You can just look at them and know what type of person they are. The young woman was moaning saying people saw it but done nothing. But too be honest, if i was there, i think i would have been too scared to try and stop the dog. A man did try, and he ended up having a nasty wound on his hand. Once their jaws lock, thats it, and if its around the neck, then you are dead.

I hope they caught the man. He was really drunk
Would he have walked off too if the dog done the same thing to a man,woman, or child? I think so

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Hmm, I'm not sure what I would do personally if I was in a situation were I saw the attack unfold, my instincts say I'd help (which I definitely would after thinking about it) but an angry, snarling dog is off putting to say the least.

Like I said, unfortunately the UK has gone mad. People have no respect no more...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
People with killer dogs - yes, more of them. Why wonder? The world is full of hate and movies and games are full of killers - a lot of adults are brainwashed by this.

Children losing their empathy and consideration. Yes. See above.

Videos, the internet, movies are desensitizing people. So people think it is Ok to murder, to hate.

And people locked into their phones and not others.

People have beebn removed from other people, from animals, and from the planet.

This has been done deliberately by evil people who care only for money and domination.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
While your experience was obviously disturbing and horrific, I'm sorry to say this is not a "trend" people have had those types of dogs as fashion accessories for decades In the uk. I have seen many occasions when dogs have attacked other dogs and humans, it is nothing new.
The pitbull is actually banned In the uk, whilst there are still pitbulls here, it was most likely a stafordshire bull terrier that attacked the dog, and was mistaken for a pitbull. Obviously the owner would walk off because he is likely to be arrested, charged and his dog be put down. That is the current attitude of the youth in the uk at the moment.
The fact is the pitbull is a dangerous dog but there are many powerful and aggressive breeds of dog out there, what is the difference between a youth with a staffordshire bull terrier and a family with a rotweiler or Alsatian.. Not much in my opinion..
People have always and will always own dogs, and I'm afraid, like humans, it doesn't matter what colour or creed/breed some are gonna be bad.. That's the nature of life..
Peace..

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by reatarded

Society is going downhill fast. There is no respect anymore. And yes, i do believe its the parents fault. They have kids and bring the kids up with no respect, then the kids have no respect. Its like a vicious circle. But kids these days, its all about violence, be it misic,films, its the trend.

I remember when my sister showed me a photo she found on her sons mobile. He was wearing a scarf covering his lower face, and wearing a hat. He was pointing his hand to the camera in the shape of a gun. I went mental at him. This is the fashion for kids these days. I know its a cliche to say this, but i don't remember it being like this when i was younger. It does seem to be getting worse.

But maybe its always been bad, its just we have more coverage and news outlets to tell these stories. At the end of the day, i just don't feel safe anymore. I am not the type of person that gets scared easily, but these days, these people carry weapons and move in groups. It is very worrying.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

I agree with the majority of that, however the OP's story in question quotes that said dog owner was drunk. A dog is essentially a weapon just like a car and from reading the initial post I get the impression that the drunken dog owner did nothing to stop his animal attacking the other dog, which is obviously very wrong.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
When you live in a sound bite driven country that is all window dressing with no substance you should expect a shallow empty nation

When the countries politicians steal, cheat and embezzle and get away with it why would any one respect the law?

If our great and good treat the majority of the nation with no respect to maintain their excesses and profits what right does any one have to demand respect for others from those offered none.

We are all in this together says cameron/clegg. The UK is the largest importer of caviar. How many of us had that on toast this morning.

We all reap what we sow What did the op or the old women or the chap that got bite do about this incident?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

I undertand what you are saying. Thats why i said maybe this issue has always been here, but you hear about it more because of all the news outlets we have now. When i was young, my friends parents had two Staffordshire's and they were great dogs. Like i said before its the owners. Maybe it is getting worse just because of the violent and cool trends that are out there at the moment when it comes to young people.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Yes,

To thugs a dog is a weapon, and the meaner they treat it, the meaner it will behave.

It is not the dogs' fault, it is the arseholes who own the dog.

These dogs are being mistreated.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Very sad story and brought tears to my eyes. I have elderly family members (Aunties and Uncles) that live in England and so I hope this isn't the case for the elderly over there. As for that horrid dog owner, hope they catch him! They should sterilise all these types of dogs so they can't procreate and let that breed die off. I love animals to bits but pitbull dogs have an inbred capacity to be extremely aggressive. While we are at it, I want to introduce a law to put down the aggressive owners of these dogs that encourage their behaviour in the first place!

Sorry you had to see this and my thoughts are with you.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Yeah, he did nothing. In fact, the old lady could not find her keys to the flat. She dropped them as soon as the dog started attacking. She thinks he picked up her keys before he walked off. She was in such a bad state. When she picked the dog up to take into the flat, the head was hanging off
It was only a little dog.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

You don't know that he didn't try to stop his dog.. You are only hearing one side of the story, and a side from which he is the villain.. Him being drunk is irrelevant..

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

You don't know that he didn't try to stop his dog.. You are only hearing one side of the story, and a side from which he is the villain.. Him being drunk is irrelevant..

He was too drunk. He couldn't of stopped the dog even if he wanted too. Thats what the witnesess said. He tried to pull the lead, but thats it. It was another man who jumped in and tried to stop the dog,

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Maybe I'm too trusting then but on this occasion I tend to believe the OP.

The dog owner being drunk is not irrelevant, in fact it's very important.

There is a reason it's illegal to drive when drunk. Alcohol removes inhibitions and depending on the individual, can lead to aggressive behaviour; in this particular scenario the obvious question; (given the OP is telling the truth, which I believe he is) would the dog owner have acted differently if he was sober? i.e. attempted to stop his pet attacking someones elses pet.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

I have never heard of a law 'being found drunk in charge of a dog'.

There does not need to be. The owner is responsible for their dog and any action it takes from fouling the footpath onwards.

What was the police response to this?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
This generation raised by mtv and playstation is disfunctional at its prime! With the help of Britany Christina and now Miley we teach our girls slutty is good, never mind your arse is blue because of the cold you go girl in ya mini and thong. Playstation and Xbox have cheapend life its nothing to kill a human today over a bloody postcode?
And as for idiots on the end of dog leads yes they are in abundance, I have a big dog a Rotti last week he was attacked by a pitbull and the only thing that saved him was his collar. Its a wide leather one the Pitbull couldn't get good purchase on his neck. He did manage however to leave a gaping great hole in his neck that required stitches. Did the idiot with the dog offer to pay vet fees? Ha no! Apprently even though my dog was leaded and his wasnt it was my dogs fault because it gave his dog a dirty look! I kid you not.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join