It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piano Appears on Sand Bar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Piano Appears on Sand Bar

www.youtube.com

Here's a mystery that gives a whole new meaning to the phrase ``piano bar.''

A grand piano recently appeared on a sandbar in Biscayne Bay, about 200 yards from the Quayside condominiums off Northeast 107th Street. Whoever put it there placed it at the highest point of the sandbar so that it's not underwater during high tide.

How and why the piano got there is a mystery. A grand piano weighs at least 650 pounds and is unwieldly to move, said Bob Shapiro, a salesman at Piano Music Center in Pembroke Park. ``You don't take it out there in a rowboat,'' Shapiro said.

This much is cl
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.mcclatchydc.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hello, this is my first post on ATS. I hope I am posting in the right are. I found this very cool. A 650 pound piano appears on a sand bar in Miami. Somebody went through quite a lot to place this piano here or possibly a tear in the fabric of time placing this piano from another dimension? Either way I think it is interesting
Damon

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by damonblack

Thats sweet! I wish one would appear in my living room....

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Somebody either did an awesome prank knowingly or they were the basis for the movie The Hangover. Either way its funny.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by damonblack

I am sure it washed up durring high tide. Trash is a a big problem with the oceans. They say trash island is the size of the USA

www.cafemom.com...

edit on 25-1-2011 by SkipperJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Sounds like something Billy Joel would do after a few drinks. Probably some eccentric musician, paid some guys to float it out there so they could jam. I could have easily seen Kieth Moon doing something like this.
It doesn't look real playable in the vid

edit on 25-1-2011 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2011 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

Nah it seems hollow with no noticable keys etc..I reckon it was dumped and washed up On the beach in a rather conveinient fasion

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

I'm curious why you would want it in your living rm?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
i love this story, being a musician. imo looks like someones idea of a joke.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

Who wouldnt want a piano in their living room?

I never specifically stated i wanted THAT piano to appear, Maybe a better furnished one

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Do we know any MTV addicts that might remember a music video that could have been in?
It's hard to tell in the youtube video but it doesn't look complete to me.
More like a shell of a piano, perfect for dragging out to a remote sandbar for a video clip.
For a laugh, why not leave it behind to freak out anyone who stumbles across it?

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Probably leftover from a promo shoot. Maybe we will see it show up later in a video. They recently moved the Dali museum over on the West coast of Florida. That branch has possesion of the famous painting by Dali of a flooded piano with bicycles.

www.3d-dali.com...

The Dali piano didn't have any ivory keys either. The only difference I can see between this and the Dali piano is that the fish are outside the piano now, and you can't get to it with a bicycle.
edit on 25-1-2011 by Bordon81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The big question is "Is any one missing a piano?"
This may just be a one time thing but I am going to keep an eye out for other things that show up where they should not be. I may be hoping for too much but it would be great if this is the start of things that have just disappear into thin air over the years start to come back from where ever they went! I know that is a very big stretch but it would be the start of something great. I have been waiting for a very long time hoping that something like that would happen. I do not think this is it but I can dream

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It amazes me how somebody could actually think that it :washed" up on shore
Really?
on its legs?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Oh c'mon! This isn't even "Alternative Breaking News"

Doesn't anyone ever read what topics to post here? If not, be enlightened by SkepticOverlord:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Intent of the "Breaking Alternative News Forum" is to provide a single-source place to post relevant articles from other sources that are less than 48 hours hold. By relevant we mean topics that related to the "conspiracy theory" and "alternative topics" themes of the AboveTopSecret.com forums. Many of the threads we see in the first to pages of the "Breaking Alternative News Forum" should have been started in other forums on ATS or AbovePolitics.

Honestly, how does a piano become a "breaking" news story, really??? It's not a conspiracy as far as I know, haha

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Ok, let's stopped talking about the poor, washed up piano...

... it hits a little close to home...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
All HAIL the King of pranks Nicholas Harrington. We've been punked.

www.miamiherald.com...

Then Nicholas had an idea: As a promotional video to get into college, he would make a video on the nondescript sandbar using the piano, bagpipes from a neighbor, and a small submersible sub used for studies at MAST. So the family moved the piano the few blocks from Grandma's place to their home. ``We were thinking of a big production, a music video epic,'' Nicholas said. Never made it, though. That's because this past New Year's Eve, as a crowd of about 100 gathered at the Harrington home in Miami Shores, the chants to burn the piano got louder and louder.

And to think I thought it may have washed up on shore from the Titanic. Just teasing.

top topics

join