It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mason's supreme being?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Both of my late grandfather's were masons. I however am not, but, I did inherit this fantastic historic blue lodge book from them which I am in the process of scanning the entire thing. It is from 1926, and though their official policies may have changed, here are a few pages you may read for yourself concerning the mason's supreme being. Make sure you scroll the pictures as I uploaded them as large as I could so you could read the pages, they're also uploaded to my profile pics.

This is the introductory page. (by the way the red splotch looks to be an ink spill on all the pages...not blood or anything :p):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2fe53ba1e469.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is the official declaration the entered apprentice must make to a proper officer:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7840a2a3d26b.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is next page:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6b03cf36e33a.jpg[/atsimg]

And last page for now:

So, according to these pages from their official manual, at least at the time of this version in 1926, yes mason's did have to profess a belief in God, and the Bible was a "rule and guide" of their faith.

When I finish I'll make a thread with the entire book scanned for those who are curious...anyways, I hope this answers the OP's original question.

Cheers!

edit on 25-1-2011 by AutOmatIc because: additional pics

edit on 25/1/2011 by Sauron because: Change image tags

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Sure is scary that all of the powerful people in the world (not just masons but all the religions and nations), are run by highly delusional people who believe in fairy tales.

Depends on how you define the most powerful people in the world. If you thinkit's the people who run the nations then yes but I don't think they're the most powerful. I think scientist like Hawking and Tyson are the most powerful people in the world both of them are atheist as far as I know.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reptius
reply to post by Archangelelijah

Wait. They worship lucifer yet they know the pyramids couldn't have been built byman? So who built them aliens or demons? Or are you one of those people who thinks demons are really aliens and that the greys are working for the "devil."

Humans made the Pyramids by knowledge and learning of precise detail. This was the end of the age of women which created the pyramids for humans to reset like a macro computer.

All things work in a cycle like life does itself! Humans are the software while the Earth and Sun are our hardware. Like a massive macro computer in action.

The Sun is considered Male or the Son of God while The Earth is considered female or mother nature giving life to all of us!

Water forms by zero point energy. The closer you go it evaporates and the further away you go it freezes under the current format. Zero point energy of water gives us life!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Wait. They worship lucifer yet they know the pyramids couldn't have been built byman? So who built them aliens or demons? Or are you one of those people who thinks demons are really aliens and that the greys are working for the "devil."

See my above post, and read the pages for yourself. From what I have read and know, no they do not, or did not worship lucifer

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc

See my above post, and read the pages for yourself. From what I have read and know, no they do not, or did not worship lucifer

Only certain groups obtained the truth.

My father also was is a Mason and did not understand the meaning. The idea behind such a group was to support others who were in the group. They would look after the family and friends if the person had troubles!

All organisations work to support the individual not hurt. This is why they think of the positive aspect of us all!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Reptius

First off, for clarification, Freemasonry is not a religion in any way. We are a charitable organization who strives to make good men better who will in turn better their community. We are composed of men of all Faiths and as such don't name whose god is correct as it would obviously cause trouble. We use a generic term for God while in the Lodge.

One's belief in God and the afterlife is up to them and their individual faith.

reply to post by Serizawa

Actually that first quote shows up nowhere in Morals and Dogma. You are mistaken.

The quotes about AROERIS to KHURUM is in Morals Dogma, specifically the chapter about the Master Mason degree.

reply to post by Boredomsux

That's a pretty good interpretation.

reply to post by ravager

The Scottish Rite used to give out Morals and Dogma to new members, but now its an abridged version. The York Rite has 3 bodies within it, but only the Commandery (Chivalric Orders) require a Christian faith. The York Rite is pimarily in the US, and also referred to as the American Rite. There are also other appendant bodies such as the Shriners, Eastern Star, and so on.

"Lucifer the Light-bearer! Strange and mysterious name to give to the Spirit of Darkness! Lucifer, the Son of the morning! Is it he who bears the Light, and with its splendors intolerable blinds feeble, sensual, or selfish Souls? Doubt it not!"

Albert Pike does indeed say this in Morals and Dogma. Jesus is also referred to as the Morning Star and the Bible also says to let the light of the morning star into your heart.

Let it be known that Morals and Dogma is the opinion of Albert Pike, not the policy of the Supreme Council of the AASR.

Wow, that is a serious accusation to say.

reply to post by Reptius

Freemasonry isn't Luciferian.

reply to post by muzzleflash

We're not a religion or a cult. You have a very narrow mind of the world.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Reptius

God is the same no matter what he is called. Allah, Jehovah, God whomever. I believe that no matter who you pray to, the same guy answers, or at least listens. That is the premise of our group. As was said before, the "my God is better than your God" thing has started wars and continues to divide people all over the world. We seek to unite people. Freemasonry is not a religion, not a cult, and not luciferian. Lucifer is never mentioned. (good thing since that is a mistranslation) We open and end with a prayer to the Grand Architect of the Universe. We are a group that tries to make good men better and help whomever we can in the process. We try to bring about positive change in the world by doing positive things. I hope it's contagious.

If a mason didn't believe in God or in a Great Creator, then his promises would not not be binding, like placing your hand on the Bible in court. If an atheist placed his hand on the Bible and swore to tell the truth, who would he ultimately be swearing to? He doesn't believe in God, so his promise is not binding. Since nobody has to proclaim their religion in the United States, nobody would know unless you told them. But in masonry we do ask.

The other reason is the most of our lessons come from one place. One who did not believe in God would give the source very little credit. (IMHO)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

This would be an interesting thread. Each state has different versions of that book.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Why would you make it a requirement for someone who wants to join your organization to believe in a supreme being and not tell them who it is?

Because we don't interfere with a man's religion.

It is an alien? Dracula? Who is this supreme being and what does he do exactly?

Depends on the individual Mason's religion.

Does he have a place where free masons go when they die or what?

While there are references to the Judeo-Christian concept of the afterlife, these are far from doctrinal and, again, incumbent upon each individual Mason.

It just seems really strange and vague to me and I find it annoying yet interesting.

Try any of the multitude of world religions. We're not here for that.

So can anyone tell me who this supreme being is and where he comes from and what he does?

Billions of people would be happy to give you their opinion, or the official position of their religious institutions. It's not something Masonry has a stake in.

I'm really interested in this man masons believe in.

Masons do not collectively believe in any specific "man" any more than every person of every religion collectively believes in the same deity.

Plus wouldn't it be kind of practical to believe in a supreme being yet be atheist?

I don't see what you're getting at here.

I think the point of atheism is not to believe in god because none has proof he exist.

Couldn't tell you the point of an ideology to which I do not adhere.

Do the free masons have proof that being exist or what? And if they do why don't they share it with the rest of the public?

Neither I nor any other Mason (nor any other human being) has that proof. I can promise you I'll write, indict, cut, carve, print, paint, stamp, stain and engrave it everywhere in the world should it come to me.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
maybe the masons are not evil but creating landmarks so mankind can remember history.... (btw i knw thts bs but still)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I think its good that you do not have to name your supreme being, I belive masons/freemasons are deep people who have respect for things, why all the fuss about them is beyond me, like the illuminati, there just a frat of the freemasons a group of free thinkers I dont belive they do any harm at all. But remembering the 1980s they was a lot of contraversey about poilce in the masons/freemasons letting each other of crimes with a masonic handshake. Maybe this is how we all would like it to be (haha).

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Lu ci fa the brightest. He lights there ways in the darkness.
From what I have learned

edit on 1/25/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Lu ci fa the brightest. He lights there ways in the darkness.
From what I have learned

edit on 1/25/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

what if I told you that you learned some incorrect things?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
All religions are fundamentally the same. The monotheistic view evolved geographically independently across many varied cultures, thus it is of no consequence what individual 'sect' you belong to, as long as you hold a belief that there is one God, whatever name you may choose to call it.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheLevel213

So can anyone tell me who this supreme being is and where he comes from and what he does?

Billions of people would be happy to give you their opinion, or the official position of their religious institutions. It's not something Masonry has a stake in.

What? You belive in a supreme being yet it's not your stake to know what he does or where he comes from? Or who he is? Seriously? I'm pretty sure if you belive in something , you should know something about it.

It's just so hypocritcal to say " We allow any any religon in. You just have to belive in a supreme being who we have no proof exist and that we don't know where he comes from or what he does exactly. We just like keeping secrets and dressing up in robes."

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The Baophomet is the masonic supreme being
Image Here :
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

1. Notice top illuminated torch = Illuminati or satans victories ie on Deli Plaza JFK assassination. Pas De Calais
Princess Diana ... Statue of Liberty by the way full of satanic writing ...
2. Head of Goat ... Scapegoat who carries the sin
3. Wings of the fallen angel
4. hands as above is below ... 2 pyrimids 6 pointed star or compass and square
5. worshipped as the sun and moon
6 hermaphrodite worshipped as a man and a woman
7. snake in trousers - hidden bloodline
8. cadeus - symbol of DNA --- Satans goal destroy all of Gods creation
9. Cloven feet ... go on google it .... Secret society of the cloven hoof = Phre Maison == Free Mason

I can go on but this image drew by 33rd Degree Freemason Elphias Levi is the real God of freemasonry

Its Symbolic and covers all the deceptions or depictions evil can take ....

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

It's just so hypocritcal to say " We allow any any religon in. You just have to belive in a supreme being who we have no proof exist and that we don't know where he comes from or what he does exactly. We just like keeping secrets and dressing up in robes."

Please explain how that is hypocritical. I do not see Masons saying one thing and doing another, which is the definition of hypocrisy.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Please explain how that is hypocritical. I do not see Masons saying one thing and doing another, which is the definition of hypocrisy.

They're saying you can be an athiest and join but that in order to join you have to belive in a supreme being that they no proof exist.

But that's not even my mainpoint. My main point is who is this supreme being , what does he do and why dou beliveh im? Yet you can't seem to answer the most basic questions about what appears to the basis of your secrect society.

I mean How can I belive in something if I don't know what it is or what does? I just can't wrap my head around that.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

They're saying you can be an athiest and join but that in order to join you have to belive in a supreme being that they no proof exist.

You can not be an aethist.

But that's not even my mainpoint. My main point is who is this supreme being , what does he do and why dou beliveh im? Yet you can't seem to answer the most basic questions about what appears to the basis of your secrect society.

God is the Supreme Being. How many Supreme Beings do you know of? It is a synonym.

I mean How can I belive in something if I don't know what it is or what does? I just can't wrap my head around that.

No one is saying you need to believe anything. The stipulations are only for people who wish to join the Fraternity.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
[

God is the Supreme Being. How many Supreme Beings do you know of? It is a synonym.

So at the end of the day, The masons are just another group of people who belive a magical man in the sky who they have no proof exist. Yet are actually worse then the others because they decide to hide there crazy belief?

That's basically what you're saying they are? That's kind of what I thought they were along. Ijust wanted to make sure.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join