It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For The fans Of Enders Game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
While I am on the subject I thought I would ask?

Are you an Ender's Game fan... Have you been wanting more of the story...

Beans story still not enough to feed your diet.... Dun-ta-dun...

Are you aware Marvel had teamed up with Orson Scott Card and created the Tradepaperback version of part of the Ender's Series...

It was great...

marvel .com video OSC enders game

I thought you would like to know...

Now I am teasing hehehehehehehehehehehe...

For your viewing pleasure...

Marvel. Com's Formic Wars:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d2133dd1e6fd.jpg[/atsimg]

By Kevin Mahadeo

Ender Wiggin may have ended humanity's war with the Formic race in the best-selling, award-winning novel "Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card, but the fight to squash the bugs began long before the battle strategist even took his first baby steps.

Now for the first time ever, fans will finally get to see how the Ender Saga first began with the upcoming seven-issue limited series THE FORMIC WARS: BURNING EARTH by Card and writer Aaron Johnston.

"This is a story that's never been told before," says Johnston. "That's what's exciting about it. This is obviously going to appeal to fans of 'Ender's Game' like myself, [who] grew up with the series and grew up with Ender. But it's also going to appeal to people unfamiliar with the series because Ender himself has no presence in the story [as] this is long before he was born."

The begining... of the whole story... grumbling... I am near enough to broke...

*saving pennies now*

and the other place with information...

comic book therapy

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4a98392b123c.jpg[/atsimg]

In anticipation for the biggest sci-fi release in decades, Marvel just announced that Formic Wars: Burning Earth #1 (of 7) will be on sale February 15th, at select ComicsPRO retailers!

The long awaited and highly demanded prequel to sci-fi pioneer, Orson Scott Card’s, legendary Ender’s Saga is finally here and Marvel wants fans nationwide to celebrate a day early! Co-written by Card and Aaron Johnston with art by Giancarlo Caracuzzo, Formic Wars: Burning Earth is the untold tale of mankind’s fateful first clash with the bug-like alien race known as the Formics…and the battle that ultimately sets Ender Wiggin on his quest to quell a galaxies-wide genocide. Mark your calendars and be the first person on your block to get the dynamic first issue, a Formic Wars: Burning Earth limited-edition cover print featuring the variant artwork of superstar Bryan Hitch – only at participating ComicsPRO retailers. Fans will also have a chance to shop through some great sales and stock up on great Ender’s Game collections! And that’s not all! Both Orson Scott Card and Aaron Johnston will be on hand at Chapel Hill Comics in Chapel Hill, North Carolina for a fan signing!

This is for all the other Ender Fans here on ATS.... Its BAAACCKKKK...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
another cover

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e2ad7e4af4d7.jpg[/atsimg]

Oh for a slide show with sound

the advert.. makes me want to watch it more.... Now to find if the did age of x on it... somedays I am so smart
edit on 21-1-2011 by ripcontrol because: another cover

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
And what should have made the news...

hattrick OSC

OSC suffered a mild stroke on Saturday 1 January 2011. He is now back home, retraining his brain so that the fingers of his left hand strike the keys he's aiming for. He will not be responding to most emails because his typing time must be devoted to finishing his fiction. But he is grateful for your good wishes and he promises not to die with any series unfinished.

For the foreseeable future, OSC will not make any public appearances or undertake any travel. Since his speech is unimpaired, he will still conduct radio and recorded interviews.

This is something it is nice to find out about. I hope he is ok... My best wishest go out to him

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Ender's Game was one of my all time favorites.

Believe it or not I've lived similar to "Ender" on many levels.

But the same can be said of me about living similar to John 117 of Halo fame.

The vast majority of my life has been about learning about the Art of War.

The Hegelian Dialectic.

Tactics.

Politics.

Government.

Military.

Law Enforcement.

Management.

All of building upon one thing in particular.

Leadership.

Whether I purchase this comic or not I love the idea.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I was leery, until I saw Card was the co-writer. This...this could be worth buying the first issue.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

So are your opening a battle school...

Or better put would you as say speaker of the house, (or some other minor position) open said battle school..

I am waiting till the trade paperback

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Eyesofthemothman

The reason like I responded to SKL is that I am going to buy it straight out... in TPB form

ty for your response

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol

So are your opening a battle school...

Or better put would you as say speaker of the house, (or some other minor position) open said battle school..

I am waiting till the trade paperback

The thought of doing something like that has crossed my mind since I was 6 years old.

Prior to ever reading Ender's Game or knowing anything about Orson Scott Card.

If I do open it up it will be upon my own merits and I will be running the place.

I will also be head instructor.

Plus whatever other position I attain through my own abilities.

I ask no one to do anything I am unwilling or unable to do myself.
edit on 1/29/11 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I am real bad about patience... I bought the first issues today...

Spoiler alerts...

do not read if you want total surprise....

the issue #1 ends with what appears to be the first arrival of the formics....

the story does appear to carry cards trademarks...

SKL and others you might want to pick it up... It left me wanting more.... no pressure but I did enjoy it...

And from a source it appears marvel is doing seven issues of it? not sure but it is supposed to be five but their are supposed to be two extra issues...

it is supposed to arrive, #2... later in feburary

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Food, car insurance, and other things of necessity are more important.

Being jobless again does not lend to buying unnecessary items.

On top of that I've read almost all of the Ender's Game series.

And my imagination lends more to the pictures than actual pictures in a comic book.

Or even a graphic novel.

My imagination is too busy building everything within those stories and many more.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

So far then no one will object if I give out spoilers....

Mazer just got tossed out of a special forces group my understanding not good enough...

Some garbage I am trying to place about a corp that is mining and being just about pirates... that seem to at the end of this last one I think the Formics just destroyed...

Someone got to the moon with proof their is a FTL coming to the system...

Mazer in china teaching chinese to drive our helicopters while ther teach them to drive the chinese underground diggers...

He is at the milking stage here... this felt like a waste but I will give author time for some build up.......

It was ok and the changed the number to 2 of seven so it is official it is now a seven part series...

top topics

join