It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miracles: Hard Evidence that the Christian God is Real

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Although atheism is the de facto state religion of the west and Christians are currently derided as believing in fairy tales and are persecuted throughout the world, there is increasing hard evidence that God is real and is intervening in our affairs in spectacular fashion.

Although we have hundreds of fulfilled prophecies from the Christian Bible, such as the rebirth of Israel and the rise of a one world government, I'm going to focus on a very specific event that happened in April of 2010.

A young girl, age 11 was lost in a Florida swamp for 4 days. Rescuers searched in vain. However a young pastor, prompted by God's Holy Spirit found her in 2 hours by simply following God's instruction.

amfix.blogs.cnn.com...

Some relevant facts:
1) 4 days of intense searching by the community failed to find the girl.
2) The search grid was no where near where the girl actually was.
3) James King goes directly to the girl in two hours of sloshing through very nasty terrain, simply by listening to God's voice.
4) King and the girl, Nadia Bloom were both given the same scripture to recite while the search was on:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight.

5) Even after the girl was found by King, officials couldn't locate them for hours due to the density of the terrain, yet God led King directly to Nadia.

www.open.salon.com...

I'd like to point out for the hard hearted, that this was not some second hand story with dubious references. This made national news and is well documented. I have had a few amazing spiritual encounters with Jesus myself throughout my life. My point is that faith does not have to be based on some feel good emotional response to mere words, but rather it can be backed up with cold hard evidence that a supernatural God has his hand on this world.

edit on 19-1-2011 by SevenThunders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

omg inside job it was the paster !!!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but saying miracles are proof just... isn't proof. I could use the same logic to say there is no god because lot's of bad things happen to lots of good people.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Sorry mate but you wont make many friends on this one, in this day and age, the christian god version is trampled and made fun off, cause people are told by TPTB that there priest are all pedophiles and there a bunch of crooks and lyars.

So until god shows himself, which i dont think he can or will, then theres only the media to believe eheheheh..

Oh and its cool to bash catholics, but not cool to say anything about islam or judaism eheheh, i wonder why

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
have you ever thought that maybe the most powerful people on the planet can fulfill prophecy by simply making certain events occur at certain times without the influence of God? Because this is what I believe they do.

Until something extremely out of the ordinary happens, this is what I will believe.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I guess when you blindly believe "hard evidence" means something different than it does for the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
We should not Mock a persons Faith even if we dont believe what they do, If he thinks this is a miracle let his heart believe that it gives him comfort, and isnt that all that matters?

link   
reply to post by dukeofjive

Actually.. It's derided because the faith says:

People are damned because a talking snaked talked a woman into eating an apple and then getting her husband to eat it-the same husband that donated the rib to make her.
Then to atone for this the god that got mad, came to earth in the form of a human, so he could teach how forgiving and loving he in fact is, before he tortures and kills himself.

It's derided and laughed at because its frigging hilarious.

link   
Let us never forget the that the vehical in which the Christian religion has traveled thus far. Fear.
Fear of going to hell. Fear that god would favor your enemies in battle rather than yourself.
Do you forget that the clergy routinely poured molten lead down the ears of infants, because their parents taught them to read?
That after being ex-communicated, people were encouraged to kill themselves and donate their land to the clergy so that they might be saved?
Christianity is still being discussed simply because they(the clergy) were and still are very good at making people afraid.
Do not forget the millions that wondered why they were spending their last moments being burned to death for something they did not do. Is that what Jesus of Nazereth really wanted? Get educated before you commit yourself to a belief.
molonlabe33

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoArmsJames
I guess when you blindly believe "hard evidence" means something different than it does for the rest of us.

Nevertheless you have no adequate explanation for how pastor King was able to find the girl once he got the message from God. Nor can you explain the other 'coincidences' such as the fact that they were both reciting the same scriptures as prompted by God. Nor can you explain how the rescue was achieved by bush-wacking through incredibly dense nearly impassable swamp land and yet God led the man directly to her.

This is about as in your face as you can get short of raising the dead. But that's happening a lot these days as well.
www.sethbarnes.com...

This lost girl incident is hard evidence because there were hundreds of eyewitnesses including television cameras to record the event and it made national news. That's about as hard as it gets. It's a lot more evidence than say, the theory that nothing created everything that Darwin espouses.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Your supposition hinges on itself being true.
Consider:
The pastor could have been lieing.
One or both could have retroactively filled in memories to fit the narrative - an event common enough to make eye witness testimony considered not very reliable anyway.

There is no proof within this thread. There is not even any evidence beyond touchy-feely anecdotes that conform to confirmation bias.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

Yes so you fulfill this scripture:

Our lives are a Christ-like fragrance rising up to God. But this fragrance is perceived differently by those who are being saved and by those who are perishing. 16To those who are perishing, we are a dreadful smell of death and doom. But to those who are being saved, we are a life-giving perfume

and this one 1 Cor 1:

The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God. 19As the Scriptures say,
“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise
and discard the intelligence of the intelligent.”e

It doesn't matter how foolish salvation "seems" to you. That is irrelevant. What matters is what is and what is right. God has already given you many proofs that he is who he says he is. The case I cited here is powerful evidence IMHO. What is left is to either do it His way, put your trust in Jesus, repent of your sins and make him your Lord, or to choose destruction.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I always find it cute..
"They laugh at our stupid ways and call it stupid therefor they are evil and are stupid instead!"
Such a sound argument, especially when you can call it a prophecy and look all the more proper.

Of course, nothing said is proof of the existence of the divine be it the Abrahamic god or any other.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
You know as a quick addendum, I would like to add this.

In the bible, Elijah had a contest to see who's god would start a bonfire.
In this contest he said any god too weak to start a bonfire should not be worshiped.

Here is what I ask of you:

How many unlit bonfires are there around the world right now? How many need there be before you notice the scam?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

Nice try but you fail. The pastor was led directly to a dense area that was not on the search grid. Did you see the video? She had wandered far afield. There is additional videotape of the area.

Thus if the pastor was lying it still doesn't explain his remarkable ability to find the girl does it? Moreover he has no reason to lie about this. God led him to the girl. I'm afraid you are going to have to accept it since the evidence is overwhelming in support of that conclusion. None of the other of hundreds of searchers were anywhere close, but he knew.

Perhaps you should reexamine your shrill, blind God hating worldview. Even you can still be reconciled to God despite your many sins.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

No reason to lie?
I bet the membership of the Parrish has had a sudden surge of members.
Bet he has gotten a chunk of publicity.

The lie part I was suggesting as possible was the "reading the same passages" and "hearing god saying where to go".

Going to an area not being searched-but still close to the last known area.. is a decent idea when trying to find a missing person.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Thank you for your post. I remember that incident well. I saw James King being interviewed on TV. His level of faith was really remarkable.

I think the incident will be explained scientifically when science has evolved and has the instruments to do so. We are all connected on a higher dimension, but only a few can consciously tab into it. Mr. King's faith was so strong that he was able to communicate with the girl. It's something that many Remote Viewers claim to be able to do, but miserably fail 99% of the time.

I personally think that God would have guided the girl's parents, but not a stranger ...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Wow thats it........ PROOF!!!!
God is real after all!
case closed!

But seriously,it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out the pastor abducted the girl in the first place!
edit on 20/1/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Anecdotal evidence is not hard evidence. There is equal nebulous evidence in support of every other religion. Please demonstrate something that is actually miraculous. Violations of the laws of physics are a good place. Another good sort would be something that we can actually test and verify as a miracle.

And no, magnets don't count.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
If the girl's location was so hard to get to for grown men with a lot of equipment at their disposal, how did she get there in the first place? And why would God guide this man to her yet allows huge numbers of good people to die every day? A good who is so selective about good people doesn't sound like someone who should be worshiped to me.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join