It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superstorm threat rises in California

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Superstorm threat rises in California

uk.news.yahoo.com

Scientists have warned politicians to take preventative action as a superstorm, dubbed the 'Big One', is expected to hit California. Skip related content

US Geological Survey scientists predict that the storm could last 40 days, producing up to 10-feet of rain and causing £190 billion ($300 billion) worth of flooding damage, which would make it the most destructive storm in California's modern history
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 18-1-2011 by Detrucci because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2011 by Detrucci because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Not sure how legit this is, but its Yahoo so im guessing its valid to a degree
They dont say when it will happen, just "soon"
This sounds quite severe.
They say that the storm is up to 4 times more damage than a major earthquake. If its anything like the Australian floods going on then Californians could be in for a seriously tough time
What are your thoughts on this Article?

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 18-1-2011 by Detrucci because: spelling

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Oh wow, scientists warn of a huge storm right after they figure out California can't balance it's budget.

Hmm, that doesn't sound suspicious.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
For some reason they always give a little warning about things to come,I thought scientists didnt subscribe to prophecy.You know they played WaterWorld on the TV in Brisbane about a week before the floods.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
covered

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ah my apologies

Second Line

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Detrucci

Californians are used to flooding, it happens often. The entire of old town Sacramento is built on the second story above the original Sacramento that was flooded last time this happened.

Either way this isn't really news for those of us who have lived here our whole lives, more like a "Duh, I'm glad you can prove what we already know" sort of thing.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

One similar topic in BAN, the other in Fragile Earth.

A second thread on a similar topic in a related forum is allowed only with BAN stories.

Please continue

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Detrucci

Sounds more doomsday than anything. Have you ever watched the news? Meteorologists are just guessers.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
If its gonna rain for 40 days then we all are in for a rude awakening. It will effect all of us here in the states and it all comes back to the whole global warming. There are some serious storms brewing everywhere and that ocean water is warming ever so slightly every year! Good Luck to California and the rest of us!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I sure hope my foot doesn't get put in my mouth after this one - but I agree with the other posters about meteorologists not knowing how to predict the weather. I would guess that 80% of the time they are dead wrong.

If it does happen - I think we really need to take in to perspective all of the earth changing events that have started to happen right after/durring the New Year. I know many of the ATSers have already began to try to dismantle exactly what is happening - but I think that if this "super storm" happens we will get a nice piece of the puzzle.

Hopefully it won't happen.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

This is already posted in BAN ... check it out. actually a couple of times.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Thats weird, I remember in 1999 we had a pretty bad fire on the Kitty Hawk. The fire was reported right after the movie Back draft ended, that movie was never shown on board again. We also had quite a few instances of actual casualties happening in the same space we just conducted a drill in, or have the EXACT same casualty happen in the space we were about to have a drill in.

After being away from all that for awhile the paranoid part of me wondered if there was a little more than coincidence in those events, almost like being a captive audience and being tested on.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Funny thing this;

Marcia McNutt, She holds a top position in the US Government, Wikipedia Page, Thousands of articles.
(The Head of the USGS)

Not 1 mention of who her Mother & Father were???

I'm usually VERY good at finding things.

Anyone "know"?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This reads like more climate change propaganda, they are warning "politicians" to prepare, for something that could maybe possibly happen called the "big one"

top topics

join