It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid - [WRAP]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
EMERGENCY BROADCAST SYSTEM:

Voice Over : We will return to your regularly scheduled program after this announcement. Please stay tuned for information and instructions.

News Conference MC: “We ask everyone hold your questions until the end of this announcement. Thank you.”

Scientist: “It has come to our attention that an astronomical event is about to occur that will drastically effect everyone in the Western Hemisphere. At approximately 7:21 in the morning, a huge fireball will become visible on the horizon of the East coast. The light from the fireball will be so intense that it will actually brighten the sky almost a full hour before it’s actual appearance. Once it is visible, it will quickly become the brightest object in the sky.”

“The fireball is in the stellar classification of GV2, indicating a surface temperature of 5505 degrees Celsius. Temperatures will begin to rise on the ground almost immediately. Some places may experience as much as a 25 degree jump in temperature.”

POTUS: “Given the lateness of this discovery, there is absolutely nothing we can do to change the path of this object. There is no doubt that it will continue on its projected path. So, it is our only course of action to prepare the public and recommend certain steps to protect yourselves and your families.”

“After seven o’clock tomorrow morning, shelter in place. Do not attempt to travel or go outdoors for any reason. To do so may induce skin inflammations, cancer, and skin photo-damage from the powerful radiation you will receive. Try to keep the temperature in you homes as comfortable as possible. If you do not have temperature control in your home, please try to seek shelter elsewhere tonight. If you are caught outside when this occurs, please cover as much of your skin as possible and immediately seek shelter. It will also become important to drink large amounts of clean water to avoid dehydration from the heat created.”

“We have determined that the event will end sometime around six o’clock tomorrow evening. At that time, your local authorities will be available to you for any assistance you require. Please try to remain calm and remember that any hoarding or price gouging will be severely punished.”

News Conference MC: “At this time we will take a few questions.”

Reporter: “Has the Earth ever experienced anything like this before?”

Scientist: “It is apparent that this type of thing does happen in cycles, so yes, we have had this experience before. Thankfully, though, we are now technologically advanced enough to know about it ahead of time and prepare.”

Reporter: “Do we know the size or composition of this fireball?”

Scientist: “It’s diameter is about 100 times that of the Earth and it is composed of Hydrogen, Helium, Oxygen, Iron, Neon, and other elements.”

Reporter: “Being that large, won’t it have some type of gravitational effect on us?”

Scientist: “Yes, it will effect the Earth’s tides, climate, continental drift, magnetosphere and several other aspects of our planet. That is why this event must be handled and studied appropriately.”

News Conference MC: “Last Question.“

Reporter: “Has there been a name given to this event?”

POTUS: “At this time a group of world leaders and some of the brightest minds known have decided to call this the sunrise. God be with us all.”

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Um WTF is this? Please explain!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenAlpha

I know but I think I will let you figure this one out! S @ F

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
i can so see this happening!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Well, the contest was supposed to be about what amps us up. In my case I get really upset when I see very mundane things being twisted and skewed to instill fear into people AND I get just as upset when I see others accept that fear without questioning. So my story is about fear mongering on an insane level.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenAlpha

re-read the last sentence....

@op... lololol.... awesome post!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Very nice post! I can so see it going down like this. When i first read it i was in a sort of panic until i realized it wasn't a true story , as i live on the east coast lol. Good job, got my adrenalin fix for the day

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
i read 5000 degrees and then stay indoors and youll be safe...
thats when i didnt get scared anymore because if it was 5000 degrees id be soooooooo toast wherever i was

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Thesickness

Oh no! You mean I did the exact thing I was making fun of...scaring people for no good reason! Sorry!!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Well, it's in the category short stories, so it's purely fictional.
Makes me wonder how a news cast of a real prominent disaster of that kind would sound though.
Not at all like this one I am sure, but every story that makes you think a little, is in my book a good little story...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

All in good fun, its what i get for reading over things on here to quickly at times

Enjoyable post

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

its not your fault...just don't mention that silver ball that appears at night and is made of cheese, that'll really freak people out

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
That's a very clever story. Pardon the one liner.
Wear sunscreen

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Does anyone remember the Radio Broadcast for "War of The Worlds"?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

That was what I was thinking about when I wrote this story. I wanted to display something fictional but in a realistic sounding way. I know that this is extreme, but we do see things like this every day. Some one always wants us to be afraid of something we shouldn't be.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

I thought you might have been thinking War of The Worlds - I heard people were actually very frightened when they heard it on radio, they thought it was real. Cool!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

LOL! Good one! To make it more realistic in the media interaction with the President, the following questions would have been asked:

Did the flaming star decide to approach earth at the suggestion of Sarah Palin's target?
Why did the evil Republicans cut funding for monitoring these huge heavenly bodies?
Is this a Tea Party assignation attemt on elected officials?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
wow...happens all the time........
edit on 15-1-2011 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

I just wanted to let you know, I thought this was extremely well written, and unbelievably true.

I read it twice, in the first instance, I read it as purely fictional which I though was excellent, and in the second, from the point of view of where you were coming from, and the result was, the second time was even better, because it actually touched something that rules our daily lives, how we are being basically controlled through fear.

Well done, I hope you win.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Fenix777

You got what amps me exactly right! Thanks for you kind words.

sara123123: My side still hurts from laughing at your additional questions!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join