It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loughner's `Dark Personality' Eluded Mental Health Scrutiny [Bloomberg]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Loughner's `Dark Personality' Eluded Mental Health Scrutiny

www.bloomberg.com

Jared Loughner’s behavior often caught the attention of those around him in the years before he was accused of a mass shooting in Arizona. It took a massacre to raise the question of why no one intervened.

He interrupted class talking about the apocalypse and brainwashing, leaving students and professors fearing for their safety. He convinced a friend to watch movies featuring conspiracy theories about the government’s role in the Sept. 11 attacks, and he spoke of mind control.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

edit on 1/13/2011 by Mirthful Me because: Title

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
*SNIP*

The more I hear about this, the more they are trying to marginalize the people that asked for him to be evaluated, kicked him out of college, reported him to the police, and specifically warned that they were scared for their lives.

Why would anyone do this? To make it easier to pass legislation that has been sitting on the sidelines just for an occurrence like this.

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

edit on 1/13/2011 by Mirthful Me because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Why talk about a guy that I would well never mind you guys give him his fame I would not have been held back from him if I was there I have a 11 year old god could not keep me from killing him

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buddyweiser
Why talk about a guy that I would well never mind you guys give him his fame I would not have been held back from him if I was there I have a 11 year old god could not keep me from killing him

Pointing out that he is being used to promote an agenda is not giving him any fame, it is pointing out that he is being used to promote an agenda.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Can someone translate this for me?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I am not exactly sure what you are saying - that you have an 11 year old god that couldn't stop you from murdering somone? Or that you have an 11 year old child and that your God/deity woudln't be able to stop you from murdering the killer?

Interesting to say the least.

The people who are giving him his fame are the media, and who's picture wouldn't be circling around the globe if they tried the same thing? People talk about things so that we can better understand what happened - it is called information exchanging. So, is this next on peoples agenda - to stop the flow of free speech? Sure seems the likely course.

Give people some credit instead of jumping to wild conclusions.
edit on 1/14/2011 by kroms33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

edit on 14-1-2011 by Tamahu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

I am not exactly sure what you are saying - that you have an 11 year old god that couldn't stop you from murdering somone? Or that you have an 11 year old child and that your God/deity woudln't be able to stop you from murdering the killer?

Ahh got it!
God killed 11 children in murder year

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Anyone mention how at a Job Center he was in filming the people inside making everyone real nervous and when they asked him to leave he pulled out a copy of the Constitution and said he had a right to be there?

Saw that on FOX News tonight.

What other group of people think the Constitution is their "holy all access pass" to do anything they want? hmmm...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com... That tells you whats in its bag its a good read it also says about the jobcentre advert

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Anyone mention how at a Job Center he was in filming the people inside making everyone real nervous and when they asked him to leave he pulled out a copy of the Constitution and said he had a right to be there?

Saw that on FOX News tonight.

What other group of people think the Constitution is their "holy all access pass" to do anything they want? hmmm...

Well some would say it's people who watch Fox News, or the Tea Party.

No dig intended - but it is just what I think.

People need to expand their way of thought beyond the political process to understand that both political parties are pretty much the same thing.

The Pro-Life crowd rallied around Bush - Abortion still exists.
Obama for president under the anti-war banner - We are still in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The only way to change the USA is to change it's leadership. People need to get the old crowd out of Washington and somehow get some non-corrupt politician in. I don't condone any type of violence at all, but why not use the system our forefathers gave us to retake our hijacked country?

Dems and Repubs the same party... the Tea Party is even worse then both of them - why? Because they insight the extremists, who are in their ranks and just as bad as Islamic radicals.

What political ideology does America have to stand on? The Republican party is in shambles - the Democrats can't get the job done either because of infighting... where the heck can this failing country turn to?
I say we turn to ourselves, we have to. All of this BS fighting is to keep people off balance so no one can unite - it serves their purposes for control.
OMG... sorry.... *stepping down from soap box*

I usually don't get so political these days... but all the craziness going on made me keep typing.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

Obama for president under the anti-war banner - We are still in Iraq and Afghanistan.

That's a common Sean Hannity lie.

I absolutely hate the amount of lies the right has put out about this president. But there you go, from the presidential debates.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

The originator of this thread is trying to make a point that I hope most who read it will not ignore:

This guy obviously had issues. Why wasn't more done to straighten him out?

I think I have part of this answer. It has to do with the "profession" which we have put in charge of handling mental health, and one would suppose, the general sanity level in the culture. They aren't doing their jobs!

What are they doing? If you are not familiar with this subject, this would take some digging, and you still might not find a satisfactory answer. "Mental health" has a long history of being used as a way to remove undesirable persons from the community. As a profession, it has very little to show for itself in the way of effective treatment. It simply labels, which then becomes sufficient excuse to remove the person. So, whoever controls the "mental health" system has a method of removing people who they find troublesome. Since at least the 1940's, the major power group that seems to have successfully assumed control of this system is the same group that is often referred to in posts as the "secret power elite," "the powers that be," "the Illuminati," etc. Whoever they are, their interest is decidedly NOT the promotion of real sanity and mental health in the population. Quite the opposite!

So this shooting becomes yet another example in a long, grisly string of examples of extremely unstable people either ignored, or actually created, by the mental health system, and then let loose to vent their amplified frustrations on society. Included in this line-up is even a psychiatrist! (Fort Hood shooting).

As the world continues to heat up (perhaps the most salient metaphor behind "global warming") I feel an increased need to shout louder: Now is the time to trust your own sense of right and wrong, of wisdom and foolishness, and to look at the world and see if you don't see what so many of us see: a world being marched down a path that ends in slavery and extinction. We must each of us do our best to not cooperate with this plan and to find the true source of freedom and survival and how that can be used to turn this situation around.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by l_e_cox

Probably because there's very few people in the world who really understand mental health. The rest just assume they do.

Do you not understand how dangerous the connotations are of assuming just anyone can judge someone with a disagreeable attitude as "mentally unstable"?

Because I've been vocal against government policies for many years, and the government's lower, uneducated managers have made it a point to label me with unexplained "mental problems" just so most people would ignore what I have to say.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by l_e_cox
reply to post by sbctinfantry

The originator of this thread is trying to make a point that I hope most who read it will not ignore:

I think I have part of this answer. It has to do with the "profession" which we have put in charge of handling mental health, and one would suppose, the general sanity level in the culture. They aren't doing their jobs!

What are they doing? If you are not familiar with this subject, this would take some digging, and you still might not find a satisfactory answer. "Mental health" has a long history of being used as a way to remove undesirable persons from the community. As a profession, it has very little to show for itself in the way of effective treatment. It simply labels, which then becomes sufficient excuse to remove the person. So, whoever controls the "mental health" system has a method of removing people who they find troublesome. Since at least the 1940's, the major power group that seems to have successfully assumed control of this system is the same group that is often referred to in posts as the "secret power elite," "the powers that be," "the Illuminati," etc. Whoever they are, their interest is decidedly NOT the promotion of real sanity and mental health in the population. Quite the opposite!

So this shooting becomes yet another example in a long, grisly string of examples of extremely unstable people either ignored, or actually created, by the mental health system, and then let loose to vent their amplified frustrations on society. Included in this line-up is even a psychiatrist! (Fort Hood shooting).

As the world continues to heat up (perhaps the most salient metaphor behind "global warming") I feel an increased need to shout louder: Now is the time to trust your own sense of right and wrong, of wisdom and foolishness, and to look at the world and see if you don't see what so many of us see: a world being marched down a path that ends in slavery and extinction. We must each of us do our best to not cooperate with this plan and to find the true source of freedom and survival and how that can be used to turn this situation around.

An incredible reply, thankyou for not missing the point I was trying to convey. Star for you, and I also concur.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
His dark personality also seems to have eluded the long arm of the law:

For example Loughner is accused of making death threats:

www.npr.org...
“As we understand it, there have been law enforcement contacts with the individual where he made threats to kill,” Dupnik said...

Maybe the sheriff was referring to stuff like this:

ttp://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/01/14/20110114arizona-shootings-california-fax-death-threats.html
A Pima County detective called (CA state senator)Sen. Leland Yee's chief of staff on Monday to inquire about some racist faxes Yee received in March or April after he checked into payments made by a California state university to Sarah Palin for a speaking engagement.
"I'm not certain if there is a definite connection" between the threats received by Yee and the Giffords case, Keigwin said. "He referenced that they are seeing similar faxes in their investigation. I think it has similar terminology. I don't know for sure, but he said they are getting very similar faxes."
The San Mateo County Times reported that the California Highway Patrol eventually investigated the death threats received by Yee.

Faxes are of course easily traceable. So it sounds like either someone was 'protecting' Loughner from police, or someone was building a 'legend' for their pre-chosen patsy.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
i have noticed a lot whenever there is a shooting and there is something about the person having mental health issues that people start asking how they got a gun in the first place. on the form you fill out there are questions about your state of mental health. you can choose to be honest or lie on these forms, but i ask, how can the government do a proper mental health background check with HIPA(sp?) in place. and even if there is a way around this by only flagging a person with going into specifics of the illness, it will still not prevent a person from getting a gun through private sales. these forms only apply to gun dealers selling guns, not individuals. i'n not at all anti-gun in anyway, i'm just asking questions/making points in light of this latest tragedy as i hear the same issues brought up again and again as these things occur.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I have a feeling that this goes hand in hand with that "spy on your neighbor" thing that's going on.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Does anyone wonder if this guy was ever on ATS?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cesearesque
Does anyone wonder if this guy was ever on ATS?

do you mean if he really was or if they are just saying he was? ATS released the screen name of who they suspected to be him

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join