It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the australia disaster being reported overseas ????

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I saw a story about it on the news last night. I'm in Georgia in the USA. I didn't know it was so horrible there

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by hypervalentiodine

im sure your facebook and social media is the same as mine...it has been inundated with people offering help. facebook is full of peoples names and phone numbers saying 'i have room for 2 families", or "i have a farm only 30 minutes away and can take 50 horses".

makes you so god damn proud to be an aussie.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by punterdeb
reply to post by hypervalentiodine

im sure your facebook and social media is the same as mine...it has been inundated with people offering help. facebook is full of peoples names and phone numbers saying 'i have room for 2 families", or "i have a farm only 30 minutes away and can take 50 horses".

Non stop for two days or so days! There's been an event posted by two girls who are trying to get people who have spare bits and pieces like a place to do clothes washing, beds, furniture, blankets, etc. and culminating a list of items and how to get them for people who need it. It's amazing really. People who don't know each other from a bar of soap, yet taking care of one another as though they were family.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb

Its called ANZAC's brother its what they taught us, so many years ago
and still are

We are with you in WA

Wal

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Yep, here in the UK we are getting the news and seeing the images. It's really terrible, I wish there was something we could do for the people of Australia

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CheekyRob
Yep, here in the UK we are getting the news and seeing the images. It's really terrible, I wish there was something we could do for the people of Australia

Good news

There IS something you can do.

You can donate to help with the relief effort.

Click the link in my signature to find out how.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Jaw-dropping footage

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
My heart goes out to you OP. I live in Memphis, Tennessee, US, and I've been seeing the reports from local and national media and the internet. It hits close to home for me because I lost everything I had in Katrina. I know the devestation and difficulties of your present situation there and what life will be like for your country in the next few days, weeks and months. Your life will never be the same.Your country will never be the same. Are communications still up and running, like cell phones and internet? Are the people you love and care about safe? Do you have a plan to survive this, such as temporary housing, a source of income and schooling for the kids? The emotional toll is overwhelming when one has to go through this as being displaced puts one at the mercy of the universe. It will take a great deal of courage and resourcefullness to get you through this. I did it as a single mom, with 3 daughters, an elderly mom and 10 pets. You will get through this.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by poolboy
Canada here:

The news and updates here have been non stop since it began. Every news cast i have watched has had a segment about the floods, whether it was the top story of the day or later on, there has always been a segment.

Sending my prayers out to everyone of you there.

Canada here as well....though i live in Philippines now i still am wired to Canada news. So i can back up your statement.

What struck me from this thread......we the people of the earth. Government, news agencies, borders....are not for the people( and USA PTB are screwing over there people the worst.) We the people of earth have to stick together. Screw nationality, government, social status etc ect......when TSHTF...will you be of the people?

Hang in there people of the earth down under, we are here for you.

....this just in CONGRAS WOMAN SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 13-1-2011 by The Great Day because: not enough exclamation marks

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Hope you don't mind me mentioning this here but .........
I saw the American Embassador who is stationed here, on the extended flood news coverage late this afternoon.
He said that he is in constant contact with Hilary Clinton and giving her regular updates on the Qld floods.
He also said that Obama is informed on a regular basis of what's happening here as well.
So although it might not be on their news coverage, it is being monitored by American officials who have been in contact with the Queensland Government and are offering whatever assistance that is needed.
The Ambassador mentioned donating money, help with recovery and assistance with rebuilding were also offered.
Thank you America for caring.
Fox and CNN might not give a toss but you should be proud that your officials care.
It meant a lot seeing this American representative on the news today.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I'm from the USA and ATS is the only place I saw any mention of it. I usually read the newspaper every day and I haven't seen anything.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
And what about Brasil? The situation there is much much worse. But it is always the same, white's life is always more expensive than everything else. White man's burden dude..white man's burden..

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I found some clips which i embedded in my Brisbane thread.

It wasnt a whole lot but it was something i guess. Some from CNN and a couple other outlets. Russia Today is also posting clips on youtube, i havent checked there site directly though.

I'm sure there is lots more and i have seen clips of it on the Today show US.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
India here. There's probably only a few minutes of coverage at best on any local news channel that covers ANY disaster/war/global event unless it has something to do with the U.S, U.K, India itself or Pakistan. It's ridiculous. The media is so pathetic here that it actually merges the worst tabloid garbage of the West with the tabloid Bollywood garbage in India along with irrelevant and pointless Indian political squabbles and debates.

But hey forget about children dying in the slums and people dying of lack of drinking water.

OBAMA'S HERE. WHOOPEE.

My condolences for what's happening over in Australia though.
edit on 13-1-2011 by Fatgoblin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
It was reported on Yahoo news and I followed it from there but as far as TV news I don't think so.

My thoughts are with the aussies.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
australian aborigines i love you , the rest ? oh well

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Don't worry. your getting a lot more media attention in The Netherlands than the far more devastating floods in Brasil. Thos killed over 200 people in one night. Is that shown on Australian tv?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CheekyRob

Let the Aussies win the One Day Series!

IRM

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by wickedqueenamanda

It was covered on CNN last nite but the Tucson shooting took most time up..

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

In the Netherlands it is al over the news on tv and in the papers, so we know here!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join