It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry The Biggest Multinational Corporation in the World.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by vinay86
These are all charities from U.K, England, Britain, Scotland from where the freemasonry started and it could be that they made them for earning trust of the people. What about the world do they have any charity hospitals, Hermitages, schools, shelters for poor in any of the least developed countries like Africa, India, Afghanistan, Bhutan, Nepal, Bangladesh etc. And why they want to just present in every country in the world, are there are not much character building institutions in them.
The strength of Masonry is local. There is no world-wide hierarchy controlling it all. If you think the Masons in India aren't doing anything for the people of India, you'd need to appeal to them, because there's only so much guys from New Jersey, North Carolina, Texas, Florida, etc (ie, some of the Masons on ATS) can do to help.
edit on 2011.1.12 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

Just to put things in perspective, different poster on ATS have different levels of knowledge. Either by spending lots of time in different forums, or having a specific interest in a topic and noticing that a particular member always had good information on it, you find the teachers. Most of us are students. The member you are replying to would (in my opinion) fall into the teacher category. Best to ask rather than to tell. Again IMHO.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Both of them lure young people by money and success that they would receive by joining them.

The exact opposite is true: a Masonic petition (application) very specifically forbids joining in the attempt to gain money or power, and no "luring" takes place. One must request a petition from an active Mason, and "recruitment" does not happen.

And then they make them to carry out their directives and orders which you pointed out.

No one is forced by their lodge to do anything. Even meeting attendance is pretty low around my lodge, relative to membership rolls.

All of this happens secretively, they never advertise themselves on newspapers etc., if they are committed to spread their moral values in the society, why they can't do that openly.

Lodges have a huge Square and Compasses on a sign. Shriners wear funny hats and drive little cars in parades. This thread has no less than five Masons (at last count) giving a full rundown of who we are and what we do. We've taken oaths not to reveal our grips, passwords and signs; anything other lack of openness is because nobody asked.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
Since the publication of his book, Terry's network has expanded greatly and he's now working directly from German originals.

edit on 12/1/11 by ConspiracyNut23 because: typos

with all the complete garbage that is spewed about this subject, I wish he would have the time to spend here for an information download. If ATS had a forum dedicated to the Illuminati and it had factual information instead of paranoid rants in it, just think of how much could be learned. One can only dream.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I can see why you guys don't want us around. Indeed, this would mean very little to an atheist. No more than making a promise to Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny. But, you guys could take our word for it, no? Atheist doesn't mean immoral. (I wonder how the irregular lodges who accept atheists go about doing that part)

The whole of your quote is the reason why I never accepted the "your word wouldn't mean anything" explanation of our requirement of belief in a Supreme Being. The portion I highlighted is the reason I use. Freemasonry has a spirituality to its foundation that quite simply can't be removed. It's not that you couldn't be trusted to keep secrets; it's that you couldn't be trusted to stay interested. I've even heard of non-Abrahamists demitting because our flavor of spirituality comes uncomfortably close to Judeo-Christianity.

Still, perjury itself is a pretty serious offence.

That said, it's one with a penalty in court. No such penalty exists for an atheist taking a Masonic obligation. (Devil's advocate here.)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

It's the largest Fraternity in the World.

That's the only title we hold, sorry. We certainly are not a corporation, and even if we were, there are far, far larger ones.

For the record, Exxon is the largest by capital
NSA (National Security Agency) the single largest employer
Walmart the largest Corporate employer
Mcdonalds the largest by territory

But hey, we ARE the largest and oldest Fraternity in the World!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
reply to post by RizeorDie

Actually the six pointed star makes appearances in other cultures besides Judaic world. In fact, in my "World Religion" college course, we looked at several pictures of Ganesh and one of them has him contorted within the star. And Hinduism is the predominant religion of...[drum roll]...India.

That six pointed star symbol is not only used in freemasonry and Hinduism but also Islam and Jews. And the coincidence is it represents the same male and female energies. So is this symbol is adopted by free-masons from religions. But freemasonry denies itself as an religion so why this symbolism is adopted.

"The interlacing triangles or deltas symbolize the union of the two principles or forces, the active and passive, male and female, pervading the universe... The two triangles, one white and the other black, interlacing, typify the mingling of apparent opposites in nature, darkness and light, error and truth, ignorance and wisdom, evil and good, throughout human life."
—33rd Degree Freemasons Albert G. Mackey and Charles T. McClenachan.

Shatkona, "six-pointed star," is two interlocking triangles; the upper stands for Siva, 'purusha' (male energy) and fire, the lower for Shakti, 'prakriti' (female power) and water. Their union gives birth to Sanatkumara, whose sacred number is six.
------- Hinduism.

If you ask me all religions came from the same evil source, which wants to divide and rule humanity.

Sacred-Symbols-of-Hinduism

Hexagram
edit on 12/1/11 by vinay86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

That six pointed star symbol is not only used in freemasonry and Hinduism but also Islam and Jews. And the coincidence is it represents the same male and female energies. So is this symbol is adopted by free-masons from religions. But freemasonry denies itself as an religion so why this symbolism is adopted.
It doesn't pull it from religion, it pulls it from geometry.

If you ask me all religions came from the same evil source, which wants to divide and rule humanity.
And as you point out, Freemasonry is not a religion, but accepts members from most religious beliefs. Ergo, not divisive, but uniting.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
There are many movies in which characters are found wearing masonic rings, lapel pins etc, and most of these shots comes and goes in a matter of second, it is very strange that why the directors make the characters wear such things, and focus on them in such a way that only a person who is looking for them would see it.

U Turn:

State of Play:

Mad Max Beyond Thunder-dome:

Street Kings:

Are all these their signature for their mason brothers to make them felt their presence in those films.

edit on 20/1/11 by vinay86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Are all these their signature for their mason brothers to make them felt their presence in those films.

The only ones who would be able to answer that would be the persons who produced and directed those motion pictures.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
I can see why you guys don't want us around. Indeed, this would mean very little to an atheist. No more than making a promise to Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny. But, you guys could take our word for it, no? Atheist doesn't mean immoral. (I wonder how the irregular lodges who accept atheists go about doing that part)

I feel discriminate against, but as long as freemasonry doesn't receive any funding from the state, (like the Boy Scouts for example) there isn't much I can do about it.

As much as some Masons hate to admit, Freemasonry is in its essence a religiously-based fraternity, and its teachings are derived not only from theistically-neutral philosophies of morality, but theological concepts from the Kabalah and Hermeticism. An atheist cannot be made a Mason because an atheist cannot be made a Magus.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
The only ones who would be able to answer that would be the persons who produced and directed those motion pictures.

Thanks for posting, I think all those directors were masons themselves, and if the directors were masons then the actors must be.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
As much as some Masons hate to admit, Freemasonry is in its essence a religiously-based fraternity, and its teachings are derived not only from theistically-neutral philosophies of morality, but theological concepts from the Kabalah and Hermeticism. An atheist cannot be made a Mason because an atheist cannot be made a Magus.

Agreed with you freemasonry came directly from where many of our religions came, take for example their Hexagram symbol, it is used in Hinduism, Islam, Jews and many more, when you ask this to Freemasons they have no idea about that.

Six pointed stars have also been found in cosmological diagrams in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism. The reasons behind this symbol's common appearance in Indic religions and the West are lost in the mists of antiquity.

Link.

Look at the blazing star symbol with G in the middle. And how masons describes that symbolism...from religion:

Thus, if one admits that the Blazing Star represents the Absolute, the Universe, the macrocosm, with at its heart the letter “G”, symbol of Sacred Geometry and of God G\A\O\T\U\,it also represents Man, the Initiate, the Freemason whose heart is illuminated by the Great Architect’s Light.. It is said in the Bible (Exodus 34,29) : “Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him”. When Moses climbed to the summit of Mount Sinai, he spiritually made the opposite journey and descended into the most profound depths of his being. That is where he attained the supreme initiation, where he glimpsed the Truth and became, physically, blazing. God, through his living fire, purified Moses whose face – the vehicle of his expression – was illuminated. The Star’s blaze thus symbolises the Initiate.

Link.

In my opinion an atheist is a person who does not agrees with the concept of god as preached by religions and that includes the great architect, omnipotent and omniscient originator and ruler of the universe which religions preach.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

You forgot one of my favorite movies..

Full Metal Jacket .. at the very beginning the black guy shaving peoples heads at boot camp is wearing a masonic ring.

I never noticed things like that until I actually became a Mason, now I can spot symbols from a mile away.

Also True Grit, the new Western movie that came out a few weeks ago, the girl goes to get his only possessions, including a Masonic medallion and his Apron to be buried in.

Masonry is part of our Culture, whether you agree with it or not, that is your own business, but it has a very long tradition especially in the US and UK.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Masonry is part of our Culture, whether you agree with it or not, that is your own business, but it has a very long tradition especially in the US and UK.

Thanks for posting, I respect your beliefs, but if masonry is a part of your culture than why its activities are never reported in newspapers or TV news. It is not some small scale society, its activities should be shown widely in public.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

at least speaking for my lodge, we would love some publicity. News coverage would mean more perspective members would see us and ask the right questions. Trouble is, what we do isn't very exciting to anyone other than us. So unless we kill someone, we will not see the front page.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Thanks for posting, I respect your beliefs, but if masonry is a part of your culture than why its activities are never reported in newspapers or TV news. It is not some small scale society, its activities should be shown widely in public.

It is public knowledge. Most lodges post their meeting times and places either online or on their buliding, some even have signs when you enter the town with the meeting times and location. How much more information do you want from a private orginization?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

You're not getting it. Freemasonry isn't a big thing, it's a number of small things. The majority of activity is at the local lodge level, and generally, that means 20 to 30 really active members, even if the total membership of that lodge is a few hundred. You keep going on about how widespread it is as an organization, when that's not true... it's widespread as a belief; as a philosophy; as a system of lessons... but not as an organization.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

I think you get the idea from the other Brothas, we could show case every little thing every lodge does..... but people just wouldn't care. They'd be like "ok ...... and?"

Though if we do something absolutely huge, it's usually covered because damnit, we want to show off. Take for instance the Ohio Special Olympics, it is nearly entirely paid for by all the lodges in the state. We then have a parade of thousands of Masons through the Capital, to the stadium and perform the opening ceremonies, usually with key speakers like the Governor and so on.

But no one wants to hear about so and so being initiated, or this week Lodge #103 donated $200 to a local relief fund etc etc.. it's menial. What would we "report" .. as the others have said, our actual meeting times, places and so on are public knowledge, and what we discuss at the meeting, from all the lodges I've attended, are the same everywhere -- read some petitions, pay some bills, have an argument with the Temple Management then go for a drink.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
...from all the lodges I've attended, are the same everywhere -- read some petitions, pay some bills, have an argument with the Temple Management then go for a drink.

Except for the drink part, ask newtorkdude about that.

Hah.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join