It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shift of Earth's Magnetic North Pole Impacts Tampa Airport

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jpsdasnake

simulator was crazy the other day then the 2 7. quakes in S. Am. its crazy today also....I can confirm the shift...I sit here in the office and look west the sun is setting way to the right today. This is weird cause I am a skeptic.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I watched the magnetic north slip every year when I was in the infantry.
So yes this is gradual but the question is, has it picked up speed?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by Human_Alien

I promise you I was not even thinking that I was teaching a lesson. What I was doing was just giving you a little advice here. I guess you can think whatever your heart desires, Just remember Google is your friend, and you may want to use it sometime.

Is it possible to let that over-used catch phrase go already? Remember: Originality is your friend!

Besides, Google had nothing to do with anything we were discussing. You must've had a Google-quote quota to make, huh?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharonbaron
reply to post by Human_Alien

great i am flying there next week

Where?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

"mike184ever" reply to post by jpsdasnake simulator was crazy the other day then the 2 7. quakes in S. Am. its crazy today also....I can confirm the shift...I sit here in the office and look west the sun is setting way to the right today. This is weird cause I am a skeptic.

Its actually the magnetic north

so earth didint moved its orbit, this is about earth's magnetosphere,not physical north.the sun is setting where it is supposed to be,dont worry

Ps. We are all skeptics...thats why we are ATSers

edit on 6/1/2011 by jpsdasnake because: added ps/fixed typo

edit on 6/1/2011 by jpsdasnake because: forgot to add quote

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
So north pole is moving ,but what about south pole ? Smoking too much weed and forget about shifting?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

The Earth's magnetic poles move. The magnetic North Pole moves in loops of up to 50 miles (80 km) per day. But its actual location, an average of all these loops, is also moving at around 25 miles a year [ref]. In the last 150 years, the pole has wandered a total of about 685 miles (1102 kilometers). The magnetic South Pole moves in a similar fashion.

science.howstuffworks.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

I guess thats what we all want to know...at least i want to know if there has been a geomagnetic inversion or a magnetic north shift or movement.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Thanks for that info,havent tought on looking it up on HSW...
you get a star
(like you needed em' you'v got 13 thousand on them
)
edit on 6/1/2011 by jpsdasnake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Wow has anyone seen the magnetic field tonight its off the chain .....its been all over the place check out this link !!!
www2.nict.go.jp...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
I would not get so jumpy with fear at this point. Something is certainly happening but you need to get a grip and stop thinking that it's the end of the world.

OH NO!!! The Earth is BLEEDING

link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by LunaStarr

Ah! Here, love the Internet sometimes!!

www.allstar.fiu.edu...

You have to remember that most of thee airports were laid out and built decades ago....before the sort of precision surveying, to include GPS accuracy, that we have today.

edit on 6 January 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

Cheers for the link, the internet is a saviour! That makes sense, and the more I look into what you wrote the less I link it to a sudden change in pole shifts! Technology has improved greatly, so I can see why they'd want to make it more accurate for the trainees and safety of passengers. Also, the fact that it's just the one airport pretty much says that navigation isn't screwed. I 'spose we can thank them really... now they have no excuse if they muck up the approach to that runway!

link   
I do not know whether this is anything to worry about. I am of course open to the possibility that it is. I'm not a Paleomagnetism researcher. I'm just an uneducated layman.

That said however, there is evidence which I can obliquely comprehend that this is perfectly normal and not at all out of the ordinary. Such a geomagnetic shift has not occurred since the modern era began. Ancient humans lacked the technological prowess to detect shifts in the magnetic poles. There were no airports. So while this may seem alarming and unusual, it may very well be - as others much more knowledgeable than me have suggested in this thread - that this is simply because it is the first time that this has been observed happening in our modern, technological era.

Evidently this has happened many, many times throughout Earth's history, and at broadly varying rates and time scales.

Through analysis of palaeomagnetic data, it is now known that the Earth's magnetic field has reversed its orientation tens of thousands of times during the history of the Earth since its formation. With the increasingly accurate Global Polarity Timescale (GPTS) it has become apparent that the rate at which reversals occur has varied considerably throughout the past.

However, there is evidence that geomagnetic pole shifts, and even full reversals, do not adversely affect life on Earth, and that the ionosphere continues to protect the Earth from cosmic rays even in a state of demagnetization.

Some speculate that a greatly diminished magnetic field during a reversal period will expose the surface of the Earth to a substantial and potentially damaging increase in cosmic radiation. However, Homo erectus and their ancestors certainly survived many previous reversals.

There is no uncontested evidence that a magnetic field reversal has ever caused any biological extinctions. A possible explanation is that the solar wind may induce a sufficient magnetic field in the Earth's ionosphere to shield the surface from energetic particles even in the absence of the Earth's normal magnetic field.

Research source: Solar wind induced magnetic field around the unmagnetized Earth

Source of quotes: Wikipedia - Geomagnetic Reversal

So, while we may be missing something - which is always possible, because we are so far from fully understanding our universe and reality that it gives me goosebumps at times - what people much smarter and more well educated than I am seem to be saying is that this is normal. Of course, they could be wrong. Either way though, the current rate of shift acceleration suggests we won't find out within our lifetimes.
edit on 1/6/2011 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/6/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Missing words. Apparently I think faster than I type :/

link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Eh, tnx for that, i failed to see because hype was mostly about the north pole

edit on 6-1-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mustangcobra1970
Wow has anyone seen the magnetic field tonight its off the chain .....its been all over the place check out this link !!!
www2.nict.go.jp...

i already posted that 4 or 5 pages ago,dont steal my glory

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
www2.nict.go.jp...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike184ever
simulator was crazy the other day then the 2 7. quakes in S. Am. its crazy today also...

Oh YEAH!! Whole lotta shacking going on today
Looky all them red circles

www.iris.edu...

Funny though how they seem to be following some kind of pattern ... hmmmm

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Update

It Looks Like The magnetosphere storm is reducing quickly

To:

www2.nict.go.jp...

here is the average activity on the magnetosphere: (as of 5 days ago)

www2.nict.go.jp...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mustangcobra1970

double post there,buddy?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Here's a VERY interesting train of thought or consequences (these are not my words)

Well, this is what i believe has happened to our planet...INTUITIVELY...

when the scientists decided to find the "GOD ATOM" and turned on the supercolider and collided two atoms together to split them, it caused a change in our electromagnetic polarity...since the earth has a HOLLOW CENTER, a black hole, when those brainy scientist, out of stupidity, had to find the "GOD ATOM", the result was this massive energy burst that affected the earth's electromatgetic waves, causing birds to lose their way, fish to die from contamination in rivers, lakes, oceans...bottom dwellers are dying.

so, why didn't the scientists tell the world the the success/failure of their supercolider experiments...i'm guessing they are hiding, keeping this big secret from the world cause they cannot undue what they caused...the beginning of the destruction of this plant that is irreversible.

GOD HELP US
XXXX

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join