It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2011

page: 208
<< 205  206  207    209  210  211 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
USGS reporting a 2.8 quake now. I did not feel that one. Link

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
USGS just reported a small aftershock at the same location:

Magnitude
Date-Time
Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 18:46:50 UTC
Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 02:46:50 PM at epicenter
Depth
0.1 km (~0.1 mile) (poorly constrained)
Region
VIRGINIA
Distances
9 km (5 miles) SSW (195°) from Mineral, VA
12 km (7 miles) SSE (151°) from Louisa, VA
28 km (18 miles) NE (45°) from Columbia, VA
34 km (21 miles) E (88°) from Lake Monticello, VA
60 km (38 miles) NW (316°) from Richmond, VA
136 km (84 miles) SW (217°) from Washington, DC
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 2.4 km (1.5 miles); depth +/- 5.3 km (3.3 miles)
Parameters
NST= 10, Nph= 12, Dmin=53 km, Rmss=0.16 sec, Gp= 97°,
M-type=duration magnitude (Md), Version=A
Source
Southeast U.S. Seismic Network
Event ID
se082311b

Be Well.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bishop2199

This is very strange. I can't get the USGS at all. Obviously you can from where you are.

Sometimes we get a partial page. Comms problem? Overloaded?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Of interest about 3 hours before the quake the pentagon released that they were "closely monitoring/watching" the "chemical Weapons" in Libya!

As the whereabouts of him is still unknown, he has scuds that could hit Europe, and the Pentagon has been evacuated,

Who then at this moment in time is watching those feeds/info?

A false flag prepared?

Chinese Russian leaders panic after afghan/Iraq Arab Spring etc... Syria and Iran unfolding.... therefore take pre emptive action and scaler weaponary?
A massive warning?
As the top brass in the Russian army talked about some time ago, capabilities weather and earthquakes etc that they currently have!

Kind Regards,

Elf
just with a tin foil hat on!

Elf

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I'm in the States and I can tell you I am having problems as well. Probably just too many people trying to access the site.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I am guessing it is because you are across the pond and all US traffic for you goes through a central nexus before traversing the pond. I am on the mainland, so I don't have to go through that route.

Not sure, just a guess.

Be Well.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Hey guys? I started a thread to look more closely at these two quakes (CO and VA) and anything else in between that might be connected.

Would you mind adding your thoughts???? @Robin....I think you are onto something. You always say what I am afraid to speak

Not to detract from this thread, ofcourse, but a lot of people are afraid to dive into this long one. I thought a thread devoted to this specific 'Event' (can we call it that yet?) might be beneficial.

Thread about possible connections

Also....if anyone has GEE pulled up, or can you want to look at TA.T25A (for colorado) and US.CBN (for Virginia). Wierd stuff guys. Quakes running almost simultaneously....what, over 2,000 miles away???

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Ok.....so I live in TN and of course I am between the two EQ'S today. I am REALLY wondering if the New Madrid is about to blow. I mean....if it does there is nothing I can do about it but I have this feeling we are not done in the US just yet.....the Virginia one is bound to set another one off....

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
regarding washington dc is 136K away from epicenter.....wat force is in scale?? is it the bedrock at the east cost?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I am in the States Puterman. I loaded USGS right after the quake happened and have had it up since, reloading it every so often. I haven't had any problems yet with it loading. I don't know if it's because I have had it up since it was reported though. Maybe it's just overloaded with people trying to access it.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Can anyone comment on the shallow depth of the VA quake - has been revised - to 0.1 mile? Isn't that unusually shallow?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

CBN.US.00.BHZ.2011.235

5.9?? Mmmmm.

Looks bigger than that

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Colorado has been in my signature since this morning.

Just about to add CBN. See the seismogram above.
edit on 23/8/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvrshadow

I was just wondering how the two quakes today will affect the New Madrid. Or will it affect the fault at all?
I asked on this thread because you guys seem to know a bit more than most.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Bishop2199

Odd that though as I am having no problems on ATS at all. Must just be traffic I guess.

USGS is probably getting hammered right now.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

HOLY crap batman! As always, you are WAAAAY ahead of me. That's a monster. Definately looks bigger. Is it because it was so shallow and close to the seismo??

Also, what do you think of this:

(GEE....seismo closest to the quake in virgnina...few minutes ago)

I just got this itching...no, sinking feeling that these are related and just foreshocks.
edit on 23-8-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tncryptogal
reply to post by sylvrshadow

I was just wondering how the two quakes today will affect the New Madrid. Or will it affect the fault at all?
I asked on this thread because you guys seem to know a bit more than most.

Thanks

Here are recent quakes around TN..... check it out. Who knows what is coming next but I do fear something will indeed come. Whether it be the New Madrid...have no idea.

folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tncryptogal

According to the USGS, there are numerous smaller faults in the area of this earthquake. As a result, they may affect one another or have very little influence on each other.

The Central Virginia seismic zone is far from the nearest plate boundaries, which are in the center of the Atlantic Ocean and in the Caribbean Sea. The seismic zone is laced with known faults but numerous smaller or deeply buried faults remain undetected. Even the known faults are poorly located at earthquake depths. Accordingly, few, if any, earthquakes in the seismic zone can be linked to named faults. It is difficult to determine if a known fault is still active and could slip and cause an earthquake. As in most other areas east of the Rockies, the best guide to earthquake hazards in the seismic zone is the earthquakes themselves.

Source

So, it's really anybody's guess.

Be Well

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
Hurricane Irene on her way to add to the confusion.

Mm. Can't think of anything else except - have they really evacuated the Pentagon?

yep

And they have reported standing water at the Pentagon due to pipe line damage as a result

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I hope your are wrong Westcoast! The first one has freaked the east coast out
We aren't use to quakes like this.

new topics

top topics

<< 205  206  207    209  210  211 >>

join