It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2011

page: 207
<< 204  205  206    208  209  210 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Look at all the responses!

earthquake.usgs.gov...

This is crazy.. I can't keep up with all the posts

Mama Earth is NOT happy.

I heard it was felt in Indianapolis.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

PuterMan, any connection to the earthquake felt in Sydney also?? Great job on the latitude connection between Colorado and VA....I know Sydney isn't on the same latitude, but is there any connections you think??

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'm way out on the Eastern End of Long Island, NY and we felt it for 25 - 35 seconds.. Our chairs were rocking north and south and the fans were rocking and even the curtains were moving with it. It was weird... And to think that we felt it this strongly this far away absolutely amazes me.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Any idea if the new madrid main fault line is equal distance between the Colorado quake the the va quake?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Puterman, USGS say this might just be a foreshock...

???

where did you see that?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by justme1640

Same thing here in PA...It only lasted about 15 seconds or so here though.....But made all of us in the office feel weird afterwards, kinda like discombobulated for a few minutes following!!

Sorry, this was all our first earthquake experience, not real good on details of it...
edit on 8/23/2011 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Step 1. Read the following article.

www.ouramazingplanet.com...

Step 2. Look at Colorado. Then Virginia. Then notice what's between these two recent epicenters.

Step 3. Recall the 4.7M in Arkansas.

Step 4. If you want my analysis, then go to the ATS thread. Wait, because I'm still thinking. And this quake is connected to the Arkansas swarm.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Step 5. Prepare. I am not fear mongering. I am not surprised by this quake. I will not be surprised when more come. Mid-continental quakes are a different animal.

Step 6. Do your research.

By the way, Colorado is still experiencing micro-quakes. You can't igore micro quakes.

Oh, and remember I said the northeast quakes come in clusters, just previous to the large quake, there were three small ones in the northeast.

edit on 23-8-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by remymartin

Pretty much all of the world then except the Pacific Ocean!

This has to be in two parts because of the dateline (International not telephone)

Date/Time UTC,Latitude,Longitude,Magnitude,Depth(Km),Location
2011-08-23 17:51:04, 37.880, -77.952, 5.9, 0.1, Virginia
2011-08-23 05:46:18, 37.130, -104.600, 5.3, 2.0, Colorado
2011-05-11 16:47:25, 37.680, -1.680, 5.1, 2.0, Spain

The next part is 203 rows of data so I won't post that all. All of that is Japan and 99% is Honshu. Only 2 earthquakes out of the 203 are not in Japan.

Date/Time UTC,Latitude,Longitude,Magnitude,Depth(Km),Location
2011-08-07 14:35:35, 38.440, 21.844, 5.0, 13.1, Greece
2011-07-19 07:13:18, 37.411, 20.181, 5.1, 13.6, Ionian Sea

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by summer5

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Puterman, USGS say this might just be a foreshock...

???

where did you see that?

On fox.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Crikey, turn you back for a few minutes and all heel breaks loose

There is no way of knowing if this is a foreshock, until a bigger one hits, foreshocks are only determined in hindsight.
I'd be a bit concerned about whats possibly going to happen between CO and VA, as anmarie showed on her map
Or maybe it skipped the New Madrid fault already?

Originally posted by Anmarie96
I'm posting this photo so we can all see! It is not every day we see this - kinda starting to remind me of BK's board photo shop photo. Something is amiss - what's really something to look at is look what lies between today 2 quakes

Makes you wonder how this is going to affect the already depressed sharemarket/ economy?
(or is it a deliberate distraction?)* Note; I'm not usually one for the conspiracy theories, but seeing as thats what this site is all about, why not?
edit on 23-8-2011 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

I already mentioned Marcellus Robin, and I believe you are right at least as far as Arkansas goes. Most of the US is sat on one huge bouncy fractured gas filled shale bed right down to the GOM which you did not mention.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
FOX news is reporting that Washington monument

is tilting

I can see the new name now... The Leaning Monument of Washington.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Thank you for replying...don't have the tv on.

So they are telling people its a preshock?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

PICKET: FNC reports Washington Monument may be tilting from quake jolt

www.washingtontimes.com...

Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly reported at 2:30 pm that their bureau received information from a producer saying that a Captiol Hill Police officer says that the Washington Monument may actually be tilting as a result of the earthquake.

Seismologist John Rundle joined Kelly on her show and confirmed that the Washington Monument could very well be tilting as a result of the earthquake and the structure should be checked out.

Two nuclear reactors have reportedly been taken off line near the epicenter of the earthquake.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This from Earthquake Report

Update : We are sorry for the delay of reporting due to the huge demand the server could not follow. We are trying to close the gap right now.

Update : The new (recalculated) location of the epicenter is right almost below Mineral and Louisa

Update : The Magnitude has been recalculated to 5.9

Update : Depth has been recalculated from 6 km to 1 km (more dangerous if people are living just above it
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Thanks puterman, going to do some research now
cheers,remy

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Hurricane Irene on her way to add to the confusion.

Mm. Can't think of anything else except - have they really evacuated the Pentagon?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Yep Pentagon, the Capital building, the national monuments, and they are setting up a perimeter around the Capital Building because they fear the infrastructure may have been damaged.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Sure have

Most of downtown D.C. has since been evacuated, including the U.S. Capitol, the Pentagon and other buildings. Pictures in the Capitol building reportedly fell from the wall and workers panicked and ran to the exits, apparently fearing a 9/11-style attack. Workers were told not to re-enter the buildings.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Source

This is so exciting

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
reply to post by Vitchilo

Thank you for replying...don't have the tv on.

So they are telling people its a preshock?

They are saying it MIGHT BE... so basically they are talking out of their butts.

top topics

<< 204  205  206    208  209  210 >>

join