It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronomers Find First Evidence Of Other Universes

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

This could explain the black holes like sources of babies universes where they serve like a channel of primal material to other universes.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I currently think that this could all be made by a super computer or super computers that were made by other super computers, and it could go on forever. If we or some other intelligent species create(d) computers that are better than us in every way and can create completely realistic virtual realities then I don't see why we couldn't be a part of something like that right now. A computer or computers could be individually creating other computers or universes. Maybe these computers are even conscious. It's all anyones guess. I think what we can create at the moment with computers may give us hints at how everything was created. e.g. The internet, The Sims, etc.

Your Sims character has no idea what's beyond its world. We give it the illusion of control just like we are given an illusion of control. I don't know if we're being played but I know we're not in control.

Could God be a computer?
edit on 15-12-2010 by ShnogTrip because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

I already saw this BBC documentary. One of the best programmes ever commissioned by the BBC. Its brilliant...

edit on 15-12-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Thanks ,its one of my favs as well,and really opened my mind to what the scientists are starting to comprehend its not a case of things visiting from a galaxy ,but escaping through gravity into our matter and momentarily being percieved by us dimensional fish in our fishbowl.When we eventually figure out how to do that then we`ll have the most amazing Quantum telescope to observe other bubble universes,now what about that.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HexagonSun

Oops, I somehow missed your post. I guess I am not the only one who knows the definition of universe around here.

I agree with you. Everything they find will just be a part of the one universe, and not a separate universe.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

There is no one universe,if you go down to quantum level that universe is chaotic,you come into ours and you see order or at least from where we see it from,but if you look from the outside into our universe it will look like quantum,its just fractal universes in a multiverse forever man,get in on the picture,its developing fastly.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This stuff does my head in and to think there are some out there that actually understand it.

I can only hope to be abducted and the info downloaded into my brain

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by gringoboy

There is no one universe

There is only ONE universe.

if you go down to quantum level that universe is chaotic,

The "quantum level" is NOT another universe. It is still part of the ONE universe.

you come into ours and you see order or at least from where we see it from,

You are mistaking "scale" for "universes". There is only ONE universe which has many objects and phenomena at difference scales/sizes within it. Not multiple universes.

but if you look from the outside into our universe it will look like quantum,its just fractal universes in a multiverse forever man,

I understand what you are saying, but you are using completely incorrect terminology for it. The word "universe" means EVERYTHING that exists. Everything that exists includes everything at the quantum scale, everything at the human scale, and everything beyond the known universe.

There is no such thing as "outside the universe" because "outside" would be included in "everything" which would mean it is a part of our universe. That is the nature of the meaning "infinite universe". There is no "end or edge" to the universe because everything beyond the end or edge is a part of "everything", which by definition is part of the universe.

get in on the picture,its developing fastly.

I am far beyond whatever "picture" you are talking about. Everything is ONE. What you are doing is cutting ONE into parts and claiming each part is a different one, and claiming there are multiple ones. There is not multiple ones, there is only ONE.

You said it your self... "picture". There is only ONE "picture". With your logic, you are claiming there is multiple universes or multiple pictures. There is only ONE picture.

edit on 15-12-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

But to most people the term universe doesn't encompass anything outside of our brane, because we didn't know branes even existed, we thought the "end" of the universe was the edges of our brane. The term would have to be redefined or added to at least.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Perspective is a illusionary thing ,your eyes will only see from what your eyes will allow to comprehend,it may not be impossible to envisage a reality at quantum level as another universe,just we can only see it from the outside.Unfortunately we do not live in that quantum world but in our supposedly constant and non chaotic universe with a observable quantum mechanic .Is time the only thing that makes us believe there is no chaos, watch out for that meteor,oh thats right chaos does`nt exist,but it does only as we percieve it in our universe in our timescale.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJ

Universe means everything.... Everything we can and can not see. Including every brane.

u·ni·verse   
–noun
the totality of known or supposed objects and phenomena throughout space; the cosmos; macrocosm.

World English Dictionary
universe
— n
1. astronomy; the aggregate of ALL existing matter, energy, and space

Science Dictionary
universe
1. The totality of matter, energy, and space, including the Solar System, the galaxies, and the contents of the space between the galaxies. Current theories of cosmology suggest that the universe is constantly expanding.

Word Origin & History

universe
1589, "the whole world, cosmos," from O.Fr. univers (12c.), from L. universum "the universe," noun use of neut. of adj. universus "all together," lit. "turned into one," from unus "one" (see one) + versus, pp. of vertere "to turn" (see versus). Properly a loan-translation of Gk. to holon "the universe," noun use of neut. of adj. holos "whole" (see safe (adj.))

Source:
dictionary.reference.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Hi friend,

It's about perception.

For so long we have laboured under the Belief that we live in the only "verse".. thus we call it a Universe, and that word applied perfectly up until we began to discover that our 'universe' may only be one of many similar ones.

In which case our word for our localized "verse" is now incorrect. Should this scenario of multiple Bubbleverses be correct then the term Universe would no longer apply to our localized one. But, it could then be redefined as being the totality of all multiple bubbleverses.

This multiverse must also exist within a framework which can now call Uni-verse.

See how the meanings must change? If our's is only one of many then the word Universe is incorrectly used to describe Our's.

I think this is a perfect indication of the Ego-centric nature of human beings.. believing ourselves to be the centre of The Universe. But like all things, as our knowledge increases so does the need to redefine terminology.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Yeah I realize this, what I am saying is that until this is proven, anything outside of our brane technically does not exist within this definition, yet. When it is proven and thus becomes part of the definition of everything that exists, then people will need to be taught that there is more than there was previously and the term universe will then have different applications. It would mean we are just a corner of the universe, even more than it already does. What we once called the universe is actually really just a spot in the universe, then.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

From a grammatical point well then everything can be defined as one universe.However in realtiy universes exist in different scales thats what has pushed and is pushing science forward.So from your viewpoint then multiverses are just part of one universe with more defining tendrals linking them.Would that be fair,or am I wrong.
Our universe has tendrals so must the multiverse and as this thread is based on scales it makes sense that its all fractals of multiverses or as you wish to put it one larger universe.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Perspective is a illusionary thing ,your eyes will only see from what your eyes will allow to comprehend,

You are trying to hard.

Your eyes don't see anything. All that you see is created by your mind. Your mind only uses your eyes to help create what you think you see. What you see is not what there is, it's what your mind thinks there is.

it may not be impossible to envisage a reality at quantum level as another universe,

Universe is NOT the correct term. I understand what you are saying... If humans were smaller, the quantum world would be likened to another "universe". But I am talking about the definition of universe. Universe means EVERYTHING. The quantum level is a part of EVERYTHING, it is NOT another universe no matter how look at it, or what size you are.

just we can only see it from the outside.

The fact that we can see it, means it is in our universe. It is a part of our universe. It IS the universe. Not another universe.

Unfortunately we do not live in that quantum world but in our supposedly constant and non chaotic universe with a observable quantum mechanic .Is time the only thing that makes us believe there is no chaos, watch out for that meteor,oh thats right chaos does`nt exist,but it does only as we percieve it in our universe in our timescale.

There is only one universe. Depending on your perspective, it could appear there is multiple worlds, but all those worlds are a part of ONE universe.

There are many parts of ONE whole.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

reply to post by SpaceJ

Quite obviously, even after posting the definition of universe, you three people still can't comprehend what I am saying.

What part of EVERYTHING do you not understand? UNIVERSE = EVERYTHING.

EVERYTHING that does and does not exist is a part of the UNIVERSE. That is why people say the universe is infinite.

No matter how many bubbles there are.... ALL the bubbles are a part of the ONE universe. they automatically become a part of the universe as soon as they are discovered. Heck, they are even a part of the universe when they are first thought of as an idea.

There is only ONE universe with many parts. Astronomers didn't find "other universes" they found "other parts of the one universe".

If you don't understand this, God help you.
edit on 15-12-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

But universe under current connotations means what could potentially become just our brane, so then you'd have to at least dedicate a new term for it, which they already have with the word brane I suppose. So if this becomes accepted truth, then what we used to consider the universe would in turn become redefined at a brane only, and the universe expanded to encompass all branes. Because we need a way to define things in terms of locality outward. Solar system, galaxy, universe, no longer, it would be solar system, galaxy, brane/bubble/choose your favorite word/whatever, universe. A new term is required to differentiate our old view of the universe from our revised view.

I'm in no way arguing that the definition of universe isn't what you are saying it is.
edit on 12/15/2010 by SpaceJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Okay i will agree with you on that one,its just it is allways getting bigger and bigger. The picture,the harder it is to see that everything is expanding and stretching in our universe and is evolving already into another universe,or whole bigger universe.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Probably be called the muniverse,or braneyverse.
edit on 15-12-2010 by gringoboy because: replying to myself

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Probably be called the muniverse,or braneyverse.

Yes, something like that. Localverse. Whatever, I don't know if the latin versum really would work with this. Because the original meaning of universe was basically "everything rolled into (verse) one (uni)". Verse maybe needs to be dropped entirely from whatever the term will be for it to make sense and not interfere with the ultimate definition of the term universe.

This is what Gift doesn't understand, I'm not disputing what universe means. I'm saying we need a new word for what our limited view of universe used to mean. And universe will still mean what it's always meant just that our braneyverse isn't the limit. We need a term to describe the edge of (our bubble) what we used to perceive as the edge of the universe. Membrane or brane itself might just be the best word for the job.

So then it would be planet, solar system, galaxy, membrane, universe.
edit on 12/15/2010 by SpaceJ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join