It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Myths and Facts: Study Verifies That There Is No Value In Any Flu Vaccine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
A new study showing yet again how worthless and IMO, dangerous flu vaccines are. Yet parents flock to get themselves, and their children, injected with more big pharma poisons, and submit themselves yearly to be guinea pigs for junk science.

A remarkable study published in the Cochrane Library found no evidence of benefit for influenza vaccinations and also noted that the vast majority of trials were inadequate.

The study, "Vaccines for preventing influenza in healthy adults", is damning of the entire pharmaceutical industry and its minions, the drug testing industry and the medical system that relies on them.

I have included links to the article, and to the original study below. There are also a couple of interesting links at the bottom of the article.

Article
Study

Although this is not an indictment of the whole pharma industry. At the same time, it seems we are seeing more and more profiteering and outright deception and disregard for the general public as a whole. I personally have known several people who have either wound up in the hospital after being "vaccinated", or have had the worst flu they've ever had, or have had in recent memory.

It would be interesting to know if anyone else has had problems with the flu vaccine.
And also those who have had no problems at all.
edit on 13-12-2010 by Klassified because: Addition

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I found this to be the most telling part of the abstract. Haven't read the article yet, will get to that shortly.

WARNING: This review includes 15 out of 36 trials funded by industry (four had no funding declaration). An earlier systematic review of 274 influenza vaccine studies published up to 2007 found industry funded studies were published in more prestigious journals and cited more than other studies independently from methodological quality and size. Studies funded from public sources were significantly less likely to report conclusions favorable to the vaccines. The review showed that reliable evidence on influenza vaccines is thin but there is evidence of widespread manipulation of conclusions and spurious notoriety of the studies. The content and conclusions of this review should be interpreted in light of this finding..

Not shocking but confirming what most believe. Industry funded studies skew towards positive outcomes to the drugs. Public funded studies don't.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Yes it is very telling.
I'm glad you added it. I probably should have put it in the OP, but didn't think of it.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
It is important to note that the the study that you posted was for vaccine preventing the flu in healthy adults only, not in the entire population.

Another study by the same team shows that vaccines had a much better result in children between 2 and 16.

Source

This study, looking at vaccine preventing the flu in healthy children, found:

From RCTs, live vaccines showed an efficacy of 79% (95% confidence interval (CI) 48% to 92%) and an effectiveness of 33% (95% CI 28% to 38%) in children older than two years compared with placebo or no intervention. Inactivated vaccines had a lower efficacy of 59% (95% CI 41% to 71%) than live vaccines but similar effectiveness: 36% (95% CI 24% to 46%).

Influenza vaccines are efficacious in children older than two years but little evidence is available for children under two.

So comparing the two the two studies shows that the flu vaccine is relatively much more effective in older children than it is adults or infants.

Can I suggest that you add "No Value to Adults" into your topic subject headline?? It is inaccurate to suggest that the vaccine has no value in general.

However, the most concerning thing I noted was:

In children under two, the efficacy of inactivated vaccine was similar to placebo.

It was surprising to find only one study of inactivated vaccine in children under two years, given recent recommendations to vaccinate healthy children from six months old in the USA and Canada. If immunisation in children is to be recommended as public-health policy, large-scale studies assessing important outcomes and directly comparing vaccine types are urgently required.

Very worrying to see public-health policy based on one study.

edit on 14/12/10 by Horza because: edit text

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Great find and great thread! I've been trying to spread the truth about how big business and government have destroyed any and all credibility there used to be in the scientific process or in the results of studies, and this very study, is a prime example of it!

I still say the best example to come to light as of now that shows how bug business/big money/government have swayed, threatened, bribed, or otherwise skewed the truth through rinky dink findings has been the entire climategate fiasco. It showed that the science couldn't be trusted and it showed how they were accomplishing their goals of pushing pseudo science.

S&F for you but it is a sad day in science. Once again if we are ever going to bring back credibility to the scientific process and indeed rule our own country again, we need to find a way to remove the tentacles of big business from the processes.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Thanks for linking the Cochrane Review - very interesting.

The other article was absolute rubbish though, and mis-represents the review, then just makes up a load of "myths" with nothing but anecdote to support it.

Oh, and how do you get from:

Influenza vaccines have a modest effect in reducing influenza symptoms and working days lost.

to

Study Verifies That There Is No Value In Any Flu Vaccine

??
edit on 14/12/10 by FatherLukeDuke because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for your thoughts on this matter. The title of the thread is of course from the article. I just chose to leave it as such. Because I agree with it as a whole.

Also, I posted the study itself for two reasons.

Mainly, because the article IS somewhat slanted. And folks need to be able to see the study for themselves without an interpreter.
And secondly, because the study itself basically tells you that it is not a particularly reliable source. And that the sources the study itself was using, weren't particularly reliable either. See GAOTU789's post above and read it carefully.

What all of this tells me, along with other studies and articles (pro and con) I've looked at, is that there is little to no unskewed information out there to be had by us. The public. This is what's worrisome.

And in my own personal experience. Other than what I stated in my OP, I have made an effort to talk with those in the medical profession that are family, and that I personally know. And have asked family and friends to do the same. To my surprise, the majority of these people either do not recommend this vaccination, or have not had their own family vaccinated, and do not intend too. One refused to answer either way.

While this is obviously not a triple blind placebo humdinger AMA study. It is enough to tell me there are those in the medical community who stay away from vaccinations. Why?
edit on 14-12-2010 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2010 by Klassified because: Correction

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
It would be interesting to know if anyone else has had problems with the flu vaccine.
And also those who have had no problems at all.

I had one 2 years ago before going to mecca to perform hajj ( pilgrimage ) and of course i was encouraged by the government to do so , and came back with the worst chest and throat infection i have ever had.

i hereby confirm it doesn't work , just plain BS.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

Yeah, sounds about right. The government also thinks aspartame is nutritious.

It seems to me, vaccinations and immunizations are more for conditioning than they are for prevention.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

yeah apparently they use aspartame in their coffee and tea all day , that's why they are so stupid in to believing this BS

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I contracted a disease called Gullian Barre Syndrome. My body attacks the nerves similar to Polio. Any response by my immune system causes problems. Anyway I cannot have any sort of vaccines any more. I have not found that I contract the flu or other crap without the vaccines.
I am weary of them anyway. Its not that I dont trust people injecting me with mystery juice- its just that I dont trust the people making the mystery juice. It really could contain anything.
Just saying---you dont know what you dont know

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by lamonster99

I'm sorry to hear about the syndrome. I hope whatever treatments you are being given are helping, and not making things worse. It's a condition that can't truly be understood without living it, I'm sure.

Mystery Juice. That's a good way of terming it. Thanks for your input.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

i don't see how you can claim the study verifies your claim at all, reading the study it sounds more like they were looking at studies about the health effects of vaccines on healthy adults that get them.
how do you get "there is no value in any flu vaccine"?
i don't think you can remotely claim that the study says anything like that, at most it says that over-all there is little chance of any healthy adults getting sick from the vaccine.

i hope you realize what a vaccine is? a dead virus? well they aren't really dead or alive, but they are mostly just ineffective at infection.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by demongoat

Thanks for your take on this. I'm doing some research on this "study" to learn a little more about it.
Yes. I am aware of what a vaccine is. The title of the thread is as the article headline stated it. I agree with it though, mainly for the reasons stated in posts previous to this one. But as always, I welcome different angles and opposing views.

top topics

join