It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran not a rogue state: Australia

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

Australia is at odds with its major security ally the United States over Iran, saying it is not a "rogue state" and its nuclear weapons program is for deterrence, not attack, according to U.S. cables released by WikiLeaks.

The documents, published in the Sydney Morning Herald on Monday, also reveal that Australia's top security organization believes Tehran sees a "grand bargain" with the United States as its best way to ensure national security.

I found this quite interesting:

The ONA was also concerned that nuclear proliferation in the Middle East may drive Southeast Asian nations to pursue their own nuclear capabilities.

WikiLeaks: Burma 'building nuclear site with North Korea's help'

This is interesting to know that Australia is willing to defend Iran and be at odds with the United States on the entire issue. Saying Iran is in fact not a ‘rogue state’ Australia basically saying that Iran and their nuclear development is not a threat or provocation to the West. So who then do they believe is causing the tensions in the ME? Could Australia be suggesting that the tensions there could be caused by Israel and in fact not Iran?

Either way Australia has courage to stand up against the US on such a heated international issue.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I read a similar report in the age, and the story was nothing like what you've quoted. It was heavily biased towards Israel and extremely contemptuous of Iran. In fact there were three stories on the front page which all looked to be preparing Australians fro nuclear war, and the "leaks" seemed to be a tool to put the declaration a a step away from criticism. The leaks (and reports) were all buddy buddy about Israel, with them stating how great an ally we are, and the only positive mention of Iran was obscure and obviously added only for 'balance'.

Your second point was even more misleading as the Korea / China issue IS being pushed aside, even though Japan is arming itself and China buying time. You suggest Australia is too focussed on Burma when China/NK/Burma are a real threat for nuclear war. That story hushed that up. There should be massive focus on that issue because our buildings will soon be smashed up into little bits. It's only because the threat is so overwhelming that the news is being kept from the media.

You can see that wikileaks is a viable tool for propaganda, but the situation is so desperate that if they weren't around something else would take it place.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Good, there may be some sanity left in resisting this next war. They could be suggesting that they think it is Israel, and/or us, we occupy countries on both sides of Iran, I would want a nuclear deterrent to if I was in Iran surrounded on both sides by hostile puppet regimes. Iran also remembers what happened to them last time in a war without a deterrent, Saddam was able to get away with using chemical weapons without fear of retalliation.

I think Burma would probably want nukes more as a deterent to us also, they are also considered a "rogue state" and might be a target. I think while they may be a dictatorship and probably do cheat at elections, the current regime is the best shot they have at maintaining sovereignty against the globalists. That lady that runs their democracy movement seems like a globalist shill, most of the poor are not awake to the NWO and don't understand while these people may seem nice and friendly at first, in the long run their countries will be sold out and looted by the international bankers and their corporations.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
you don't want to be the only ***hole without a nuke to throw when world war III breaks out.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

What is up with all these people and world war 3 paranoia?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I do find that interesting as well

Actually I think its fantastic that Australia isn`t being America`s lap dog for a change.I wonder if Australia will be able to withstand the pressure if and when it comes.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

They should've added a reference to the cable itself, instead they provide us with just the tidbits they want us to know.. Which is not surprising considering it's roiters.. Assuming what squandered says is true then this was done to make it seem as though Australia is somehow standing up to the U.S, when in fact it isn't...

But we won't have the full details, and we'll never know for sure.. How lovely..

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad
reply to post by Misoir

They should've added a reference to the cable itself, instead they provide us with just the tidbits they want us to know.. Which is not surprising considering it's roiters.. Assuming what squandered says is true then this was done to make it seem as though Australia is somehow standing up to the U.S, when in fact it isn't...

But we won't have the full details, and we'll never know for sure.. How lovely..

Sheesh, if it was screaming praise for Israel you'd say it's fine..
We know the score

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

So, would Australia be ok if I built a Nuke for "defensive purposes"?

The world has enough nukes; can't we just plant flowers or something?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by squirelnutz
reply to post by Misoir

So, would Australia be ok if I built a Nuke for "defensive purposes"?

The world has enough nukes; can't we just plant flowers or something?

No Nukes in Australia..We are anti-nuclear..

But one of the worlds biggest exporters of uranium..
Hypocrisy much??

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Wait, so they don't even have nukes, but they think it's ok for Iran to develop them???

That seems a lil fishy

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by squirelnutz

Wait, so they don't even have nukes, but they think it's ok for Iran to develop them???

That seems a lil fishy

Why? Many in the Government here have discussed nuclear energy in fact they are currently re opening the debate in light of the fossil fuel issue..
In the past it has been more the will of the people..
Tell someone a reactor is going up in their town and you'll never get a vote from them..

BTW, nuclear energy is NOT nukes and not what Australia was talking about in regards to Iran..
Many like to twist facts..I hope you're not one of them..
edit on 13-12-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Is what they want to build in Iran for energy? or is it for defense?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Ahh ok thank you for clearing that up...

I still don't get what a nuclear reactor would do for their defense though

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I wouldn't have even suspected it if it wasn't for squandered's post... The article seems very credible.. But that's just how it seems to work now a days, you report a narrative, or an agenda, rather than the actual news.

edit on 13-12-2010 by Eliad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I wouldn't have even suspected it if it wasn't for squandered's post... The article seems very credible.. But that's just how it seems to work now a days, you report a narrative, or an agenda, rather than the actual news.

Well I guess thats the whole point of these leaks..
It's showing that what our leaders are telling us they think is different to what they really think..

That's a polite way of saying they are lying scum.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

And by the way, I've proven many times that I don't just comment on narrative, but actual content, like I did on the "Muslims dancing to Israeli fires" thread- This post, or the "Egyptians accuse Mossad of shark attacks" thread- This post or the "New Islamic game rating" thread- This post or many other threads where I spoke against seemingly "pro Israeli" narratives simply because they were wrong, or stupid.

So no luck, I'm not one of those blind followers of either a pro or an anti Israeli opinion.
I post and intelligently and respectfully.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Yeah, the leaks' job is to expose what politicians really think, but if the news agencies that report it pick and chose what part of every leak to publish in accordance to their agenda then what is the leak worth?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Yeah, the leaks' job is to expose what politicians really think, but if the news agencies that report it pick and chose what part of every leak to publish in accordance to their agenda then what is the leak worth?

Good question..One theory could be that wikileaks not only wanted to show our leaders to be liars but also show that the media also has an agenda..

The media have been very selective in what leaks they have promoted but ALL leaks are available from Wikileaks mirror sites..

Maybe Wiki is calling out two lots of liars, our leaders and the media...
Smart people would check both sources and see that for themselves..
Many will just go by what the MSM feeds then as usual..

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
www.reuters.com...

Australia is at odds with its major security ally the United States over Iran, saying it is not a "rogue state" and its nuclear weapons program is for deterrence, not attack, according to U.S. cables released by WikiLeaks.

The documents, published in the Sydney Morning Herald on Monday, also reveal that Australia's top security organization believes Tehran sees a "grand bargain" with the United States as its best way to ensure national security.

I found this quite interesting:

The ONA was also concerned that nuclear proliferation in the Middle East may drive Southeast Asian nations to pursue their own nuclear capabilities.

WikiLeaks: Burma 'building nuclear site with North Korea's help'

This is interesting to know that Australia is willing to defend Iran and be at odds with the United States on the entire issue. Saying Iran is in fact not a ‘rogue state’ Australia basically saying that Iran and their nuclear development is not a threat or provocation to the West. So who then do they believe is causing the tensions in the ME? Could Australia be suggesting that the tensions there could be caused by Israel and in fact not Iran?

Either way Australia has courage to stand up against the US on such a heated international issue.

Yes. A very interesting article but the whole truth remains unknown. I don't know what kinda trick they have to woo Iran. Maybe Australia wants Iran to trade oil in Australian dollar, rather than current Euro.

It's like giving a rose to a little rascal. Ooohh Iran must be blushing right now

<<   2  3 >>

join