It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My analysis of the 'Time Traveler' photo.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Is there not a paradox here?

The photograph must have been taken before the "time traveller", and the ability to time travel, existed (exists? will exist?). Therefore, by the time the "traveller" goes back to the 50s the photograph has already been taken, so he cannot be in it. Unless he is coming from a parallel universe where time travel was a reality in the 1950s (our time). ??

I'm confused.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

DUH...haven't you seen 'Back to the Future'? People can disappear/appear in photographs......

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Here's a picture I found of the hipster with what appears to be his time machine...

edit on 7-12-2010 by Hoosyourdaddyo because: FUBAR

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Consider this reality...
If we are indeed capable of comprehending time travel in the future; and time travel actually turns out to be a physical possibility; don't you think we'd have the smarts to dress for the period? We mastered traveling time; yet we cant blend into a crowd? The guy was one of the first "punks". People like him eventually initiated punk rock, and alternative dress. Come on, if he's from the future; lady GaGa is a freakin Alien.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Yeah, he must be a time traveler. The 4-lens sunglasses, the B-3 Sherling standard issue bomber jacket and the Marathon Oil t-shirt couldn't be from 1940!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d970905b92db.png[/atsimg]

You could probably find the guy. He apparently was in the Army Air Corps, maybe in a bomber crew, and he worked for Marathon Oil in California.

edit on 7-12-2010 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
I'm confused.

Once time travel is invented, it exists in all times, because part of its function is to bridge time. The problem you have is that you, like pretty much everybody, have a hard time imagining time as a function of observation. We like to think of it as something linear that we move along. Like a road or a river. But it's not like that at all. It's more like being lost in a fog on the ocean. You're not really anywhere (or any time) unless you have some reference points to compare your position to.

So it's not so much that he "went back" in time. It's just that he changed his perspective.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Is there not a paradox here?

The photograph must have been taken before the "time traveller", and the ability to time travel, existed (exists? will exist?). Therefore, by the time the "traveller" goes back to the 50s the photograph has already been taken, so he cannot be in it. Unless he is coming from a parallel universe where time travel was a reality in the 1950s (our time). ??

I'm confused.

Not even close. If he went back into time in (lets say) the year 3209, and was photographed in 1940. After the second he was photographed, he will have ALWAYS been in that picture, the second after he was photographed. There was never a time he wasn't in it after it was snapped.
edit on 7-12-2010 by BrnBdry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

I'm confused.

Once time travel is invented, it exists in all times, because part of its function is to bridge time.

Interesting thought. Put another way: if time travel will ever be possible in the future then it must also be possible now, and must have been possible since the beginning of time.

If that's the case it means there is an infinite number of time travellers moving back and forth across time. You would think we would see more of them. Perhaps the fact that we don't suggests time travel will never be a realistic possibility.
edit on 7-12-2010 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
In the case that a time traveler is discovered; couldn't they go back in time and neglect to travel to the past; thus avoiding detection by preventing the incident? In response to your fog/time analogy; I reject your reality, and replace it with my own. Time, in this instance, is definitely defined as: (an alternate time AND LOCATION). Its not a linear location of time and space; its a common location from an alternate moment of time.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
I would LOVE it if this guy is still around and comes forward after finding out about all this hype on the internet.

photo is real
cameras are real and from time period
guys that seem taller are not actually "8 feet men" they are standing on the side/bumper of cars which back then the side of cars had those little steps

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Yeah, he must be a time traveler. The 4-lens sunglasses, the B-3 Sherling standard issue bomber jacket and the Marathon Oil t-shirt couldn't be from 1940!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d970905b92db.png[/atsimg]

You could probably find the guy. He apparently was in the Army Air Corps, maybe in a bomber crew, and he worked for Marathon Oil in California.

edit on 7-12-2010 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

Your sunglasses are close but not a 100% match. I do not see any evidence of any kind of jacket, more like a college sweater (from another website), and the Marathon Oil t-shirt looks like a winner. But it has to be 1940 as that is the year (November) that the bridge was reoppened after a flood. Look up the history.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
If I could travel through time, I'd see the dinosaurs. Maybe I'd set up surveillance in the area of the Kennedy assignation. I probably wouldn't be standing in a crowd with a camera and a stupid expression.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZyPHeR
It was a crowd gathered to watch a bridge being opened I believe. The picture is in a museum in russia if im not mistaken. Its a real photo and yes there is an answer and ppl do know where/why it happened lol.

Second time in as many threads... THIS IS NOT A PHOTO FROM RUSSIA.

My response in the other one:

"In actuality, the photo was taken at the 1941 reopening of the South Fork Bridge in Gold Bridge, British Columbia, Canada. The photo was found in Canada's Bralorne Pioneer Museum in Bralorne, British Columbia.

Here is their website: Bralorne Pioneer Musuem. If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you will see the copyrighted image listed under 'Featured Images'."

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
As far as the poster who commented on a paradox here. The only thing I can assume would happen is that in his time-line, the photograph existed without him in it or it never existed at all. I've read about the possibility that a new time-line is branched off in events such as this. Such as the mere traveling back in time creates a separate time-line with a whole new set of conditions and actions. If he is indeed a time-traveler, his presence in the past presented changes in actions with other people, objects, etc. that did not happen without him there. Make sense to anyone?

I know this sounds far out and I have really no basis for my comments, just an idea. I love hardcore abstract thinking like this - it stimulates the mind!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33
As far as the poster who commented on a paradox here. The only thing I can assume would happen is that in his time-line, the photograph existed without him in it or it never existed at all. I've read about the possibility that a new time-line is branched off in events such as this. Such as the mere traveling back in time creates a separate time-line with a whole new set of conditions and actions. If he is indeed a time-traveler, his presence in the past presented changes in actions with other people, objects, etc. that did not happen without him there. Make sense to anyone?

I know this sounds far out and I have really no basis for my comments, just an idea. I love hardcore abstract thinking like this - it stimulates the mind!

You are in the top one percent of people capable of understanding a multiple reality, or alternate universe sir; thanks for the stimulating paragraph. If he was from the future, which he isn't, in his time-line, the photograph had never been created.
edit on 8-12-2010 by Howtosurvive2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Sounds Amazing.
Could 'work' in an airport near U though the speed of sound follows the Light.

Reading thread.....
edit on 49am27021612231201012 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

I like the big W inverse 'print' on his shirt.
I wasn't aware they had shirts like 'that' at the time.
Nice sunglasses.
He appears quite Ahead of his time.

Does the box come with a manUcrypt?

no?
edit on 49am52043912431201012 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Have a look at the following photos. One is an enhanced view of the camera the fellow is holding, and another is a typical "bellows" type camera circa 1940. It appears he's got his right thumb on the button as if preparing for a shot. His left hand appears to be on the hinge mechanism of the camera. His hair and shades also look typical of that era. He stands out because of his height and the fact that he's casually dressed, as opposed to the other male bystanders.

[img]
http://www.flickr.com/photos/peteherb/226 6954934/sizes/m/in/photostream/[/img]

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

Just wanna add my opinion to this thread,look at the crowd around him, he is the only one of his age there and also the only one dressed casually, he is unshaven most men back then were clean shaven,his attire is all wrong for the age, hes wearing biker glasses or welding glasses but not dressed as a biker,his tshirt or jumper has what looks like a w on it these were common especially in universities as today but back then were sown onto the garment,this w actually looks printed on which i dont think they did in the 1940s,correct me if i am wrong.The man stands out because he is the only one dressed the way he is ie casual all the others are in 1940s common attire
Let’s look again at the photo. Pay attention to the right arm of the “time traveller”: you may realize that the arm actually belongs to the man right behind him. Why would another man’s arm be in that position? Is there even space for such a large, tall “time traveller” to stand in there? Here is a link to page this probably came from-forgetomori.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

Debunked!!!!!

I too have been inspecting this image for some time and while I don't agree with the OP as far as the perspective of the eyes; I have found an area of error in this photoshopped image. If you look at the left front fender of the auto mobile and where it meets the engine cover you can clearly see the double shadow cast by the closest gentleman in the hat. One shadow, on the engine cover is larger, the other on the, highly polished shiny, fender is skewed due to the distortion provided by the shape of the fender and the direction of the sun.

Now look at where the "Time Traveler" is standing. With the direction of the sun at about 30 to 40 degrees to their backs he should be casting a shadow/reflection on the shiny fender between the man closest to the fender and the ladies yet there is nothing but sky visible in the shadows/reflections cast between the man in the hat next to the fender and the rest of the crowd to his left. Again the perspective of the shadows/reflections is skewed due to the shape fender and direction of the sun.

Further, one can clearly associate those shadows/reflections with each person and their location or proximity to the fender in relationship to where they are in the crowd. NO "TIME TRAVELER". I would ask someone to assist me in a link(s) refering everyone to the other time traveling photos involving a person carrying a cell phone and a child standing in a field. I can't find them in the Topic. These photos I have yet found areas of question.

In advance...thank you...be safe

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join