It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now my life is at risk, says WikiLeaks chief ... and he promises to publish files on UFOs and aliens

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The title that of a Daily Mail article from Brittan on the 4th of December seems to be promising something that many members of ATS have been anxiously looking to see materialize if it will at all.

The release of UFO and Extraterrestrial information gathered by Wikileaks.

The founder of WikiLeaks last night claimed his life was at risk for exposing government secrets.
In an extraordinary rant, Julian Assange also revealed he would publish classified U.S. files about aliens and unidentified flying objects.
The reclusive Australian insisted he had received

Read more:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Assange goes on to state that what he refers to as “Many Wierdos” claiming to have UFO information or to be “Christ” send information all the time that fails to meet the standard criteria for voracity employed by Wikileaks.

But he is claiming that there are yet to be published parts of the ‘cablegate’ archive that indeed reference UFO’s.

Is it a desperate ploy to tap into a vital part of the conspiracy community for additional support and publicity or is Assange really sitting on something?

Too early to tell, but I think it’s safe to say many people will be highly disappointed if he is in possession of such material and doesn’t release it or he turns out to be bluffing.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Looking at the programmed release of the diplomatic cables, it's hard to avoid the gut feeling that there are a few really large turds hidden within the punchbowl.

It's just a feeling, and an opinion based on nothing more that instinct, but thats just how it feels to me.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tholidor
Looking at the programmed release of the diplomatic cables, it's hard to avoid the gut feeling that there are a few really large turds hidden within the punchbowl.

It's just a feeling, and an opinion based on nothing more that instinct, but thats just how it feels to me.

I would think in all those diplomatic cables that there would be 'some' references to UFO sightings, since there are in fact unidentified flying objects in the skies fairly frequently.

As to whether there is a smoking gun there or not, that really details something like proof of an off world origin or not is something I guess we won't know unless these cables turn out to be something real, and something Wiki decides to release.

It's almost as if he is trying to play a reverse role on terror right now to terrorize the government.

Considering our huge military and dimplomatic presence in so many nations throughout the world, it would seem to me, that it would be hard for even the head of the State Department or Pentagon to really know what all is out there being shot back and forth.

This might make the fear factor more palpable to the government, and assange might be trying to play on that.

I think time will tell.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I love how Assange never actually directly said anything about publishing files on extraterrestrials and yet The Daily Mail boldly states that he did.
The lengths they'll go to...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

This is something I am interested in hearing about..

What is the delay, hate these teases, just do it already.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Its like this. We know they exist they know they exist because I doubt all of us are naive enough to think they don't and not to mention that they have back engineered "star visitor" technologies since the 1960's at the latest. Its about time some one got a hold of the truth, maybe now we can start moving towards NWO and space colonization.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by The Empty Skies

Actually no he did make overt reference:

But he said: ‘It is worth noting that in yet-to-be-published parts of the cablegate archive there are indeed references to UFOs.’

www.dailymail.co.uk...

It's a very long article so it's probably easy to miss as it touches on a number of different aspects of the assange story.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tholidor

I am sure there are, and many of us aren't actually aware of the true significance of some of this stuff.

second.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

But he didn't say he was going to release the UFO cables because his life was in danger and that is what the title implies. Also he says UFOs not aliens. There is a difference. The title is very misleading and that's why it's bad journalism.

edit on 6-12-2010 by righteyered because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Perhaps someone tried to make him fear for his life, but they won't get no one who is doing the right thing for the right purpose. And that's the way it is!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by righteyered

I don't disagree but that's how the article put it forth. My personal belief is that the media outlets are trying to milk Assange and Wiki for all the ratings and headlines they can get.

Assange is suggesting in the article something many members on ATS are interested in though, and that is UFO's.

So for what that is worth it appears to be some kind of admission on his part he is in possession of some information along those lines.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I don't doubt that he'll release the UFO stuff - I don't think he's been sitting on it deliberately, I expect the reason he's not released it yet is cos far from being a smoking gun - it's probably pretty mundane and not all that interesting and much on a par with the stuff that our govt released a short while back.

I think the really big shockers will come when he releases stuff on the banks...

peace
J

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I don't know what to think at this point, Proto. Assange, to me, has become the modern day Emmanuel Goldstein, and I just don't know if he is just another NWO pawn, or someone of great importance.

If his posturing has any merit, at all, then TPTB would be stupid to capture this man. If this "insurance" file has any merit or gems contained within, this could potentially have extremely damaging effects on the entire world.

The question begs itself: is this man the modern day "Robin Hood of information," or is he an NWO pawn in the fashion of Emmanuel Goldstein?

So many possibilities, and so little true answers. I'll be awaiting with bated breath, the results of this manhunt against Assange.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I doubt there is going to be a smoking gun or proof.
It'll more than likely be one ambassador saying to another that he saw a long object outside the airplane window on the way back home that looked like a UFO or something along those lines.
I much prefer to set my sights low on this particular subject than expect that Wikileaks is holding the absolute proof that is going to prove once for all that UFOs are what we think they are.

Julian didn't sound very interested in the whole subject really. I'm sure if he had something really substantial, he would've sounded more excited or convincing????? Just my thoughts.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The posts claiming that this is bad journalism are all right on point.

Mr. Assange's quote came in part of a web chat a few days back, there have only been about 100 threads on the same chat.

A chat user asks about ETs and Ufo's
His response was as follows:

Many weirdos email us about UFOs or how they discovered that they were the anti-christ whilst talking with their ex-wife at a garden party over a pot-plant. However, as yet they have not satisfied two of our publishing rules.
1) that the documents not be self-authored;
2) that they be original.
However, it is worth noting that in yet-to-be-published parts of the cablegate archive there are indeed references to UFOs.

He not only calls the chat user a 'weirdo' ut effectively calls all those with an interest in ufo's the same thing.
With that being said, note that he said the documents that they have do not meet publishing criteria, meaning the docs he has were written by the person submitting them, or they are not original in context. Nowhere does he promise anything, or even admit that the docs he has are authentic 'proof' of anything

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Get a lot of "Big Promises" with no result's on this topic every time someone claims to be willing to reveal the truth about extraterrestrial life and UFOs true existence, but then get nothing.
"Who knows, with the dirty laundry that Asange has been leaking and jeopardizing world affair's as we know them, it may very well be possible"?
we will have to wait and see, "As Usual....."
Thanks for the OP.
S&F

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

If he said "flying saucers" I'd be on your side here, but I think he's just referring to unidentified crafts of terrestrial origin, such as spy planes, bombers, etc.
Of course if I'm wrong then I'd be delighted and apologise for ever doubting you, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by skjalddis
I don't doubt that he'll release the UFO stuff - I don't think he's been sitting on it deliberately, I expect the reason he's not released it yet is cos far from being a smoking gun - it's probably pretty mundane and not all that interesting and much on a par with the stuff that our govt released a short while back.

I think the really big shockers will come when he releases stuff on the banks...

peace
J

I would love to see what he releases on the banks. We have been doing some incredible research on the banking system in the All Roads Lead to Rome thread.

It would be interesting to see what kind of releases he makes on the banks and how it fits into what we have uncovered there.

I too doubt there is anything sizzling in diplomatic cables regarding UFOs but of course one never knows until one sees things.

I try to keep an open mind when and where ever possible.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Honestly I shouldn't get my hopes up either. It's just it would be nice to see some type of proof instead of watching them lie through there teeth about the "star visitors" and the technologies they have obtained from them. I don't mean to get of topic. I think Assange is targeting the more political scandal side of things rather then a giant ET cover up obviously.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Empty Skies

If he said "flying saucers" I'd be on your side here, but I think he's just referring to unidentified crafts of terrestrial origin, such as spy planes, bombers, etc.
Of course if I'm wrong then I'd be delighted and apologise for ever doubting you, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Oh these aren't anything per say of 'mine' I am frankly pretty skeptical when it comes to UFO's and alien presence here on terra firma.

It's something I have yet to self evidence, and while I keep an open mind and reserve judgement on it, I haven't seen anything myself that proves these things to me.

I am just putting the story out there for people to judge it themselves.

I think if you read the opening piece I am clearly questioning what Assange may or may not have, and his motives for suggesting it.

Thanks.

<<   2 >>

join