It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Director Woolsey tells Steven Greer he's a liar in 1999 letter

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Oh is it? Sure he was taken seriously until he started his whole greedy money grab

And still gets taken seriously today. In case you haven't noticed he's still getting his rock-star treatment, still does his big lectures, gets to be in all the big UFO documentaries, gets to be an honored speaker at all the big UFO and exopolitics events, people still paying $1000 to go camp out with him in the desert, etc etc...... and that's IN SPITE OF all the mistakes he's made over the years and the stupid moth picture and all the silly things he's said and written in his books.

He's not taken seriously here on ATS and other skeptic sites, but like it or not he still gets his rock-star treatment everywhere else.....

So why would he want to waste countless hours of his time and energy battling it out with the attack-skeptics in here, when he can enjoy his rock-star treatment elsewhere instead?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cupocoffee

Originally posted by The Shrike

And for all of those replying that their opinion is that Greer and co. were invited to sit with Woolsey and co., it is stated in the letter that they were seated together. It doesn't say they were invited together. When you're invited to a dinner you may not have any idea who you're going to be seating next to.

And to the same people, keep in mind the recent news of a couple inviting themselves to the White House and they were photographed with the POTUS.

When someone says "None of this is accurate" it's just a polite way of saying "You lied" as others with a better understanding of the intent have pointed out.

Greer claims that it was intended to be a briefing all along and the whole "dinner" thing was a cover story.

Woolsey ADMITS to having dinner with Greer but says they just happened to be seated together at a dinner party.

Well, gee, whose story makes more sense? If anything, it seems more like Woolsey is lying.

As for "understanding the intent", I understand it very well. The intent was to publicly deny that Greer briefed Woolsey and publicly distance themselves from Greer. Because Greer was not discrete about the meeting but instead went all around the country loudly bragging about it at lectures and writing about it in his books, etc etc.

Where does anyone get idea that Greer has the knowledge to debrief anyone? He's just a guy who's interested in UFOs, alleged aliens, UFO information and that's it. He has no special knowledge about UFOs, alleged aliens, or UFO information. He doesn't "debrief", he simply talks to people and probably asks questions that he knows won't be answered because those he's asking probably see him as a flea on a dog's back. What person of authority would waste their time on this flake?

Greer "debrief" Woolsey?
Give me a break.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Have you actually read any of his books or briefing documents?

In fact he has quite a lot of documents and information.

Again, moth picture and all the other silliness aside, the man did somehow manage to get access to a whole tonne of government documents and things. That is fact - they're in his first two books.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
(snip)
This is what I mean. This is off topic but an example of refusing to engage with what is being discussed. The meeting still happened. Greer was obviously taken seriously in important circles to be even sat at the table...

More unsupported misconceptions. Years ago when Giuliani was mayor of NYC, he used to dine at Tony's Di Napoli, an family-type Italian restaurant on 2nd Ave. & 83rd St. That was also our favorite restaurant and one night, because the main 3 rooms were full we were ushered into a smaller room. Well, lo and behold, Giuliani and his cohorts walked right past our table and sat just a few feet away from us. If I hadn't been with my wife's family I would have stood up and given him a "Heil" salute because I couldn't stand the loudmouth but I had to control myself.

So, do you think that we were seated so closely on purpose or by accident? I could have walked a few feet, introduced myself and asked Giuliani if he needed to be "debriefed" about whatever and depending on what I reported to the public he could have written me a similar letter as Woolsey wrote to Greer. The event may not be 100% similar but we were in the same small room.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
You echo my comments earlier in the thread. There are hugely important whistle blowers whose stories are ignored. Where are you Greer?

Not here, that's for sure!

Don't worry about him though. The whole "Disclosure" movement is progressing nicely, whether people think Greer is credible or not. There was the big UFO press conference on CNN, there are major announcements on the "Free Energy" front regularly, there are major grassroots movements to root out all the corruption in governments and restore constitutional law, etc etc.

In fact, there's SO much happening right now, that I don't really understand the need to go back to Greer stuff from 10 years ago...?

I wish I could dream like you! "Major grassroots movements to root out all the corruption in governments..."? Only if the natives storm the bastille is there a possibility of the present (and future) U.S. gov't being replaced by a gov't better tuned to the peoples' needs. Disclosure? Don't hold your breath, it'll never happen. And if it were to happen, how do you know that what will be "disclosed" is the truth as perceived by those rooting for it? Constitutional law? It's been replaced!

Walk a straight and narrow path and you'll never have to worry about your life being turned inside out. Go against the elected "representatives" and your future may not exist.

And don't be naive enough to think that the possible occupants of UFOs will give one whit about humans. It's too late for us freedom lovers.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

reply to post by The Shrike

Have you actually read any of his books or briefing documents?

In fact he has quite a lot of documents and information.

Again, moth picture and all the other silliness aside, the man did somehow manage to get access to a whole tonne of government documents and things. That is fact - they're in his first two books.

I'll be honest with you, I have not read any of his books or briefing documents. But I have seen the videos, I have read extensively about him and everybody comes to the same conclusions about him. Even here he is not liked or respected except by a few who are "blind" and think he's the cat's pajamas or the cat's meow. As if he were a special person and had somehow acquired the kind of information that probably doesn't really exist because if it did, he'd be the last person to acquire it.

I'm one of those who doesn't accept claims that the U.S. and other governments have secret data about UFOs and aliens. No one anywhere acts as if they're keeping such secrets and our technology keeps arriving from simple hard work and no alien reverse engineering and no captured craft and aliens. That's all fantasy and wishful thinking.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I wish I could dream like you! "Major grassroots movements to root out all the corruption in governments..."? Only if the natives storm the bastille is there a possibility of the present (and future) U.S. gov't being replaced by a gov't better tuned to the peoples' needs.

Major grassroots movement to restore constitutional law and create a government better tuned to the peoples' needs:

www.republicfortheunitedstates.org...
www.ustream.tv...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I'll be honest with you, I have not read any of his books or briefing documents. But I have seen the videos, I have read extensively about him and everybody comes to the same conclusions about him. Even here he is not liked or respected except by a few who are "blind" and think he's the cat's pajamas or the cat's meow.

So, basically you just believe what everyone around here tells you to believe? Good boy!

Well, I actually have all his books, and have read them, and seen the documents and things in them. So my opinion is somewhat different from yours due to simply having done more research and being more educated.

The man has plenty of documents and evidence, that is fact.

A lot of people think his CSETI group is total BS, and that's fine. But his Disclosure Project and Orion Project stuff is very serious, I know it is.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Where does anyone get idea that Greer has the knowledge to debrief anyone? He's just a guy who's interested in UFOs, alleged aliens, UFO information and that's it.

Greer demonstrably has high level contacts and sources.

Originally posted by The ShrikeWhat person of authority would waste their time on this flake?

Apparently the director of the defense intelligence agency had time for him. Greer claims he had the reality of ET visitations confirmed to him. Edgar Mitchell was there also, and backed up Greer's claim.

Originally posted by The ShrikeGreer "debrief" Woolsey?
Give me a break.

You think the director of the CIA really "knows" where all the bodies are buried ? It's a political appointment. You keep going back to the theory that this dinner party meeting was a coincidence. Naive.

I'm one of those who doesn't accept claims that the U.S. and other governments have secret data about UFOs and aliens. No one anywhere acts as if they're keeping such secrets

You are grossly misinformed. It's a fact the US Government treats the subject of UFOs as a national security item, and has gone to court to maintain the secrecy of UFO data. CAUS vs NSA ?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The biggest issue I have with Greer is his enormous ego. This personality trait alone may cause "people in the know" to distance themselves from him. Even if he is given privy information, the first thing he does is jump up and down and point at himself in the mirror. I believe that Greer's overall concept of disclosure is a good idea, however the only thing that Greer seems to care about the most, is Greer. His ego can only be taken for short periods of time and then in limited bursts. I feel that anyone with information would go nowhere near this man as he is known not to keep sources confidential, to say the least.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by splint
If anything, this gives Greer more credit.

Don't worry about him though. The whole "Disclosure" movement is progressing nicely...

Only in politics and UFOlogy are lies seen to give people more credit and being consistently wrong is seen as "progress". Piety is more important than results.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

What do you mean by "consistently wrong"?

I see UFOs being taken seriously by the media more and more all the time, I see all kinds of governments releasing UFO files, I see "free energy" developments and announcements happening regularly.....

Look at everything that's happening in the world, and not just what's being said by Greer or posted on his websites, that's all I'm saying.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Right and in all reality all of the education in the world will not help you if you dont use your inner sense and your common sense. They were most likely testing him to see if he would turn and tell.

Had he used his senses to simply wait it out and remain silent for a bit the time would come when all could have been disclosed to the public but he probably blew it by rushing the process.

In all reality what he thought was a debriefing was simply a test and he failed, so the info could have been disinfo or real but now we will never know.

There are so many more people who they can test, people with much less book knowledge and a hell of a lot more internal sense, so hopefully he did not accidentally hurt the forward push for public disclosure.

This now makes me know that Woolsey has inside knowledge of the Alien presence. I went through a period a few years back where I was keenly listening to Woolsey because of a hunch, that he is in the know and has the ability to even make suggestions to the ones who hold the real power.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden

Originally posted by The ShrikeWhat person of authority would waste their time on this flake?

Apparently the director of the defense intelligence agency had time for him. Greer claims he had the reality of ET visitations confirmed to him. Edgar Mitchell was there also, and backed up Greer's claim.

Mitchell asked Greer to stop using his name with the Disclosure Project.

Greer is a phony. I have been following this guy for years. He makes wild and exaggerated claims and can't provide the evidence to back up said claims when confronted,

Claims such as simple dinner party being suddenly transformed into an important "Briefing" with the Head of the CIA. But he somehow leaves out the context of the dinner party/social aspect which tends to impress upon the more gullible people that this was big important meeting rather than a social event. For Wooslsey and three other people who were there to send that letter calls Greer's integrity out big time.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst

Claims such as simple dinner party being suddenly transformed into an important "Briefing" with the Head of the CIA. But he somehow leaves out the context of the dinner party/social aspect which tends to impress upon the more gullible people that this was big important meeting rather than a social event. For Wooslsey and three other people who were there to send that letter calls Greer's integrity out big time.

Okay, so what was the context of the "dinner party" then? What was the social event? What was the purpose of it? When was it? Where was it? Who organized and hosted it? Who else was there?

See, all the critics and debunkers always go "of course it was just a dinner party. Greer and Woolsey just happened to be seated together at it" - and yet they can never provide any more information about that dinner party. What was the purpose of the dinner party? Who hosted it? Why were Greer and Woolsey both there?

Until you can provide us more information about this supposed "dinner party", I say the "dinner party" is the lie/cover story and Greer's story of the private briefing is the truth....

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

What do you mean by "consistently wrong"?

Name one thing Greer has been right about. Simple as that. Not something that has to be twisted, stretched and looked at sideways but something that is irrevocably right.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Here´s what some other CIA directors and staff have said about the UFO subject in general:

"It is time for the truth to be brought out in open Congressional hearings. Behind the scenes high ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about the UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe the unknown flying objects are nonsense."
Admiral Hillenkoetter-the first Director of the CIA, 1947-50.
February 27, 1960.

"Maximum security exists concerning the subject of UFOs."
CIA Director, Allen Dulles, 1955.

"The Central Intelligence Agency has reviewed the current situation concerning unidentified flying objects which have created extensive speculation in the press and have been the subject of concern to Government organizations... Since 1947, approximately 2,000 official reports of sightings have been received and of these, about 20% are as yet unexplained."
"It is my view that this situation has possible implications for our national security which transcend the interests of a single service. A broader, coordinated effort should be initiated to develop a firm scientific understanding of the several phenomena which apparently are involved in these reports..." (1952 memorandum to the National Security Council.)
General Walter Bedell Smith, Director of the CIA from 1950-53

"Sightings of unexplained objects at great altitude and traveling at high speeds in the vicinity of major US defense installations are of such nature that they are not attributable to natural phenomena or known types of aerial vehicles."
Dr .H Marshall Chadwell, former assistant director of the CIA's Office of Scientific Intelligence, in a December, 1952 memo to then-director of the CIA, General Walter B. Smith

link

As for Mr Greer - I agree his credibility isn´t too hot but as one poster has already pointed out, the UFO incidents (and government documentation) featured in the Disclosure Project briefing document are very interesting indeed.

The DP UFO Briefing document

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

Name one thing Greer has been right about. Simple as that. Not something that has to be twisted, stretched and looked at sideways but something that is irrevocably right.

He is right about the truth embargo on UFOs and ETs, the testimony and evidence provided by all his witnesses establish that.

For many years he has been talking about the "shadow government" - a secret trans-national government hidden within the governments, also often called the "NWO", "Cabal", "Illuminati" etc. He is also right about that. The evidence is all over ATS and many other sites.

He is right about advanced energy and propulsion technologies being suppressed. Some basic research into alternative energy will reveal that there's all sorts of technology already extant that could replace coal, oil and nuclear power; but the governments simply don't bother to roll it out. Thorium, for instance.

Greer really is quite a knowledgeable person and he is right on the ball about a lot of things; so it's really too bad that he sometimes does these dumb things and shoots himself in the foot by claiming to levitate, etc etc.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Okay, so what was the context of the "dinner party" then? What was the social event? What was the purpose of it? When was it? Where was it? Who organized and hosted it? Who else was there?

See, all the critics and debunkers always go "of course it was just a dinner party. Greer and Woolsey just happened to be seated together at it" - and yet they can never provide any more information about that dinner party. What was the purpose of the dinner party? Who hosted it? Why were Greer and Woolsey both there?

Until you can provide us more information about this supposed "dinner party", I say the "dinner party" is the lie/cover story and Greer's story of the private briefing is the truth....

I still can't believe people will stick up for Greer.

Why were Greer and Woosley both there? It was a social visit. Woosley and three other people who were there said so. I've been to many dinners with people I've never met before. Bet you've been too.

The burden of proof is upon Greer, not me. I'm not the one making the claims and why did Former NASA Astronaut Edgar Mitchell ask to have his name removed from anything to do with Greer's Disclosure Project?
That letter Woosley sent has four people essentially calling Greer a liar. And wouldn't you think a "Briefing" would have taken place at a CIA office rather than over a dinner table during a meal?

Let's get one thing straight, I'm not a debunker. I like the basic idea of the disclosure project. But I've had it with con men and egotists like Greer who make their claims without proof.

Greer has done this other times. He went around saying a few years back that he was in the process of securing an actual Zero Point energy device, which would have been monumental if true. It wasn't. He suddenly went quiet about it and gave some dramatic explanation that made little to no sense.

There are entire threads dedicated to exposing this guy for the drama-queen fraud he is. Just do a search. And George Noory won't even have Greer on his radio show anymore. That says a lot right there being that George is probably the most tolerant host on radio today.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I still can't believe people will stick up for Greer.

Why were Greer and Woosley both there? It was a social visit. Woosley and three other people who were there said so. I've been to many dinners with people I've never met before. Bet you've been too.

Wow, way to not answer any of my questions. What was the nature and purpose of this "dinner party"? Who organized and hosted it? When was it? Where was it? Why were Greer and Woolsey both there?

I still can't believe everyone just automatically believes Woolsey's side of the story, even though he has provided NO information about this alleged "dinner party" other than that the six of them were all there; oh and he was also the Director of the Cocaine Importing Agency / Al-CIAda.........

Why is a sitting Director of the Cocaine Importing Agency automatically more honest and moral than Greer, I wonder?

The burden of proof is upon Greer, not me.

And how would he prove it? Film the meeting and post it on Youtube?

I really don't think the CIA rolls that way......

I'm not the one making the claims and why did Former NASA Astronaut Edgar Mitchell ask to have his name removed from anything to do with Greer's Disclosure Project?

I don't know. The two of them seem to have had some kind of personal falling-out. And yet Edgar Mitchell still says a lot of the same things that Greer says.

That letter Woosley sent has four people essentially calling Greer a liar.

So what? People can put lies in writing and even affix their signatures to those lies, you know. I don't know about you but It's happened to me before!

Anyway, I understand why these four people did this. Because Greer was not discrete about the meeting but instead went around bragging about it to the entire world and using it to make himself look important. I already explained that. They didn't like it that Greer was so public about the meeting, so they gave him a little slap on the wrist.

Greer has done this other times. He went around saying a few years back that he was in the process of securing an actual Zero Point energy device, which would have been monumental if true. It wasn't. He suddenly went quiet about it and gave some dramatic explanation that made little to no sense.

I do think there are at least a few groups that have real free energy technology. Bedini and his supporters, the Alperen group.... But Greer never mentions them, so my guess is that they simply decided not to work with Greer and his people.

I know Greer was hoping that he would be the one leading the Free Energy disclosure again, with another big National Press Club conference and all that. But it looks like Bedini and others are leading the charge instead.

Which is great, I don't really care if it's Greer or someone else that gets it done, as long as it gets done, know what I mean?

There are entire threads dedicated to exposing this guy for the drama-queen fraud he is. Just do a search.

I'm well aware of all the other Greer threads. And it's always the same thing - Woolsey letter, moth picture, $1000 entrance fee, Non-Disclosure Agreement. People just focus on all the most negative evidence, while ignoring all the positive.

All I'm trying to do here is provide a bit more of a balanced view. Yes there is a lot of evidence against Greer - but there is also a lot of positive evidence.

Egotistical? Yes, definitely. Drama-queen? Yes. Saviour-complex? Absolutely. But he is not a con man or fraud. He has a good heart and the most positive intentions for humanity and for the Earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join