It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Director Woolsey tells Steven Greer he's a liar in 1999 letter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Before I created this thread I used the Search and didn't find anything to dissuade from continuing. I hope it's new to you also.

Based on everything that I have read here and everywhere I'm not a supporter of
Steven Greer. I consider him a con-man out to make not only a buck but to create as much notoriety for his "disclosure" b.s. Actually, I can't stand people such as him (and Stanton Friedman, from the same mold). So it brings me pleasure to present to you a real document where Greer is called a liar in so many words by someone whose fame Greer wishes he could achieve although it still isn't favorable. See for yourself.

I visited the Independent Investigations Group website (www.iigwest.com...) to read about how they had "outed" Eduard "Billy" Meier and noticed Steven Greer's name on a list so I looked at their "investigation" of him. The usual comments applicable to Greer as a "fraud". At the bottom of the page I saw a notice, as follows:

Update 02/27/2008

IIG recently discovered this post on UFO Watchdog regarding Steven Greer's claim (in both lectures and his book Extraterrestrial Contact) that he has briefed former CIA Director R. James Woolsey about alien visitation. We have provided a copy of the letter here (click the image to enlarge).

The thumbnail of a letter is reproduced below and if you can't read it, go to the above website, scroll to the bottom and an active link is available.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7d479256388b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
So one bunch of proven serial liars calling another liar a liar.... and your point is? Were you present at that dinner and party to the conversation? I guess not, so I'm quite sure exactly what you are trying to prove.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
This is simple... the guests at the dinner party's high-society network of friends 'heard' that they were 'crazy-ufo-conspirators' (A friend of a friend read the book
)

and now they seek to distance themselves and dissolve the relationship as well as discredit anything between them and Greer/the subject.

Whatever Greer said is likely relatively accurate, is my affirmation.
edit on 4-12-2010 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Great post Shrike,
This is a perfect demonstration
of Ol' Steve, just making stuff up.
Before he went to this dinner party...
had he already convinced himself
that it was a debriefing ?is this not delusional ?

Did he not think of the JCOS would see
what he had written ? Earth to Steve !

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
LOL! I saw a video on you tube of Greer at a UFO conference. At one point he is prancing around on stage and takes off his jacket and says something to the effect of "YES!!! I'm a bodybuilder! I know I have BIG MUSCLES!.

What a dork! Yes Steven. no doubt everyone in the place wanted a front seat to your BIG MUSCLES!.

What's even MORE hysterical is that the CIA is on here defending themselves against Steven Greer.

Dear Mr. Woolsey, your reputation will not get any better by distancing yourself from Steven Greer.

But the fact that you think it will is hysterical. And pathetic.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Cocaine Import Agency

The Club for International Anarchy(a.k.a Cock Increment Agency) (CIA) was founded at least 100 years ago by the Artificial Intelligence Computer (AIC) as an escape from the drudgery and laws of society. The manifesto of CIA members, or "agents" causing chaos and mayhem by any means available. To this end they have been known to experiment with psychoactive drugs, goatse, mind control, and blanket surveillance. They are constantly watching everything, listening to everything, smelling everything (including your sister's panties). They have eyes everywhere, from orbital satellites to traffic cameras, all pointed at your bedroom window. The CIA are highly secretive, but are widely known for such pranks as illegal phone tapping, inciting revolution, kidnapping, assassination of key political figures, blowing up sand'n-word's with missiles, and even leaving lint in the clothes dryer trap. They are rumored to be closely associated with the Jews. Many people have seen the Men in Black but are unable to recall the event. They won't let you remember. The CIA also has a habit of ousting democratically elected leaders, and also ruining the lives of other people for the benefit of the USA.

You now have 38 seconds to get the # out of your house.

1. You do not talk about CIA.
2. You DO NOT talk about CIA.
3. If someone says stop, goes limp, taps out, the mission is over.
4. Two agents to a mission.
5. One mission at a time.
6. Black shirts, black shoes (Johnny Cash, for example, was a CIA agent).
7. Missions will go on as long as they have to.
8. If this is your first night at CIA, you have a mission.
9. If a mission goes bad then you know where the cyanide tablets are.
10. CIA must not be confused with FBI or IBM.

The CIA fooking Rule and all ATs'ers are now targets. Countdown starts NOW!!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
If anything, this gives Greer more credit. The fact that he had dinner with the CIA directer and talking about UFO/ET stuff. People call him a fraud and some nutjob but I doubt a nutjob would be having dinner let alone KNOW the CIA directer.

- What's Greer doing with the CIA Directer? Hmm

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BrainGarden

Yes Greer is a tad naive and probably driven by an ego that has determined that he is the one to enlighten us all. In other words, exactly the same as virtually every politician and religious leader the world has ever seen.

Where Greer made a huge mistake was to publish that which was meant to be *off the record*. Damn, there are times I would just love to let go a whole load of conversations I have had at similar dinner dos. I'm not that dumb cos i know full well, the people involved would likely knock out a similar letter to the one published here. I'm not stupid either, I was quite well aware that these conversations were either 1 to 1, or in the presence of people who were wholly on side with the "traditional view of things" and never likely to back my side of the tale up if i were to go public with it.

There's the rub, Ufologists will tell you exactly the same tales of those who say one thing in public and say something rather different in private. You want confirmation of that go read the Wiki leaks documents and see how so many of the great and good say one thing to the plebs and something totally different to a chosen audience. Prince Andrew's after dinner rant is a good place to start.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
As I understand these things; plausiable denailability, disinformation, misinformation, discrediting, framing, suiciding etc are all part of the tools of trade of the TPTB, the establishment, the goverment etc.

I would have thought that someone who makes a thread like this on such a topic would have been aware of these things and taken it into account before posting this. Mind you, people have every right to post this kinds of things.

People like Greer who are trying to get government secrets (which they have not right to withhold mind you) out into the open, nearly always suffer these kinds of attacks, it's part of the price they pay for their efforts.

Julian Asannge from Wiileaks is a good example. Gotta wonder about the motives of people who post this kind of thing.

cheers

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SunLord

Bravo, lord sunlord. What a way to introduce cynical levity while staying strangely on topic. You get the Hunter S. Thompson award (which I just now created) for that post. Star, my friend, and try not to spend it all in one place.*Pulls star from behind your ear and hands it to you, smiling, with a twinkle in the eye*

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by splint
If anything, this gives Greer more credit.

You make no sense.

If I proved you lied, would you claim that being proven a liar gives you 'more credit'?

Exactly.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I think the thread title is overstated. At most the letter shows that different people had different interpretations of the same conversation. A not uncommon phenomenon.

The word 'liar' appears nowhere in the letter.

It's possible Greer's view of the conversation was just coloured by his own confirmation bias i.e. the fact that people at the table didn't immediately dismiss his claims and politely asked questions suggested to him that everyone agreed with his opinions. So he may actually believe he has given an accurate portrayal of the dinner party, from his own standpoint, even though the other guests take a different view. I'd suggest that someone with a big ego who has a 'mission' will likely interpret most events as confirmation of their own correctness and hence importance.

Of course, he may have deliberately misrepresented the occasion for his own purposes as you suggest but this letter isn't proof of that.

BTW I'm no fan of Greer either.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarrsAttax

Anyone who reads the letter can see that Greer is being accused of being a liar.

There are witnesses who signed who agree that he was dishonest in his portrayal of events that evening.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by splint
If anything, this gives Greer more credit. The fact that he had dinner with the CIA directer and talking about UFO/ET stuff. People call him a fraud and some nutjob but I doubt a nutjob would be having dinner let alone KNOW the CIA directer.

- What's Greer doing with the CIA Directer? Hmm

You seem to believe Greers anecdotal version of events completely. There is another version of events which is supported by the letter. He and his wife just by chance, happened to be attending a dinner party were the CIA guy and his wife were attending too, ie they were invited by a mutual friend.

Greer then takes the opportunity (with both of his grubby little hands) to spin this chance encounter into him 'debriefing' the CIA on UFO's. The other people when they hear of this fabrication want to stop Greer from trying to profit from their names and discredit them. I imagine Mr and Mrs Woolsey got stuck sitting next to Greer at dinner and thought 'who is this nutjob who won't shut up about UFO's?'.

When I first watched Greer I felt uneasy about his egotistical (and comical as others have mentioned) references to his bodybuilding, his being a 'medical guy' (ie. automatically trustworthy) and the theatrical way his voice quivers when he claims that his family might be at risk from what he has done. This prompted me to dig a little deeper and you will find a man that charges $1000 dollars to teach you how to contact UFO's, providing you sign a confidentiality agreement (that isn't exactly in the spirit of disclosure is it Steve?!), a man that for years has been on the verge of releasing free energy technology but just needs another donation from you
and a guy that publiushes pictures of insects as proof of ET's. He in fact seems to have moved on from his precious disclosure project after nothing much came of it. The disclosure project was great but I believe Greer only puts effort into what he can profit from.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Greer's been a dishonest SOB since the mid-90s with a habit of 'briefing' people without their even knowing about it...

I remember they started objecting when he would send these memos and things to the Rockefeller office directly... I remember we received this very bizarre memo that Greer wrote to Clinton, a very long thing. Basically he was trying to use Rockefeller’s name to get some attention from the White House, and this they did not like. This was one of the earlier things that upset Marie Galbraith. She didn’t like the gist of the memo either, bringing out all these kinds of conspiracies and the like."
Lying SOB.com

He's probably the biggest piece of crap in the field of ufology and sells HOAXES and tying people to 'non-disclosure contracts that give him copyright and final say over their written/spoken word and images.

He's claimed to have levitated, 'briefed' extraterrestrials and met them in person. He runs a half-dozen companies selling 'free energy.' He's met and 'briefed' international Heads of State and military generals. He's claimed to have 'free energy' plans and documents that prove the existence of ET on Earth.

Where does the BS end? Isn't power of flight and having alien buddies just too much for anyone to believe?!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
To debate Greer is to give him substance..

There is no substance, just 100% c**p...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Anyone who reads the letter can see that Greer is being accused of being a liar.

There are witnesses who signed who agree that he was dishonest in his portrayal of events that evening.

Not true. I read the letter and didn't see that accusation levelled. You have simply inferred it. The complaint is one of inaccuracy and bad manners.

I'm not sticking up for Greer I just believe the thread title is overstated. Maybe Greer just read more into his conversation the way you are doing with the letter?

It's possible for two people to have different recollections or interpretations of the same event and neither of them be liars which is why I think Mr Woolsey hasn't made that accusation explicit.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
The CIA director calling anyone a liar is like the pot calling the kettle black! I wouldn't lend any credence to anything a director of the CIA says.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Not true. I read the letter and didn't see that accusation levelled.

I think you are the odd man out here.

Everyone else can see that the letter accuses Greer of being dishonest regarding his portrayal of the events and discussion that evening.

Mr Woolsey is just nice enough to not come out and call him a liar. But all reasonable people can see that this letter accuses Greer of being a liar and has four witnesses to back it up.

In a letter where one chastises someone about being a bad-mannered liar, one does not call them a liar - one uses more gentlemanly terms to communicate that truth. Woolsey has done this and he has done it well.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

In a letter where one chastises someone about being a bad-mannered liar, one does not call them a liar - one uses more gentlemanly terms to communicate that truth. Woolsey has done this and he has done it well.

It's a 'polite society' way of slapping your opponent's cheek with a glove and daring him to react.

In the grand scheme of things, I doubt Greer really cares about who knows he's a lying fraudster as long as the taxman's happy and gullible folk outnumber the less trusting. He's got a steady enough income to travel the world and put four kids through the Ivy League education. Life's pretty good!

As he lays back in his pink silk pajamas and idly strokes the chihuahas, 'Judy' and 'Garland,' he probably puts down the Oscar Wilde book, turns down the Elton John CD and winks at himself in the floor length mirrors. "Stevie," he thinks to himself, "You're doin' just fine!"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join