It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very personal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I don't think I've turned into a genius from studying linguistics, or from writing lyrics. But one of my friends was thinking something like this...and I verbalized it. I said it to her as if it were a pre-emptive metaphorical strke. She agreed and said I was right. As if I had read her mind. And so I thank the gods and goddesses I'm not the guy from "Beautiful Mind"

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

what are asking ?? or saying ???

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
certainly nothing conspiracle about it...

whats the story rory?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Huh?
I don't get it.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

whats the story rory?

What's the story morning glory? wolf you must cease and desist with this avatar. please...or else I will not answer you again

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by adam76

what are asking ?? or saying ???

Well I've used embedded secret symbols...just kidding.

My friend was listening to me when I was telling her recently , all the things I've learned studying linguistics...and her look was like...well...she thought I was full of my self, with my new found knowledge. but it was funny. maybe one had to be there...but I vocalized exactly what she was thinking...almost verbatum...based solely on reading her facial expression.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Well maybe if you were doing this on a day to day basis you might be on to something, but if this is a one off thing it is no more than a coincidence. Even I have done this a few times over my life. Sometimes it is very easy to pick what a person is thinking or is about to say especially if you are looking for a certain reaction from the person.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Ultimately I'm glad the muse uses me to write lyrics...as opposed to having been a schizophrenic...and to sing and play. It's fine for this rant. OK.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09
Well maybe if you were doing this on a day to day basis you might be on to something, but if this is a one off thing it is no more than a coincidence. Even I have done this a few times over my life. Sometimes it is very easy to pick what a person is thinking or is about to say especially if you are looking for a certain reaction from the person.

I do this a lot. I've studied NLP and I study linguistics. I could even give Chomsky a run for his money.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I use this too,..only mine comes from having hundreds of people sit for portraits,..it's almost like i can read their countanance,.,.and based on the general look of the person i can finish their thoughts.
It pisses some people off i have to be careful in stranger conversations.
People have what it seems to me a general public line of common responces but this is alittle more detailed than those.
It's really bad with family as i know them better.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by human32826

I use this too,..only mine comes from having hundreds of people sit for portraits,..it's almost like i can read their countanance,.,.and based on the general look of the person i can finish their thoughts.
It pisses some people off i have to be careful in stranger conversations.
People have what it seems to me a general public line of common responces but this is alittle more detailed than those.
It's really bad with family as i know them better.

Hey, human, you really get what I mean here. I appreciate that. You are an artist like I am...perhaps the masses think all artists are wicked due to their intuition...you just made me wonder...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic

Originally posted by badw0lf

whats the story rory?

What's the story morning glory? wolf you must cease and desist with this avatar. please...or else I will not answer you again

Lol YOU FIRST!!

top topics

join