It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The First Nuclear War

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Secularist

*Snip*
OF COURSE Russia had something to do with Germany's defeat. That's the like the first thing you learn in history class, that Hitler's biggest mistake was to march into Russia in the summer, landing there in Winter and getting his ass handed to him there.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

16) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, libelous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

edit on 11/29/2010 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Sonar was indeed very important to the Allied victory in the Atlantic. That was in 1943.

So it's you that's speculating. Any historian will tell you that you're dead wrong. The Russians won more battles and killed more Germans than the other Allies combined. You're selling the USSR incredibly short. Sure Hitler defeated himself with awful decision making in the face of his Generals, but the Russians were the most decisive factor in the European theater. Again, any historian will state this. In fact, I would say its common knowledge. To say that Sonar was more influential to the Allied victory than the Eastern Front is basically ludicrous. Sonar doesn't win wars. It decidedly gives one a naval advantage. Having Russia on the Germany's Eastern front was not an advantage. It was the X factor. The game changer. The reason they lost the war.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

It's really fascinating to watch some of you Americans argue. You're not only ignorant as all hell, you're arrogant as all hell aswell...a bizarre childish arrogance.
It's cringeworthy.
Not all of course...
edit on 29-11-2010 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dude69

Thank you, Dude69 for also claiming that Secularist is basically out of his mind in thinking that Russia had little to no effect on the Nazi defeat. Lol, I swear I don't know where he came up with that one. He must have watched entirely too many Normandy movies. Super America defeated the Nazis all by themselves in only 10 months of being on European soil.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Don't sweat it...I'm no historybuff, but that's just common knowledge...yeah...and too much Team America

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
LMAO!!!! "Amerrricaaaaaa, F%&*K YEAH!" hahaha. Ah man you just made my day.

Team America is exactly who he is! Very sad.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dude69

It's really fascinating to watch some of you Americans argue. You're not only ignorant as all hell, you're arrogant as all hell aswell...a bizarre childish arrogance.
It's cringeworthy.
Not all of course...
edit on 29-11-2010 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

No, learn your history and less with the insulting.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
reply to post by dude69

Thank you, Dude69 for also claiming that Secularist is basically out of his mind in thinking that Russia had little to no effect on the Nazi defeat. Lol, I swear I don't know where he came up with that one. He must have watched entirely too many Normandy movies. Super America defeated the Nazis all by themselves in only 10 months of being on European soil.

Its history. Out of my mind? You are totally clueless.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Dude...I'm German and you're a complete idiot. There's a saying here...Sometimes...if you have no clue just shut the # up.
OF COURSE Russia had something to do with Germany's defeat. That's the like the first thing you learn in history class, that Hitler's biggest mistake was to march into Russia in the summer, landing there in Winter and getting his ass handed to him there.

You are German therefore you have some understanding of the war that took place that nobody else does? Sorry but if youre learning that America/Britain couldnt have defeated Germany without Russia then you are learning the wrong history. Technology defeated Hitler because without defeating Hitler in the Atlantic no war would have been fought in Europe against the Americans. It was the British/Americans that defeated Hitler in the Atlantic.

Do your research and stop stating opinions based merely on Hitler invading Russia. That you provide no support for your argument and all you do is call somebody an idiot shows how much understanding you have of the situation. If you knew anything about the war you wouldnt regurgitate something that everybody knows - Hitler lost in the USSR because it was winter... Youre totally clueless if you think that had ANYTHING to do with the defeat of Nazi Germany.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

That's just dumb. Look at Japanese culture before you make assumptions.
Its more of an honor thing in Japan than a shame thing in western culture
Do you have a source for your outlandish claims?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

reply to post by spinalremain

Don't sweat it...I'm no historybuff, but that's just common knowledge...yeah...and too much Team America

When people make an opinion based off of what they have only heard and not on what they know they make an ass of themselves. I urge you to go educate yourself on what led to the downfall of Germany. Without America/Britain defeating Germany in the Atlantic and cutting off Japan in the Pacific, then Russia would have been crushed by the Axis if not for America's presence in Europe. There is A LOT more behind it then "Germany invaded Russia in winter and got his ass handed to him there and therefore for that reason alone the credit to Germany losing the war goes to Russia". GO DO SOME RESEARCH before you make yourself look totally uneducated by saying something ridiculously absurd.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

And also you have the wrong idea. We wouldn't have won with out the combined force of all allies. Russia flooded the lines with bodies. Every other soldier was given a rifle and the others just a clip. If Hitler had just waited to invade Russia he probably would have won. Do your home work.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by beholdblight

And also you have the wrong idea. We wouldn't have won with out the combined force of all allies. Russia flooded the lines with bodies. Every other soldier was given a rifle and the others just a clip. If Hitler had just waited to invade Russia he probably would have won. Do your home work.

Are you kidding me? Wow.

www.uboataces.com...

End of discussion.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

You're argument about allies in the Atlantic is completely redundant. Germany wanted continental Europe; their navy was more interested in supporting land operations and the Africa campaign than used for assaulting Britain or the US. In fact, all winning the Atlantic battle produced for the allies was the ability to land troops into France to join the assault on Germany. The Soviets were gaining territory on land the whole time.

You speak of the technological importance. Sonar is nice and whatever, and radar helped too (didn't the Germans develop this?), but the T-35 Soviet tank had a much greater physical impact in the war (it outclassed anything the Germans could throw at them).

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Well In history class I was taught that Hitler decided to invade russia in winter and the russians just bunkered down while the nazis froze to death and then drove them off after the cold took all the fight out of em. Germany was trying to fight a war on two fronts and lost.

I would call that playing a role in germany's defeat. I'm sure the development of radar and sonar had a lot to do with it and I am real proud of that fact because my own grandfather was a military scientist who developed several forms of radar for the war effort in the pacific.

You guys are too stubborn. you are both right in some ways.

I also want to reply to the post calling americans arrogant and stupid. Look, you gotta understand that our education system is pathetic. Underfunded. Massively propagandized. The elite want us to be stupid so we can never challenge them. On top of that they poison all our food and water, the flouride in all our water supply causes brain damage and a sharp reduction in both intelligence and fertility. Again because the elite want us to be stupid and to stop breeding, and to die. The powers that be only care about military superiority and the DARPA life extension technology. See they plan to live forever but to enjoy immortality they need to be rid of us. the "useless eaters" as they put it. so if some of us are stupid, it's because they forced it on us. If education was free and people were healthy, you would be amazed at how great we could be. Once upon a time America was the land of the free, where if you studied and worked hard you could make something of yourself and create successful business and make the world a better place. That America no longer exists. America is just full of debt slaves, drugged and poisoned into a sort of zombie-like malaise, fed a constant barrage of mind control and disinformation. The powers that be have nearly destroyed us. I am ashamed that we don't rise up and slaughter the people who are behind this conspiracy. If I had superpowers I'd see to it myself that each one of those globalist eugenicist monsters had his own head pulled through his torso and out his own rectum. I'm just one man and I try to wake people up, every day, but I can only tell so many people in a day, and most wont believe a word of it because they are so caught in the spell, trapped in the big lie they force on us from the cradle to the grave.

As an American we have every right to be proud of our greatest generation. Call it arrogance if you like. I don't think it is unjustified. If America never existed imagine what the world would be like. Imagine all the inventions and advances and technology that would never have been invented if not for the USA.

Se we just need to restore the USA to what it once was.. No FED, no central banking, no fiat currency, only a solid gold backed dollar. No flouride or drugs in the water. No poisons added to the fields we grow food in, no GMO crops, No monopolies, no too big to fails, no slick wall street ponzi schemes. Break up the mega corporations and banksters and if they don't like it they can get the hell out of this country, go tyrannize the chinese, they love it. America is for freedom loving people. We just need to stand up and say god dammit we are in the united states of america and we have a constitution and a bill of rights for a reason. We need to show our 'leaders' that they work for us! THE PEOPLE!

argh! its so frustrating watching my country turn into a bug fat turd that's circling down the toilet. I just want to punch a TSA agent in the throat and set fire to his body scanner.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonystark
The doomsday clock had to move a few ticks.

IT actually moved back...
I made a thread on it and was beat up immediately by e-thugs

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The author left one glaring omission.

China initiates a massive assault on Taiwan.

There, fixed.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I just found this article, what do you all think of this?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DutchBigBoy

There was another Venga thread recently: www.abovetopsecret.com...
and a few other November prediction threads where she was mentioned.

But thanks for bringing the thread back on topic. I don't know how it's kept going after looking at the last couple of pages. Wish I hadn't clicked on this thread now.....

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DutchBigBoy

The baba vaanga prediction about world war 3 was a hoax according to someone close to her. It was not one of her predictions.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join