It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The condemned : Death row in Indonesia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This video is a look into Indonesia's Kerobokan prison with an interview with members of the infamous Bali 9, a group of young Australians who were caught smuggling heroin out of Indonesia in 2005.
Gives a good look in the prison with a reputation of a hellhole.Watch the video or read the transcript for a look at life behind the wire.

www.sbs.com.au...

www.sbs.com.au...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

I went to Bali in 1998 before you land you get an Indonesian government brochure explicitly stating the penalty for drugs in Indonesia is death,so you cant say they weren't warned.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
While I hate heroin etc, I feel the same way with these idiots as I do if someone murdered a family member, Id rather they rot in a cell than get the easy way out.

That said, yes they were warned & they did do it, I have no doubt about that, but my brother goes to Bali every couple of years & has done for about 20 years. Every single time he has been, even with my niece when she was a baby, the police pull them aside & insists on a bribe or they will get framed. Every time he has been (& I have no idea why he goes) he, his past & present wife, friends, all threatened with being set up if they dont pay the local police a bribe.

This has nothing do do with his appearance either, he is a suit wearing finance manager for a well known international company, clean cut etc. Maybe thats why it happens to him, he looks like he can afford it more than the average backpacker, not that he flashes it around either.

Im never going to Bali, but those heroin traffickers deserve life in a Bali prison, that has to be worse than death.

join