It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese turning to mental wards to break activists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Chinese turning to mental wards to break activists

www.msnbc.msn.com

"The police know that to arbitrarily detain someone is illegal," but mental wards are a different story.

LOUHE, China — Xu Lindong, a poor village farmer with close-cropped hair and a fourth-grade education, knew nothing but decades of backbreaking labor. Even at age 50, the rope of muscles on his arms bespoke a lifetime of hard plowing and harvesting in the fields of his native Henan Province.
But after four years locked up in Zhumadian Psychiatric Hospital, he was barely recognizable to his
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Chalk this up to being crazy enough to file a complaint against the Chinese Government in the first place.

It continues with:

“I was so heartbroken when I saw him I cannot describe it,” said his elder brother, Xu Linfu, recalling his first visit there, in 2007. “My brother was a strong as a bull. Now he looked like a hospital patient.”

Xu Lindong’s confinement in a locked mental ward was all the more notable, his brother says, for one extraordinary fact: he was not the least bit deranged. Angered by a dispute over land, he had merely filed a series of complaints against the local government. The government’s response was to draw up an order to commit him to a mental hospital — and then to forge his brother’s name on the signature line.

He was finally released in April, after six and a half years in Zhumadian and a second mental institution. In an interview, he said he had endured 54 electric-shock treatments, was repeatedly roped to his bed and was routinely injected with drugs powerful enough to make him swoon. Fearing he would be left permanently disabled, he said, he attempted suicide three times.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12-11-2010 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

China has a long history of human rights violations. I stopped purchasing Chinese made goods years ago after reading about the harvesting of prisoner organs. Read this article www.washingtontimes.com... If your are of a particular religious or spiritual persuasion in Chine your body parts are up for grabs.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Sounds like China is doing what we learned from them in the first place: how to break the human mind.

To discredit them going forward, claims of mental defect are made and then sanctioned by the state.

Like a page right out of the CIA.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This looks like a Soviet Union tactic.

They would do that kind of stuff...

The CIA does this but not openly like China is doing or the Soviet Union was doing.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
In the US it might be difficult to hositpalized people critical of the government but certainly, the US does OPENLY label people who are critical as crazy.

At least in China, people understand they aren't really crazy. In the US, the have 99% of the population fooled.

I think what the US does is almost worse.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The same thing happens in every country on earth, uk and usa included.

Why do we always get it happens in china and russia, yep it does, but it happens to in uk and usa.

Your neighbour can grass you up in uk and usa, and you could end up in a hospital, and not have anything wrong with you. The west is as bad as china, at least those in china know it.

You give out secrets in west you will find that the police and gov will target you. Or if you in military and give out secrets, they will target you and make sure you end up on streets.

Same everywhere, just that you people do not want to accept it.
edit on 11/12/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I claim the wrongs of my own country all of the time. We in the U.S actually have a higher incarceration rate than does China. But the difference you refuse to see is that our military and government agencies refrain from shooting those we disagree with in the head in order to harvest their organs for profit on the open market. What really makes me angry are the self centered indulgent fools that buy them thereby perpetuating the inhumanity.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
A sad story, the man was wronged ,maybe he will get compensation but suffer can not be redeemed by anything. The government really should reflect on their mistakes.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
China? I'm a critic of Canadian policies and my government has been trying to label me for awhile.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
It's standard procedure to label those who disagree with the Government as "mentally ill".

Doesn't matter what country you're in.

top topics

join