It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

oh look another thread about freemasonry

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

Well let me just say something quick first.. I am looking to get into freemasonry and I have already been interviewed and need to get the recommendation letters in now... I wonder if they will let me know if I am a worthy candidate and they will decide their next meeting? ANYWAYS why I'm posting...

I contacted one of my best friends from when I was kindergarden to write me a recommendation letter and he is Catholic, and he told me that the freemasons are anti-Catholic? Im obviously not going to make him write it but I read some philosophy in freemasonry of course on some christian anti freemasonry (sorry dont have the website handy) website and apparently you can't be a christian or catholic and be in freemasonry .
So is this true there are no Catholics and do you really hate Catholics? My response to him was: "Of course there are going to be masons or nonmasons that hate catholics. As far as I am aware of, freemasonry tolerates and respects all religions." So I hear you are automatically excommunicated from the Catholic church if you are a mason.

So this comes to a conclusion... It has been some sort of debate I suppose that America was founded as a christian nation... well from what I know so far that many of the founding fathers being masons that technically America was absolutely not a christian nation if christians and catholics completely shun freemasonry. I mean sure there were of course plenty of non mason founding fathers too.. I wonder how many christian..

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Contact me. I am part of the Kennett Square, PA Freemasons. It is not a scary secret society like almost all on ATS think it is. It is all about: Family, Values, and helping the fellow man. Who do you think had that highway built? How about that Hospital? Or perhaps the Fire Department?

I would be more than willing to interview you and then write a recommendation letter. Please understand if you are only joining so you can "dig up the truth about Masons", you will be met with a hostile crowd... A Fair warning my friend.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
According to Jewish historians, if you take the Jewish influence out of Masonry, you have nothing.

Here's a thread about how the Jewish people stared everything from Masons and Illuminati to the Catholic Church.

abovetopsecret.com...

However I have not heard that they discriminate against Christians of any kind.
edit on 10-11-2010 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverApologize

No need to have you write anything, thank you for offering though!, even though I don't know anyone at all who is a mason strangely enough (besides the worshipful master/secretary/committee members), yet I am interested. The lodge is accepting letters even if they are not mason.

Anyways, on topic, I came here to discuss freemason's hate for Catholics I guess. Since I think ATS does not like when people make general freemason type topics.
edit on 10-11-2010 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Well. If it helps to debunk that myth, I am Roman Catholic, born and raised. They take everyone but Muslims as far as I know.

Additional PUBLIC information:
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 10-11-2010 by NeverApologize because: Addition

My specific lodge:
121 Center Street
Kennett Square, PA 19348-3001
(610) 444-0251
edit on 10-11-2010 by NeverApologize because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

hahaha, everyone except muslims eh? Well here is the website I found that is in question:

www.scripturecatholic.com...

www.scripturecatholic.com...

I tried not to read much of it and just kinda skimmed through it, but determine what you must from it.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

You got it twisted around. Masons have nothing against Catholics. It's the Catholic church that's threatened to excommunicate any of its members who become Masons.

Masonry takes men of any faith.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

The Lodge that you petitioned should be keeping in contact with you, but the balloting process can take over a month depending on when they did the interview in respects to their next business meeting.

Freemasonry isn't anti-Catholic, the Papacy is anti-Masonic. Freemasonry would gladly accept a Catholic into its ranks, but that man would possibly face excommunication from the Church. Many anti-Masons say that you can't truly be Christian and a Freemason at the same time, but I find that they have no business judging men and yoru relationship with God is only between you and Him. Definitely do the research, but use credible sources to see both sides of the issue. There are plenty of members on here with a ton of knowledge of the Craft that are willing to answer questions. I'm sure they'll be on tomorrow and see this thread.

There were some Founders that were indeed Masons, but not all. Some have called America "the Great Masonic Experiment", but for the most part its speculation. There are some fantastic books out there on the subject of Freemasonry.

Best of luck.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Our Lodge takes all faiths and religions, including Muslims. If you are a man of good standing, you will be accepted. Religion is not an issue.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

My friend who is Muslim is thinking about joining, but he is waiting til I'm back in Idaho to take the degrees. I've also met Buddhists in Freemasonry.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I know that at least four of the masons who have posted up on ATS Secret society threads since yesterday were brought up Catholic (including myself, who was once an alter boy, and then a minister of the Eucharist), or still are Catholic.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeverApologize
reply to post by fordrew

Well. If it helps to debunk that myth, I am Roman Catholic, born and raised. They take everyone but Muslims as far as I know.

Make that five...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I am a confirmed Catholic and a mason. I stopped going to church quite some time ago and I never stopped to ask about what the church thought of my involvement. I have an idea. But I was never asked what religion I was in masonry. Only who I believe in.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Freemasonry accepts men of all faiths, including Roman Catholics and Muslims, as long as they meet the other qualifications, which includes a good moral character and respect for the rights of others to practice their own religion if different from their own.

The Roman Catholic Church, however, has declared that any Roman Catholic who is a member of Masonic bodies to be "in a state of grave sin", and may not receive communion.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Aye, so my initial statement to him was right then.

I am still not convinced though you fully understand what I am trying to say though.

If you are a true Catholic or even Christian, then your views are completely incompatible with principles of freemasonry.

Again, referencing back to www.scripturecatholic.com...
Coming to that conclusion of incompatibility.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

I would not say that true Catholicism or Christianity is incompatible with Freemasonry, but rather that fundamentalist Catholicism or Christianity is incompatible with Freemasonry.

From the site you linked to...

Freemasonry is incompatible with Christianity because it promotes indifferentism. Indifferentism is the heretical belief that all religions are equally legitimate attempts to explain the truth about God which, but for the truth of His existence, are unexplainable. Such a view makes all truths relative and holds that God can be equally pleased with truth and error. Because Christians believe that God has definitively revealed Himself in the person of Jesus Christ, and desires that all men come to the knowledge of this truth, indifferentism is incompatible with Christian faith. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me." (John 14:6).

In my opinion, the statement: ".Freemasonry....promotes.....[the] belief that all religions are equally legitimate attempts to explain the truth about God......" is valid, and if you have a problem with this belief, you should not become a Freemason.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus

In my opinion, the statement: ".Freemasonry....promotes.....[the] belief that all religions are equally legitimate attempts to explain the truth about God......" is valid, and if you have a problem with this belief, you should not become a Freemason.

I disagree that "Freemasonry promotes the belief that all religions are equally legitimate". Free masonry says nothing about any religion being legitimate or illegitimate. Quite obviously, some religions could be said to be more "accurate", while others could be said to be more superstitious in nature. But the Masonic fraternity says nothing about any of that.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew

If you are a true Catholic or even Christian, then your views are completely incompatible with principles of freemasonry.

If this is what you believe, then why are trying to become a Free Mason?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by fordrew

If this is what you believe, then why are trying to become a Free Mason?

I am not Catholic nor Christian, but I was born and raised a Catholic and that is why I am probing my interest.

So this discussion does not change anything. So basically the incompatibilities arise if you are a "fundamentalist" Catholic / Christian .

edit on 11-11-2010 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

"As a Freemason, let me recommend to your most serious contemplation the Volume of Sacred Law, charging you to consider it as the unerring standard of truth and justice and to regulate your actions by the divine precepts it contains."

~ Charge after initiation, UGLE Emulation Ritual.

Yes, Freemasonry does not state anywhere that all religions are equal attempts at the truth, but is it not implied in the charge?

In my interpretation, if the VSL is the unerring standard of truth, and it could be the Holy Book of the whatever religion of the Brother in question, then wouldn't this make the VSL of every religion carry equal weight?

edit on 11/11/2010 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join