It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Fox just said again they checked with Norad and the Militaries and they don't know what this was well, I think they better find out and fast. Northcom saying not from a foreign military.

IMO there has been some kind of failure here somewhere.

They way I see it, there is one of two choices.

A. Our military is totally incompetent. If a missile could be launched less than fifty miles from the second most populated city without the military knowing, they have failed at their primary job of protecting America.

B.Our military is lying and trying to cover-up something they don't feel we have the right to know.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
people, please relax!! it was a US military test fireing

heres how i know,

just above santa barbara is vandenberg AFB, from there to the mexican border there is,

vandenberg AFB

point magu NAS

camp pendalton MCS

miramar AFB

and the largest navy base on the west coast in sandiego

thats just along the coast, within 100 miles of the coast is

march AFB

edwards AFB

twenty nine palms MC training area

china lake NWS

what im getting at is this, if it was a russian, north korean, chinese, or any other "bad guys" submarine or ship all those bases would have been put on lockdown and alert aircraft would have been scrambled!!

my girlfriends family lives right next to march AFB, there are 5 alert F18s fueled and armed sitting on the tarmac 24/7 365 days a year, if they even start those planes her family can hear them, let alone there windows rattle everytime a plane takes off, an F18 can get to the spot where the missle was launched from march AFB in about 5-10 minutes. they heard NOTHING last night

SO LOGICALY IT WAS A COVERT UNITED STATES MILITARY TEST LAUNCH

relax and be safe people

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
San Nicolas Island
US NAVY

By David Kelly, Los Angeles Times

San Nicolas Island, Calif. -- Shrouded in secrecy, San Nicolas Island is a remote spit of land in a vast, shimmering sea. Some of the world's most sophisticated weapons are tested here, sometimes just a few hundred yards from where elephant seals trumpent in lagoons and island foxes trot through chapparal. Tomahawk, Harpoon, Sidewinders, and Sparrow Missiles routinely whiz overhead. Some skim in over the waves at 500 mph to clobber fake Scud launchers or dummy radar sites on shore. Because explosives are not used, workers dig the missiles out of sand dunes and use them again. Most of what happens on the island, about 75 miles southwest of Santa Monica, is top secret. The island, owned by the government since 1933, is a laboratory for the latest generation of weapons.

The testing area around San Nicolas is 36,000 square miles, enough air and ocean to accommodate the most powerful weapons. British, Norwegian, Japanese and Italian armed forces often conduct secret tests in and around the island. San Nicolas is 10 miles long and three miles wide and has a 10,000-foot runway that can handle the largest aircraft. Sophisticated telemetry centers, shaped like enormous golf balls, dot the island, monitoring everything that flies overhead.

A small but heavily armed security force patrols San Nicolas, turning back curious boaters who try to land. The island's weekday population of about 150 military personnel and civilians drops to 30 on weekends. Home for most is Nicktown, a small cluster of low-slung buildings, including dormitories and a mess hall, a small store, a bowling alley and a saloon.

www.globalsecurity.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/47caafddb4f0.png[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
i'm beginning to think somebody hacked into something they shouldn't have.
or maybe we can just stick this into the 'whoops' category.
some people just shouldn't posses launch sequences.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Foxnews just said they will have an update from the Pentagon around 2p eastern time........

Thanks GEL for trying! Probably just new tech......

link   
Fox News just said that they will have a live interview with someone at the Pentagon in 15 minutes, appx. 11am Pacific.

link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by woogleuk

Civilian launch? From the ocean? What civilians have this capability?

It was either our military or some other country's.

Yes, it very *EASILY* could have been a civilian launch, especially if our military doesn't know who launched it. If it wasn't cleared through the proper channels and our Navy has know knowledge of any military presence in that location, then all signs point to civilians.

My initial bets were on a home-brew Cruise Missile without a payload the moment I heard this news break. After that guy in Australia posted the specs on how to build a Cruise Missile accurate to 1 foot at a range of 650 miles for $1500 in off-the-shelf parts, it was only a matter of time before some other kid (or grown up kid) decided to do the same (even after seeing how quickly that Australian man was taken down by US DHS).

Generally, when the USAF or USN do a launch, even if Top-Secret, they'll admit that it was their's...basically a "Nothing to see here folks. Move along." For the fact that they are disavowing any knowledge of this and scrambling to find out who is responsible makes one wonder, as all signs point to someone else.

(And last time I checked, no Navy had stealth subs that were entirely undetectable to being tracked by either our own Navy or by satellite. The Russians love to play hide and go seek, but we always know the general vicinity of their subs, even when we lose track of them for a day or two.)

All signs, for me, point to home-brew.

link   
I don't think our military would want to admit that they let a foreign power slip in right under our nose and do this.

link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

So, did he sound worried in any way? Jittery in telling you, or was it just a nonchalant reply, "Yep, I know what it is."
Either response would be intriguing.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The Pentagon is scheduled to make an announcement in the next 15 minutes. Fox News is covering it. Can't wait to hear this. The smart thing would be to come clean. The more you lie the worse it gets. Something is up no doubt, false flag event or the real deal. Awaiting the response.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Take a deep breath and backtrack the original claim by a CBS news crew with a strange video.

So far, there's no indication anybody on the ground saw the same thing.

You gotta ask, if there's no record of a missile launch -- and we all know the Dod is just so EAGER to advertise its incompetence, isn't it? -- what other aerial phenomena can cause contrails?

Take another deep breath. Exhale. Again.

And keep an open mind that first impressions, even by CBS helicopter news crews, can be misleading.

link   
Where did it go? Splashdown? Burn-up? Seems possible to me that it's either our own military, or a foreign agent testing to see whether our missile defense tech is really as effective and operational as we claim.

link   
As I understand gravity,what goes up,must come down.
SO,where did this thing go?
By logic,it has to land somewhere at some point?

link   

Originally posted by arcnaver

So, did he sound worried in any way? Jittery in telling you, or was it just a nonchalant reply, "Yep, I know what it is."
Either response would be intriguing.

he is not worried at all. he is laughing at all the drama over it. but that is because he knows what it is.
im sorry and really wish i could get more info....if i hear anything more, i will most certainly post it.

link   

Originally posted by SeanU
NOTAM for LA.

KZLA LOS ANGELES A2832/10 – THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS ARE REQUIRED DUE TO NAVAL AIR WARFARE CENTER WEAPONS DIVISION ACTIVATION OF W537. IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY, ALL NON-PARTICIPATING PILOTS ARE ADVISED TO AVOID W537. IFR TRAFFIC UNDER ATC JURISDICTION SHOULD ANTICIPATE CLEARANCE AROUND W537 AND CAE 1176. CAE 1155 WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION. CAE 1316 & CAE 1318 WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION. CAE 1177 WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION. W537 ACTIVE, CAE 1176 CLOSED. SURFACE – FL390, 09 NOV 20:00 2010 UNTIL 10 NOV 01:00 2010. CREATED: 08 NOV 20:52 2010
quote]Originally posted by SeanU
NOTAM for LA.

KZLA LOS ANGELES A2832/10 – THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS ARE REQUIRED DUE TO NAVAL AIR WARFARE CENTER WEAPONS DIVISION ACTIVATION OF W537. IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY, ALL NON-PARTICIPATING PILOTS ARE ADVISED TO AVOID W537. IFR TRAFFIC UNDER ATC JURISDICTION SHOULD ANTICIPATE CLEARANCE AROUND W537 AND CAE 1176. CAE 1155 WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION. CAE 1316 & CAE 1318 WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION. CAE 1177 WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION. W537 ACTIVE, CAE 1176 CLOSED. SURFACE – FL390, 09 NOV 20:00 2010 UNTIL 10 NOV 01:00 2010. CREATED: 08 NOV 20:52 2010

This restriction is for tonight beginning at 8pm until 10am Wednesday and it was created on Monday Monday at about 9pm? Is that correct? If so, how does it relate?

link   
reply to post by viperdave

Agreed. And if it is, people need to stop blaming the military for "keeping info from the people". If it was a show of force, blame Obama.

link   
~Dub-posted somehow~
edit on 9-11-2010 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

link   
Dupe...having posting issues.
edit on November 9th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by Hack28

What does he have to say regarding the the launch in Scotsdale by Luke Air Force base?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just called him and he said:
(redacted)

That is all he said
and said "take it for whatever it is worth"

Sorry, I am trying. But he holds TS+ clearance and cant ever tell me anything

Well to me that would infer that SpaceCom has just attempted to shoot down a CIA/NSA spysat.

Your thoughts on that.

edit on 9-11-2010 by Cosmic4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by Hack28

What does he have to say regarding the the launch in Scotsdale by Luke Air Force base?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry, I am trying. But he holds TS+ clearance and cant ever tell me anything

Well to me that would infer that SpaceCom has just attempted to shoot down a CIA/NSA spysat.

Your thoughts on that.

I do not have any thoughts because I dont do the job lol
Trust me, its very frustrating because I can never get any info and so many things happen that he is involved with and gets talked about here on ATS or the news - and I cant get the info!

Anyways, I really do not know more - but will report anything I hear. Sorry for the teaser w/out much substance

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join