It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Seriously, Phage, where are those radar reports?
Or, news were faked?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

if it was a test, unless a TOP SECRET test, it would have been reported.
And I don't know of a civilian being able to fire a rocket like that 35 miles out at sea without getting spotted... especially since the helicopter that caught the footage was already in the air.

IMO, this came from underwater.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I wonder if it was a show of force/warning from China.

We're essentially trying to default on our debt to them through monetization and they're pissed.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CodeRed3D

I agree, China isnt too happy with the Fed Reserve. My guess is that this was a little demonstration to show that if China really wanted to, they can put a submarine on our coast line and launch a missile without us stopping them. I'm also surprised that there hasnt been an "official" story yet from the U.S. government.

Even though news stations have been covering it nobody has mentioned where it went. Now, Im dont know a lot about missiles and such but doesnt the US have detection system that would determine the destination based on the trajectory of the thing?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Let me just repeat because this thread is moving fast.

2sws (where my daughter's father works) knows and monitors ALL launches (missile, shuttles, rockets, nucs, etc) are known by them. ALL - US and foreign. This is his job. They would have to know 100% what this is and who did it. Nothing gets by them. NOTHING. They are our first defenders!

However, it is obviously classified right now and not being released - since everyone is tight lipped.

I suggest the military, pentagon, etc's PR person should be fired!
edit on November 9th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rinchon
Did anyone see this for themselves? I can't find any YouTube videos or eyewitness reports other than the lone helicopter pilot who took the video. Seems weird that there are not more eyewitness accounts. Maybe this is an elaborate hoax to get national news coverage.

Reports of the supposed "missile" all came from the same area, the coast of San Clemente, Orange County, California. People in other areas, such as Los Angeles, would have simply seen a contrail not worth mentioning because of perspective.

channel6newsonline.com...

The air at jet travel altitudes over southern California was very cold and very moist last evening. Together with the sunset, perfect conditions to produce the appearance of a "missile launch".

link   
Could this be... Our Presidents 9-11? They already came out and said they needed something substantial to boost the his popularity, right? Could it be?

link   

Originally posted by astrogolf
reply to post by windwaker

Chuck Nash USN ret. Captain "Somebody knows what's going on, they're just trying to figure out how to explain it......It's a head scratcher.........They're parcing they're words."
"Space base system we have detects and tracks these type events.....They know."

Right on the Mark here, the Navy knew within seconds of launch what it was launched from, type of missile and it's destination. They're just trying to come up with an answer for the Press that won't reveal secrets and something the public will buy. I'll bet they're going nuts thinking up the best Lie they can give us...lol

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Did you not hear that it has been loosely confirmed it was a missle, an ICBM, and could you not clearly see the glow coming from the rocket? Last time I checked, airliners don't use a rocket propulsion system.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It could be a movie prop....
This could have been a dummy type of rocket booster that a hollywood movie group purchased from government and are using it as a real movie prop...?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
i just wonder if this is the false flag and thats why nobody is confirming it no foreign threat nasa doesnt know pentagon doesnt know nobody "knows" something is not adding up guys

reply to post by windwaker

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
reply to post by tommyjo

Did you not hear that it has been loosely confirmed it was a missle, an ICBM, and could you not clearly see the glow coming from the rocket? Last time I checked, airliners don't use a rocket propulsion system.

Who said it was an ICBM?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by arcnaver
Could this be... Our Presidents 9-11? They already came out and said they needed something substantial to boost the his popularity, right? Could it be?

I doubt it...it's just not a big enough event.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The contrail story is not believeable, I don't care how cold and moist the air was over the Pacific last night off the CA coast. because if that was the case, you see contrails galore since this is a major flight path area. You'd certainly see more than this one contrail.

link   
Hmmm ok.

What about a test of an anti-satellite missile??

The first launch puts up the drone satellite target, the second is the satellite killer, hmmmm?

So far there is no record of a splashdown, so one may assume that what went up stayed up.

???

Cosmic...

link   
reply to post by tsloan

No way, they can make smoke trails in 15min in fx programs. I can do it.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage why do you stick to your contrail theory still? seems like the military has now taken responsibility for this as per G.E.L but yet you seem so sure?

I don't follow you
edit on 9-11-2010 by Perfect stranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

channel6newsonline.com...

The air at jet travel altitudes over southern California was very cold and very moist last evening. Together with the sunset, perfect conditions to produce the appearance of a "missile launch".

Phage ,
With all due respect even a forum admin GEL is on and posting that the government knows exactly what it is but just arent telling us and that it was tracked. If it was a simple contrail from a plane they would have said so long ago imho.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Ok Greeneye is telling you more than you are listening to

anybody else go check what 2sws does?

The 2nd SWS detects ballistic missile launches using Defense Support Program satellites, and reports that information to the North American Aerospace Defense Command and U.S. Space Command Missile Warning Center at Cheyenne Mountain Air Station, CO. The squadron is the primary Defense Support Program ground station in the continental United States (their webpage)

They know what it was and said dont worry its nothing. I think he knows what he is talking about you dont fart near one of these things that they dont know.

Relax

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

The why are you here? DUUUUH

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join