It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Reasons Why a Conspiracy Theorist Might Believe a Devastating Event is Imminent

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Honestly I don't see what is so hard to see about what is coming: Attack, Economy collapses, the only way to live is form the NAU and make a mega army (young latinos that were previously 'illegal' and many more gays most likely) to defeat Iran and China, many young/poor people die in the war, old rich people shake hands and there you go. The NAU just won't go away after the war

Repeat with fake Alien invasion and the One world government is there

*cleans hands*

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I am thinking it could be financially linked, or Linked to a solar storm.

Don't forget there has been al ot of strange activity on this forum lately, and especially around the topics concerning financial doom. Or at least it must have been what people said in that topic that concerned the people that run this forum.

I think all of us should really be aware of all forums including this one. Because we don't know who's behind it, and also there's alot of Advertising on here linked Directly to Hollywood, ETC.

It all comes down to following the money.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I want to know...

Do people who have suspicions regarding the world like being referred to as a Conspiracy Theorist?

Or do people label those that question things as a Conspiracy Theorist?

The distinction is well muted in the age of the internet but I am still thinking that the label is an applied term...not a celebrated affiliation...

Which causes me to wonder at the title/article (not the Opening Poster)...food for thought...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by BlasteR

Granted, it could be argued that all the major conflicts since Vietnam were orchestrated for Financial gain. However, if that were the case we'd be rolling in money right now.

I think your assumptions are correct but with one major flaw.
You think wars are good for the economy of "we" but I'd say look for those that benifited from the wars.
Certainly wasn't us but I asure you a LOT of money was made in every war..

One huge difference between Vietnam and today is that today private security firms can bid on lucrative government contracts for everything from private security to domestic "intelligence gathering".. I cannot find it at the moment but I read a story in October 2008 that said the government was going to allow Blackwater to bid on domestic intelligence gathering contracts.

Hard to tell exactly how much money companies like Blackwater have made since 9/11 but the sum is not small. Ever since the "Shock and awe" campaign there has been a major proliferation of private companies competing for these extremely high-dollar government contracts for doing everything from private security to things that would make the average citizen cringe.. The cost is being justified by the government, primarily, because of the war on terror.

Thus, I could perhaps see the argument that money indirectly makes its way back into the economy through the private sector. However, if the govenrment had piles of money leftover from Iraq and still coming in from Afghanistan and the war on terror, we wouldn't be in our present situation.

The dollar continues to be devalued, The Fed continues to print new money like a monopoly factory, We have a Deficit continuing to hit record levels, The National Debt is quickly approaching $14 trillion and has continued to increase an average of $4.16 billion per day since 28 September, 2007, the oil market remains a glass house of uncertainty, The unemployment rate is still around 10%, We have a national infrastructure that continues to crumble beneath us even as the American Society of Civil Engineers continues to give it "D" ratings overall.

www.infrastructurereportcard.org...

The American Society of Civil Engineers has just released this report card for 2009 which gives America's infrastructure an overall GPA of "D" and recommends a 5-year investment of $2.2 trillion to remedy this problem. See the project website

"The 2009 Report Card for America's Infrastructure finds not much has changed since the last edition four years ago. Years of delayed maintenance and lack of modernization have left Americans with an outdated and failing infrastructure that cannot meet our needs. Infrastructure has a direct impact on our personal and economic health, and the infrastructure crisis is endangering our nation's future prosperity."

According to a recent story in the LA Times, California, alone, is having to borrow $40,000,000 per day to cover unemployment benefits. Local economies all across the U.S. are continuing to have budget shortfalls with no easy solution to their problems. Someone always gets the short end of the stick and it usually ends up being the American taxpayer.

Generally speaking, every time a solution is decided upon for these kinds of problems it is always a short-term "patch" that simply addresses the symptom of the problem and ignores the real causes.

If our nation has profited at all through armed conflict since 9/11, that money is probably already long gone.

-ChriS

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
I want to know...

Do people who have suspicions regarding the world like being referred to as a Conspiracy Theorist?

Or do people label those that question things as a Conspiracy Theorist?

The distinction is well muted in the age of the internet but I am still thinking that the label is an applied term...not a celebrated affiliation...

Which causes me to wonder at the title/article (not the Opening Poster)...food for thought...

Good point, as your two questions indicate that reality can be distorted with some strategically placed articles accompanied with some global news sources informing the global population who choose to be informed by the most monitored source of information via the idiot box and then followed by the internet.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I would addendum with -perception of reality-

The metaphysicals do have a point...even if the majority misinterpret...

www.manw.nato.int...
edit on Wed, 10 Nov 2010 03:02:20 -0600 by MemoryShock because: To Add A Link For Those Who May Glean Over It...Be careful though...always...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
My prediction is that 11/11 Obama will get hit by a coconut.
Count on it...when it happens you know who called it.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
My prediction is that 11/11 Obama will get hit by a coconut.
Count on it...when it happens you know who called it.

Which begs the question...why does your mom throw coconuts?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Haha...mom jokes coming from a forum mod? Classy.
But seriously...it's going to happen.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

“People do get hurt, or even killed, from falling coconuts. … Why take a chance?” said Meghshyam Ajgaonkar, executive secretary of the museum.

www.spokesman.com...
edit on 10-11-2010 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

You're right...quite out of line...but your allusions kind of spurred it...

I suggest focusing on economic trends rather than names and race....the latter is as lame as 'Mom Jokes'...

By the way...much respect to you and yours...Truly.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Apology accepted.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I mentioned race anywhere. I made a prediction about Obama being hit by a coconut on a specific date (after all this subject revolves around predictions). This does not insinuate anything about race as far as I can comprehend my own statement. Are you perhaps picking up on subliminal racial connotations that I'm unaware of?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Oh yeah..simply love it...as i mentioned earlier..lets all go out now and buy one, i mean its all over the internet and the idiot box, so it must be right and good for us all...right ?

Bill Gates says mobiles can improve global health

link

In case people are lazy to click and read the link, here is what i find most interesting but yet to me, its not surprising. I have taken the liberty to underline what i feel should be pointed out.

Gates noted how phones can impact on TB diagnosis, as well as offering better immunization programmes and patient reminders. "You could get people to take medicines regularly, that's a huge one."

As indicated, they are well aware that the majority lack or have had their cerebral cortex turned down a notch for them to actually realize what is beneficial to their very own existence.

What should raise the inner alarm bells within everyone is that and as obvious as it is on this particular article, is that they are " telling " you when to take what ( for now ). So complete and utter submission without question is what is at hand and its only the beginning.
edit on 10-11-2010 by tristar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join