It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright orange star seen over Brighton UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Just now, 9pm GMT, saw a very bright orange light flying over Brighton. At first I thought fireworks, as it is that time of year, but it was flying fast and in a straight line from North to South, so not a Chinese lantern either.

Compared to a plane, it was about 10 times brighter, flying faster than you'd expect a civilian plane to fly, and was just red/orange with no periperal lights. No sound either.

I can only say that it was below cloud cover, so I assume fairly low in altitude. It quickly got smaller and less bright as it moved away from our position. It would have ended up flying over one of the piers on its current trajectory.

It was so bright that it looked like a huge star at some points. As the angle of view changed from side on, to looking at it's rear as it disappeared from view, it didn't change in colour or shape.

Anyone else see this? I have seen orange lights before, last year 2 in formation from further away, and a friend saw 13 in formation a few days before that, all at the same time in the evening. If this was the same thing then it was much closer but still no sound.

I would suggest military, but really have no idea.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 12arc

Thanks
I didn't see anything tonight tho have seen a few orange non lantern flying objects over the area. (so have numerous neighbours at different times, it's actually a usual topic after a few beers)

edit to add:
The airspace overhead is rather crammed. so not sure what they could be, tho a number of fishermen I've spoken to/know are sure they where alien in origin.
edit on 31/10/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 12arc

watched something very similar (orange round)last night 30-10-10 at approx 1.30 am which stayed almost stationary over Wolverhampton(west midlsnds) for about 25 minutes

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 12arc

Sounds exactly the same as what i saw on boxing day last year in hull uk. This was bright orange light that flew silently over my head, the light looked about car sized and was about the hight of the police helicopter and traveling from west to east(ish) The light was a constant light source and not flickering and in no way was it a chinese lantern.

Then i saw one travel from north to south about 5 minutes later and this one was a little higher and moving faster

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ICbluebeam

i am seeing orange balls to, i have seen 2 so far tonight, one was flickering so i dismissed it as a lantern, the other was bright, i did'nt see the flickering but it suddenly stopped floating and dropped to the ground with no noise, so again i dismissed it as a lantern.

the sky is overcast here it has been raining. it's halloween so i do not think anyone is seeing anything out of the ordinary, we need film/video to tell for sure.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Thanks for all the replies.

And, thoughtsfull, any more details on what those fishermen are saying? I would have no reason to say one way or another what I saw, so I would love to know what causes them to take it further.

We could do with a census of the UK and beyond to see whether or not there are any patterns to such sightings. I will have plenty of spare time next month (December), maybe I will collate all the "I saw an orange light" posts and see what comes up.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I seen the same thing last night in solihull (west midlands) moving swiftly accross the sky. no flashing lights just bright orange. I didnt see it standing still. i could see planes coming into land at birmingham it looked nothing like them. I couldnt hear any sound from it. not sure if it was big and high or small and low but it was definetly orange and alot brighter than the planes.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
reply to post by ICbluebeam

i am seeing orange balls to, i have seen 2 so far tonight, one was flickering so i dismissed it as a lantern, the other was bright, i did'nt see the flickering but it suddenly stopped floating and dropped to the ground with no noise, so again i dismissed it as a lantern.

the sky is overcast here it has been raining. it's halloween so i do not think anyone is seeing anything out of the ordinary, we need film/video to tell for sure.

Hi Life,
Do you mean the second one fell while still illuminated? The lanterns are out in full force tonight, as was last night which was clear here at 7pm. I watched a firework display last night in Newcastle, Co Down and several lanterns drifted across at the same time as the ISS crossed over, below Jupiter west to east, in the far distance south. Along with the fireworks, it was quite a sight. I forgot my camera though.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The daamn thing was flying too fast for a lantern so forget the lanterns...
These orange lights are being seen world wide....
They are not all lanterns...somethings up...but what?
Then there arte the flying plank looking UFOs wih banks of spotlights on top...seen in china and elsewhere....
Quite large by the looks of the photos....In fact there seems to be one ET race that flys all sizes and shapes of these box or plank like UFOs.
So we are beginning to get enough data to classify these visitors by their vehicle types.
I think the squarish and odd shaped designs which do not show any aerodynamic qualities must be extremely advanced or even interdimensional in their travel mode...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I got your back on that one, bro
Out here I seen a large ornage light 2night, 8:pm pst southwest and it drifted slowly, then bam I seen a white flash up in te sky and as soon as I seen that... I looked back and the damn thing as gone, stupid flash made me look up lol

But some thingz... most deff up

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I have seen the same sort of thing a handful of times in sussex, once there were at least 5 together but usually its just one, although it has always been from some distance and at a higher altitude.

I have to shrug them off as being chinese lanterns as I have no other explanation, even though I don't believe they are.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 12arc

You might want to have a read of this and see how it compares to your experience

www.uk-ufo.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
reply to post by 12arc

You might want to have a read of this and see how it compares to your experience

www.uk-ufo.co.uk...

Still has the hallmarks of a chinese lantern, lack of wind at ground level does not mean there is no wind at any other level. It would be a good idea in sightings like these if posters would mention how long a sighting lasted, a lantern for instance can be seen from all quarters and lasts about 10 to 12 minutes, but would not last from horizon to horizon.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

From reading the guys description they passed through an arc of roughly 140s degrees of sky in 5 minutes and the 3 light formation help a perfect relation to each other during the whole of the sighting. That's not Chinese lanterns to me. Furthermore and this is so often left out about Lanterns,. in anything other than the slightest breeze, they catch fire and burn out in seconds. They showed that pretty effectively on that series *fake of not*.. Their attempt managed to rise 3 feet off the floor burst into flames and landed about 15 feet away.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
reply to post by smurfy

From reading the guys description they passed through an arc of roughly 140s degrees of sky in 5 minutes and the 3 light formation help a perfect relation to each other during the whole of the sighting. That's not Chinese lanterns to me. Furthermore and this is so often left out about Lanterns,. in anything other than the slightest breeze, they catch fire and burn out in seconds. They showed that pretty effectively on that series *fake of not*.. Their attempt managed to rise 3 feet off the floor burst into flames and landed about 15 feet away.

Hi Moon,
You are supposed to launch the things upright from your hand after a time period. Formation is okay all according to wind levels, and they can be formatted anyway, and also there was one that came after. The guy also said he discounted lanterns because there was no wind, a big no no in the first instance, so why should he say that? in fact he mentions wind several times. 5 minutes btw is a long time.
edit on 4-11-2010 by smurfy because: add text.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Hi Smurfy...I'm thinking 140 degrees of sky average persons height about 4-5 miles then.? Covering say 4 miles in 5 mins lanterns wouldn't last 10 seconds at that speed. The fire is the *weight* at anything over above a slight breeze the canopy is going to be dragged over and catch fire and the flame would be quite obviously not spherical but elongated in shape and flickering like billy ho? Given that i just don;t see how the maths and science adds up in this case.

There's another way of looking at this. Before Chinese Lanterns were ever even heard of over here. These incidents bare the hallmark of a classic UFO sighting.
edit on 4-11-2010 by FireMoon because: grammar

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 12arc

I saw something similar over Brighton on Saturday (6th November 2010) night. Two blazing orange stars, they looked similar to the fire on the end of a sparkler but had red points above and below. I initially only saw one and thought it may be some kind of firework but then went outside and saw another, exactly the same. They seemed to be very large and a couple of hundred yards apart and under the clouds. They were moving in unison and very slowly, much slower than a plane would fly and were going north to south in a straight line.
I am at the back of Brighton and I watched them go to what I would guess is the coast, they then swerved upwards into the clouds and disappeared.
While this was going on I dashed indoors and grabbed my blackberry to video it all. You can just about see them moving in unison but they come out as pin pricks in the sky.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I have finally created an account after long time viewing. i had to laugh when i saw this thread. i was walking home with my family on saturday night in birmingham after going to the shop.as we turned onto our road we saw 3 chinese lanterns taking off from someones back garden. we stood and watched because our little one loved the lights.
after watching them rise for a few mintues i said i am glad i got my glasses on because i can make out what they are. I then made a comment about the new york ufo incident to my wife and i said i bet there will be a thread about ufo's spotted above birmingham on the 6th november on the ATS website. Once they get to a certain height they look like a bright orange star.
So just made me chuckle when i saw this and the poster mentioning the ones in solihull,which isnt too far away from me. after a certain height they do look stationary too.
I just wish i had made a prediction thread. That one would have been the only one being true haha

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I know what a lantern looks like as the kids set them off every year. the orange light I seen was NOT a lantern and happened a week before your prediction that never happened.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
my point wasnt to cause personal offence,it was aimed at the original poster not you,i just glimpsed at the solihull bit.
My point was that if i didnt see them being launched i would be in the garden thinking WTF aliens

top topics

<<   2 >>

join