It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witch Burning in Africa (Extremely Disturbing Video)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

I don't see how it is humanly possible for someone to ever justify this but of course it must be and was even worse in the past. Execution is bad enough, but this is just sadistic.

On a lighter note, I love your avatar. Easily one of the most beautiful I have seen on ATS =]

edit on 23-10-2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Sadistic people justify anything... when the soul is dead it sadly becomes easy to them...

Thanks. The sky is beautiful to me. So simple yet stunning.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Its cool, I can sympathise there (To an extent, I don't actually know what you saw)

Don't worry I will do, make sure you do too
I hope to see you in paradise one day.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
It's sad to see this happening today. This is what Christian Churches teach people. Puff the Religion of Peace my but!

Yes, it really makes me sick when I think that Churches used to run my country and condone this kind of behaviour.. My mum is a Christian and she is the most lovely, caring women I have ever known. But her religion on the other hand...

The Roman Catholic church fights this kind of beliefs, but the new "religions" from America don't and make a lot of harm in many countries.

edit on 23/10/2010 by jeanne75018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Should be interesting when the real witches come out of hiding.
Fire might not be the best idea.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Do you think anyone who burns another human could ever change their ways? I think it would take something SERIOUS. As in probably getting burnt half to death themselves... (Not that I'm condoning it, just trying to understand how this can happen and how it could change)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by xiphias

Any chance you could extend on that?

I'm genuinely interested in what your talking about, loads of ideas are racing through my mind right now. Aint you gonna give me something to go on?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

Do you think anyone who burns another human could ever change their ways? I think it would take something SERIOUS. As in probably getting burnt half to death themselves... (Not that I'm condoning it, just trying to understand how this can happen and how it could change)

Education is the only way to make these horrible acts disappear.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jeanne75018

Very true. How do you go about educating a whole continent though? Also, I think it would probably be near on impossible to irradiate the superstition and fear that is most probably the cause of this and has most likely been imprinted in their society for aeons.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I don't know...
I believe that anyone who is capable of that type of true evil is taken over by satan completely. And I do believe that there is a satan. One of the greatest triumphs of satan in the past 100 years is convincing people that he isn't that big of an influence in their lives or that he doesn't exist...
Nothing is impossible with God. The real power of a truly prayerful person cannot be discounted...
that's all I can say about that, really.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I believe in Satan. But my views on Satan differ from yours. Satan is an angel who's job is for us to tempt us into doing wrong. Us with freewill have the power to over power Satan.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

I agree with you that we have the power to rid ourselves of the influence of satan in our lives. However, many people do not truly understand his pervasive influence. All, and I mean all that is not positive is from him. Period.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth
The real power of a truly prayerful person cannot be discounted...
that's all I can say about that, really.

INDEED. Positive thoughts, thinking and feeling go a LONG way. A lot of people don't realise that thinking negatively makes your surroundings more negative, in turn making you more negative, feeding and allowing "Satan" to have more influence. Wherever there is positivity and love there is god, wherever there is negativity and evil there is satan.

We need everyone in all religions to work together to make this world a better place. It doesn't matter which god(s) you worship or if you see yourself as a god. The more positive energy and the less negative energy the better for us all and for future generations.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

True. Never thought I would agree with a Christian on anything.
Things you never know at all anymore. We all get older.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth
reply to post by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

I agree with you that we have the power to rid ourselves of the influence of satan in our lives. However, many people do not truly understand his pervasive influence. All, and I mean all that is not positive is from him. Period.

Very wise and true words. It doesn't matter what image each person has of satan. At the end of the day there is something evil at work and even if it isn't any religious satan, its the same concept.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Ok I'm off to bed now. Its 6 o'clock in the morning over here in merry old England

I was going to go out until I watched this video

Thanks for all the conversation everyone I'm off, please remember to keep it civil!

There hasn't been one troll yet

I'll check this thread tomorrow, peace

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
from what I read, the people being burned in the video may have been found guilty of some pretty sick stuff...aka, sacrifical killing of children...

not sure how credible the source is, but if that indeed the case...where the ones being burned were killing children to offer up to some sort of pagan blood god...did they deserve their fate?

easy to see a video with no context and decide who is right and who is wrong...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Children in Nigeria are being accussed and punished for being witches, what crimes have children done to deserve this.

According to a recent report by UNICEF, “Children Accused of Witchcraft,” accusations in witchcraft are on the rise in general in Nigeria, and in particular against children and adolescents.

Link

Imho we cannot blame any religion for mans inhumanity to man they use religion as an umbrella for evil the same as politics.
Stalin Pol Pot for instance.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

Did you just take a stab at Atheist?
You're wrong on that comment and I am here to prove my point!
Source!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Apart from those two comments by 'anotherproof' I can't see where it says that these people are being burned alive because of killing children.

However, knowing what I know about witchcraft and paganism and the horrible misconceptions that are abound about the two, I wonder if these people HAVE been accused of witchcraft and the "killing babies" was actually a result of cot-death or late term miscarriages that have unfortunately plagued several women in a short period of time.

Women have been accused of witchcraft for many a petty thing. I would like to see the source of the Baby Killing story.

xx

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join