It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The coming of the Son of man/Signs of the end of the Age

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michael Cecil
The passages that you quote do not have anything whatsoever to do directly with the Doctrine of "resurrection" taught by Isaiah, Daniel, Jesus and Mohammed as a Doctrine of 'Rebirth';

Isaiah, Daniel, and Jesus did not teach this doctrine of yours, and I will challenge you to provide evidence that they did.
The followers of Mohammed will have to look after themselves on this point.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Michael Cecil

Michael I'll ask you again for the fourth or fifth time, who exactly and what exactly do you think the audible voice that said "I am Jesus I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish" was and means? you obviously prefer the visual symbolism of a many part body that would never have existed without the literal and infact are literally the same in a sense as in the case of relationship like Head and Body, Bride and Bridegroom giving alot of problem to your "revelation" against Christians (the first of this new creation being Judah Israel and Hebrew including the Head or Bridegroom) while at the same time He comes back again for those that are waiting for Him

so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.

edit on 24-10-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

We don't need Jesus to die for our sins. God forgives us! Again I repeat Jesus was not needed to forgive sins.
God has not left Jews and non-Jews without means of receiving forgiveness of sins. Minimally, non-Jews are to live by moral and civil rules and establish the proper institutions necessary to uphold the basic structure of society. For example, a tone of righteousness and mercy is to be set in relationships of human to human and human to animal life in the command to abstain from eating flesh from a living animal (Genesis 9:4) and in having responsibility to maintain the sanctity of life, whether one's own or another person's (Genesis 9:5-6). On a deeper spiritual level, non-Jews may also establish a personal relationship with God (2 Kings 5:15-18) and find remission of sin through sincere repentance (Jonah 3:5-10, Daniel 4:27).

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

But he continued, "You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins.""Who are you?" they asked.
"Just what I have been claiming all along," Jesus replied.

"If you were Abraham's children," said Jesus, "then you would do the things Abraham did. As it is, you are determined to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. You are doing the things your own father does."

"We are not illegitimate children," they protested. "The only Father we have is God himself."
Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me. Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say.

Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me!

He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God."
The Jews answered him, "Aren't we right in saying that you are a Samaritan and demon-possessed?"
"I am not possessed by a demon," said Jesus, "but I honor my Father and you dishonor me. I am not seeking glory for myself; but there is one who seeks it, and he is the judge. I tell you the truth, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death."

At this the Jews exclaimed, "Now we know that you are demon-possessed! Abraham died and so did the prophets, yet you say that if anyone keeps your word, he will never taste death. Are you greater than our father Abraham? He died, and so did the prophets. Who do you think you are?"

Jesus replied, "If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and keep his word. Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad."

You are not yet fifty years old," the Jews said to him, "and you have seen Abraham!"

"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" At this, they picked up stones to stone him

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

So wait! Jesus is before the Abraham now? This goes against Jewish ideas and beliefs. You don't see how Pagan it is for Jesus to exist before he was a human. That proves Jesus was an influence on Pagan God's at the time.
Predate Jesus

Who is Jesus to you? Will you call him God?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

By the way. What do you think of what this Rabbi has to say?
Source

Maimonides states (Foundations of Torah, ch. 8): The Jews did not believe in Moses, our teacher, because of the miracles he performed. Whenever anyone's belief is based on seeing miracles, he has lingering doubts, because it is possible the miracles were performed through magic or sorcery. All of the miracles performed by Moses in the desert were because they were necessary, and not as proof of his prophecy. What then was the basis of [Jewish] belief? The Revelation at Mount Sinai, which we saw with our own eyes and heard with our own ears, not dependent on the testimony of others... as it says, "Face to face, God spoke with you..." The Torah also states: "God did not make this covenant with our fathers, but with us ― who are all here alive today." (Deut. 5:3) Judaism is not miracles. It is the personal eyewitness experience of every man, woman and child, standing at Mount Sinai 3,300 years ago.

Testimony means nothing! Jesus is not the Messiah. Never was and never will. There is no second coming.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.
Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John. He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe. He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.

He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
"Surely the day is coming; it will burn like a furnace. All the arrogant and every evildoer will be stubble, and that day that is coming will set them on fire," says the LORD Almighty.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

So you say Jesus is God? Right?
Source
What you are posting goes against Judaism and the concept of God in Judaism and the OT!

G-d is Incorporeal Although many places in scripture and Talmud speak of various parts of G-d's body (the Hand of G-d, G-d's wings, etc.) or speak of G-d in anthropomorphic terms (G-d walking in the garden of Eden, G-d laying tefillin, etc.), Judaism firmly maintains that G-d has no body. Any reference to G-d's body is simply a figure of speech, a means of making G-d's actions more comprehensible to beings living in a material world. Much of Rambam's Guide for the Perplexed is devoted to explaining each of these anthropomorphic references and proving that they should be understood figuratively. We are forbidden to represent G-d in a physical form. That is considered idolatry. The sin of the Golden Calf incident was not that the people chose another deity, but that they tried to represent G-d in a physical form.

G-d is One One of the primary expressions of Jewish faith, recited twice daily in prayer, is the Shema, which begins "Hear, Israel: The L-rd is our G-d, The L-rd is one." This simple statement encompasses several different ideas: 1. There is only one G-d. No other being participated in the work of creation. 2. G-d is a unity. He is a single, whole, complete indivisible entity. He cannot be divided into parts or described by attributes. Any attempt to ascribe attributes to G-d is merely man's imperfect attempt to understand the infinite. 3. G-d is the only being to whom we should offer praise. The Shema can also be translated as "The L-rd is our G-d, The L-rd alone," meaning that no other is our G-d, and we should not pray to any other.

God is one and God can never be a person.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

You rant a lot for a person online.
Are you angry about something? Tell me!
Like a broken clock that keeps perfect time twice a day, Jesus' prophesized omens are correct every year, except for the apocalypse.
Sigh!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

"Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ."

"In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

Kiss the Son, lest he be angry

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

just repeating/posting from memory-although I can see why it would be percieved that way-lies demand a truthful response-does this upset you?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Dear God! You are not getting what I am telling you all this time. Jesus is not God, the son of God, The Messiah or a prophet. There is no second coming!
Hesus! lol
Give the NT a chance?
I'm glad to be a former Christian. People like you give God a bad name and why Judaism is not flourishing like it should be.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Are you calling me a liar. If you're calling me a liar then you're calling God a liar. I am using the Hebrew Bible and your Christian Bible against you and have proven Jesus is false. What would it take for you to except Jesus as false?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

you'll know I meant exactly what I said I heard and why they did also and therefore wrote and spoke

We ourselves heard that voice from heaven when we were with him on the holy mountain.
Because of that experience, we have even greater confidence in the message proclaimed by the prophets. You must pay close attention to what they wrote, for their words are like a lamp shining in a dark place—until the Day dawns, and Christ the Morning Star shines in your hearts. Above all, you must realize that no prophecy in Scripture ever came from the prophet’s own understanding

She bore a male Child who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron. And her Child was caught up to God and His throne.

Now all these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.

For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.

Anyone who believes in the Son of God has this testimony in his heart. Anyone who does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because he has not believed the testimony God has given about his Son.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Again and again you post the same message and I disprove you! Jesus is not the Messiah. There is not second coming or virgin birth in the OT. You're a liar. Simple as that.
Jesus Genology

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

Originally posted by Michael Cecil
The passages that you quote do not have anything whatsoever to do directly with the Doctrine of "resurrection" taught by Isaiah, Daniel, Jesus and Mohammed as a Doctrine of 'Rebirth';

Isaiah, Daniel, and Jesus did not teach this doctrine of yours, and I will challenge you to provide evidence that they did.

That evidence does not exist at the level of thought or argument.

It cannot possibly be conveyed to another in mere words.

There are two aspects of that evidence, neither of which is under my control.

Don't blame me.

The first Evidence is the Revelation of the Memory of Creation and the revelation of the memories of previous lives themselves. And only the Creator can convey those Revelations to you. Don't blame me for the fact that you have not received these Revelations. It is not my fault. I have received these Revelations. That is also not my fault.

The second evidence is negative evidence, consisting of the fact that hundreds of millions of people believe precisely the same Satanic interpretation of the "resurrection" that you believe in--an interpretation which is at the very foundation of all theological conflicts between Jews, Christians and Muslims, but which hundreds of millions of Jews, Christians and Muslims all insist is a 'Revealed Truth'. And, on the basis of that Satanic belief, they are inciting a genocidal war between Jews, Christians and Muslims in order to 'prove' that their interpretation is the Truth.

Go ahead. Prove it.

But don't blame me for the horrific consequences; all of which were made quite clear to me more than 35 years ago.

Michael

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

So I am the anti-Christ? How can there be one with there ever being a Messiah?
There are things that G-d keeps from Himself? Is such a thing even possible? It’s obvious that these verses contradict Jesus being equal and of the same substance as G-d Almighty. Christians say he’s G-d, and then they say he’s the Son of G-d. Make up your mind. Which one is he? Is he G-d or is he the Messiah? He can’t be both, and closer examination will show he is neither.
Jesus is the lie!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Michael Cecil

["It cannot possibly be conveyed to another in mere words.']

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life

Then a voice came from heaven, "I have glorified it, and will glorify it again." The crowd that was there and heard it said it had thundered; others said an angel had spoken to him.

A voice came from the cloud, saying, "This is my Son, whom I have chosen; listen to him."

Then a cloud appeared and enveloped them, and a voice came from the cloud: "This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!"

For he received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join